Danielson admits he SOLD OUT

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Great One

I don't blame Daneilson one bit, he did the best thing. Someone mentioned he made more money than anyone else in ROH, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't ROH guys worried about ROH closing not to long ago? Doesn't sound like security to me.

The question above me is "If Kurt Angle could do it, why can't he?", Kurt Angle did it all because of his gimmick and in-ring skills, and mic skills. A guy Danielson's size is going to need all those things to be great. Vince needs to learn that these guys he pulls off the indies will get over if he lets them stay themselves.

A big reason CM Punk and Samoa Joe have gotten over in their companies is because they're still the same person they were in the indies. But WWE wants to 'create' stars so they strip the already semi-popular wrestler off his name and make him into someone never heard of before and hope he gets big again.

I think a big reason Danielson is going to have a hard time getting over also is because he is a 'pure wrestler' and Vince's 'pure wrestler' right now is Jack Swagger. It's obvious that they want to push Swagger again eventually so Daneilson is going to have to step it up to be noticed.

Sidenote: Mysterio is a bad example of little guys getting over in WWE. If he came in out of the indies then he would of been gone long time ago. He came in as one of WCW's top stars that wasn't originally from WWF and he was extremely popular in Mexico, and once he got here they seen he was extremely popular with the kids and his merchindice were dollar signs. If you remember they really hyped his coming to WWE.
Pretty sure a lot of ROH guys aren't even bad on the mic, including Danielson. Austin Aries for example.. Chris Hero, they're all definitely WWE standards. Of course it's much different talking in front of 500 people compared to 15,000, but still. And CM Punk is doing well because of that now. Before it was just his character and probably people knowing him from OVW/ROH. The straight edge thing was very viable, marketable, and overall had a good look to it for the business. But he was always good on the mic and etc. Those are kinda the things that you need, which I was trying to imply. There's no way in hell he's gonna be the 'main event of WM 29' just by doing some cool moves (like Evan Bourne). Swagger doesn't even need the 'pure wrestler' crap, he's like 6'5" 270. The guy is fucking huge, you don't notice it at first, but other than that he pretty much blows, imo.

Hometown Kid

I would be highly disappointed if Dragon debuted on Raw. He has a chance to succeed on SD or ECW regardless of how small he is. But it is vital for as has been mentioned earlier that WWE lets him be himself instead of messing with his non-gimmick that he has. If he wins a couple of matches at first and they do not bury him and ruin his cred like Cabana or Ryan Braddock, he'll get over.

...needless to say, if he debuts to "Final Countdown", I mark either way.