Danielson admits he SOLD OUT

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

kraynor3

Reaction score
The "small wrestlers don't get pushed" is bullshit. If Danielson gets over, he will get pushed for as long as he's over.
It's not an idea it's fact.

People will bring up Benoit and Guerrero, but they outweighed Bryan by 40 pounds.

And they got over despite "creative's" efforts to bury them.

I'm not sure they even know how to help anyone get over.

The odds are he'll get the same treatment as Kendrick, London, and Borne.

Minor pushes on third string afterthoughts like ECW, then a lifetime of putting over Vince's pet steroid monkeys.

Or, he gets stuck in Florida like Cabana and Low Ki, learning how to wrestle the bland 1/4 speed WWE style and not getting to use any moves that might show up the quality "wrestlers" on the upper card.

xtremebadass

it doesn't matter how good you are in the indies, you're only as good as WWE lets or wants you to be.

noumenon

^Truth.

And yeah sorry, I don't follow ROH..so that just goes to show you even if you're their biggest star doesn't make your name huge. If you don't watch ROH (which most casual wresting fans don't) you'de probably never have heard of him. On the other hand..you mention someone like Cena, HHH, HBK..chances are people would have heard of them, regardless if they're a wrestling fan or not.

The Rated R CMStar

It's not an idea it's fact.

People will bring up Benoit and Guerrero, but they outweighed Bryan by 40 pounds.

And they got over despite "creative's" efforts to bury them.

I'm not sure they even know how to help anyone get over.

The odds are he'll get the same treatment as Kendrick, London, and Borne.

Minor pushes on third string afterthoughts like ECW, then a lifetime of putting over Vince's pet steroid monkeys

Tell me how the hell Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero were tried to get buried, because til he died, Eddie was in a title feud, and Benoit always stayed upper midcard.

As for your examples, I clearly said you will get pushed as long as you get or keep over. Brian Kendrick was getting pushed on Smackdown and he got that pushed, say what you want but he got into the title match at Unforgiven. He didnt suddenly just start losing matches, no, he was kept prominent...until he just stopped getting reactions. Brian Kendrick was cool, I am a fan, but if he doesn't get over, then why would he get pushed.

Bourne got over as crazy and was pushed. His injury took heat from him and thats why he isn't getting that pushed (altough get real, hes only lost to Jack Swagger)

You keep saying names of small guys that werent pushed to the moon. Fact is, they were pushed at a time, and while they were over, they kept that push, but when they lost that level of overness, why the hell would you keep the push?

Want an example, Rey Mysterio.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Ya who does he think he is wanting to live financially secure in a bad economy;

Doesn't he know that he has to toil in obscurity for the rest of his life?

And yes, Vince will push you if you get over and you are small, Bret Hart, HBK, Mysterio, Benoit, Eddie, Punk, Jeff Hardy. Hell, if size matters why is Hornswaggle STILL getting TV time? You think Vince wants to drive down ratings by putting on people no one cares about? No. The fact is, all of those guys got over like a motherfucker and then got pushed, not the other way around. Are there politics involved? Yeah. But if Vince thinks he can make money off of you, he will ride you till you dont draw anymore or till your dead.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
So we complain about WWE being full of roided up muscle bound freakazoids....yet we refuse to get behind smaller dudes...because they're small?

Great One

Yes. Wrestler in the WWE will always imply a big, strong dude who can fuck people up. It's always been the image and at the peak of the WWE/F in the Attitude Era all those guys were BIG. Aside from maybe two guys, Foley and Angle. But they both had their things, Foley had been there for ages and was a psycho bastard who excelled in hardcore matches and using weapons/sacrificing his body to beat people (also keep in mind he wasn't short at all). And obviously, Kurt Angle I personally believe had the best debut, best hype, best gimmick, best everything to need to excel in the WWE. His run was perfect and I think it's exactly what small guys need to get over. Except for him, he was an OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST, which was the greatest credibility of all time. That alone made him seem on par with everyone else when he outwrestled everyone and on top of that was godly and ridiculously charismatic on the mic, just seemed like a natural with everything he did. He should be living proof that small guys can get over, should be hope for them all and be as sort of a measuring stick. But, it's simply way harder and you need a pro background like him. Anyways, however, the Attitude Era guys weren't 'roided up' big, Triple H was the most muscled up guy probably, but they were all credibile big guys who could lift the biggest guy easily (except Big Show). The way I see it, you have to be at least big enough to look like a credible competitor to The Undertaker to make it (I believe Angle was the first to make Undertaker tap in his career and the only time). So yeah.. so as far as Danielson goes, again:

Kurt Angle could do it... of course he did win a gold medal with a broken freakin neck, though.

If Kurt Angle could do it, why can't he?

Double J

Reaction score
I don't blame Daneilson one bit, he did the best thing. Someone mentioned he made more money than anyone else in ROH, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't ROH guys worried about ROH closing not to long ago? Doesn't sound like security to me.

The question above me is "If Kurt Angle could do it, why can't he?", Kurt Angle did it all because of his gimmick and in-ring skills, and mic skills. A guy Danielson's size is going to need all those things to be great. Vince needs to learn that these guys he pulls off the indies will get over if he lets them stay themselves.

A big reason CM Punk and Samoa Joe have gotten over in their companies is because they're still the same person they were in the indies. But WWE wants to 'create' stars so they strip the already semi-popular wrestler off his name and make him into someone never heard of before and hope he gets big again.

I think a big reason Danielson is going to have a hard time getting over also is because he is a 'pure wrestler' and Vince's 'pure wrestler' right now is Jack Swagger. It's obvious that they want to push Swagger again eventually so Daneilson is going to have to step it up to be noticed.

Sidenote: Mysterio is a bad example of little guys getting over in WWE. If he came in out of the indies then he would of been gone long time ago. He came in as one of WCW's top stars that wasn't originally from WWF and he was extremely popular in Mexico, and once he got here they seen he was extremely popular with the kids and his merchindice were dollar signs. If you remember they really hyped his coming to WWE.

xtremebadass

So we complain about WWE being full of roided up muscle bound freakazoids....yet we refuse to get behind smaller dudes...because they're small?

Best way to succeed in wrestling is if you're a big guy not on riods, those are the guys that I am a fan of...JOHNNY C!!!! lol

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Danielson has the same shot to make it big as everybody in WWE Developmental. He has more experience and skills than everyone there, but it's hard to say he'll be like Punk or end up like Cabana. Remember when Cabana got signed, everyone thought he would be a big star? It didn't happen, so Danielson could go either way now.

Being smaller could help Danielson going up because he won't be like the other big muscle guys in Developmental, he'll be different.

exactly why I refuse to really get behind Evan Bourne because when it's all said and done Bourne will NEVER be a world champion.

So you don't cheer for Bourne because he'll never be a world champ? That logic seems pretty messed up, man.

noumenon

I'm sorry guys..and upon watching a bunch of videos of this guy...I don't see anything overly impressive about him. In ring or look wise. In fact he seems pretty damn generic...and a lot of the moves I did see him execute would never be used in a WWE ring.

Wordlife

actually.... Danielson has BEEN in a WWE ring before... he has actually fought John Cena, back when Cena was jobbing. It was on a match on Velocity. Halfway decent match, take a look for yourself:

[YT]nf-kiUcAdVI[/YT]

I love watching the old Cena wrestle :)