Danielson admits he SOLD OUT

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
According to PWTorch.com's Mike Roe, Bryan Danielson briefly addressed his WWE deal in a promo at last night's PWG event. Danielson said that while he would love to spend the duration of his career on the independent scene, he will have medical bills in the future and opted to make the decision that provides the best financial security.

:wassat:

Wordlife

ummmmmmmmmmmmm yeah can you say Sell Out? LOL!

Still fucking love him though, he's beast!

gashface

Reaction score
I don't really see it as selling out, WWE is the top of the business, 90% of wrestlers want to be there.

This Guy

^^no offense to ROH fans, but being a big name star in ROH is like saying well he's a big star in Triple A Baseball. If your not in the big leagues your not being paid like a big league player.

MaZZacare

Reaction score
so becasue he chose long term security hopefully that means he sold out? no that means hes doin smart buisness

noumenon

I've never heard of the fuckin guy before this so he's obviously not that huge of a star. I don't see how this is selling out...they're not musicians people. They're "athletes"...why kill yourself in a dead end promotion when you can go work for the best potentially making millions.

Soulpower

^^no offense to ROH fans, but being a big name star in ROH is like saying well he's a big star in Triple A Baseball. If your not in the big leagues your not being paid like a big league player.

He gets paid quite a bit. Probably more than someone under a developmental contract in FCW. Danielson is among the highest paid in ROH, and in any other indy he's booked in, plus the money he makes when he's booked in Japan (And he's been wrestling there quite a bit these past couple of years).

Personally, I don't mind Danielson's reasoning for signing with WWE.

noumenon

Well, I think medical bills outweigh all integrity. WWE and TNA(I think they do) are pretty much the only promotions who completely cover their stars medical expenses. You know how much the average visit the the emergency room costs?....and how often the average wrestler needs to go there..lol.

Vandy316

Reaction score
I've never heard of the fuckin guy before this so he's obviously not that huge of a star. I don't see how this is selling out...they're not musicians people. They're "athletes"...why kill yourself in a dead end promotion when you can go work for the best potentially making millions.

wow and people say i dont follow wrestling. im confused.

yeah. surely hes ROH's top star but like noumenon and others have said. its his health that is important. in this economy he needs to have a secure job with good benefits and the WWE is much more well fitted for that than ROH is.

Christian

Reaction score

basically built ROH.....

if you think thats 'selling out' you got half a brain (or a third)

phantomgerald

He's done more for ROH than ROH done for him, tbh. He's basically done all he could there anyway, which other star has he not feuded with.

kraynor3

Reaction score
Bryan is a great wrestler, and I'm glad he'll be medically taken care of, for as long as he lasts in the WWE.

Best case scenario, he lays low, and puts over the steroid monkey non-wrestlers for a couple years until he's cut.

Because he's never going to get a real chance.

He's 5-8 and weighs about 180.

McMahon will never, ever push him unless he gets on the gas and destroys his life like Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit, and I hope Dragon is smart enough not to do it.

The Rated R CMStar

The "small wrestlers don't get pushed" is bullshit. If Danielson gets over, he will get pushed for as long as he's over.

MongolPride

Reaction score
Well i don't really think he sold out because he really has nothing left to do in the indys so why not go to WWE? Its bigger i don't know about better as in the wrestling part but entertainment and spotlight yea.