Daniel Bryan Undergoes Successful Neck Surgery, News on the Procedure, No Timetable for Return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
WWE losing 300M had nothing to do with who's champion, It was about the NBC TV deal.

Giving Triple H, Orton, or Batista would be the absolute worst decisions. Orton is boring as fuck and sucks any energy out of the crowd. Batista has bad heat, not good heat, and giving Triple H another world title run just to be a transitional champion is stupid as hell. Cena winning it would just discredit this entire Wyatt feud, which has been awesome.

That leaves WWE having to take a chance on a new guy. Or Kane. Kane is a great person to be a transitional champion, and can just drop it back to Bryan in a couple months, but I think Kane is leaving soon too for his new movie.
Smileys always = joke ffs

Secondly, Batista being the champ would be fine, unlike Orton, crowds actually give a shit enough to actually boo him. Triple H is the biggest heel in the company so having as champion means the same thing. Both are perfect options. Putting the title on someone not entrenched in the mainevent would be terrible, it kills the title and makes sure it wouldn't be the last match on PPVs. Secondly, putting on some new guy has everyone comparing that new guy to Bryan and it certainly doesn't do that guy any favours.

Who said Orton? Anybody?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Why would Trips be a terrible transitional champion? It's not the time to test someone else if Bryan's just going to be back in the main event when he comes back and it'd put so much heat on Trips. The champion is not as important as people think and as long as there isn't a joke holder, then it's fine.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Putting the WWE Title on some newb like Cesaro or Bray is not the answer, people bitch about HHH, Rock, Batista, etc. anyone they can label a 'part timer' even being in the WWE Title picture, putting the belt on someone who's only been around for a year or two is much, much worse.

He has to vacate the belt though. You cant have your World Champion absent for 3 months, and no World Title feuds for that long either.

Reactions: The Cork

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Bryan hogging the main event scene, you bandwagoners will be hating on him like he's Cena circa 2010 in a few months.

As always, I hope his current injury is career ending. He's mediocre at everything apart from punching above his weight in his sex life.

Reactions: Deezy

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Bryan hogging the main event scene, you bandwagoners will be hating on him like he's Cena circa 2010 in a few months.

As always, I hope his current injury is career ending. He's mediocre at everything apart from punching above his weight in his sex life.
I hope the Ability for someone to troll well returns.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He's just turned Vince into a millionaire......from being a billionaire.

I know you can't accept your boy is a joke champ and a flash in the pan, but he's financially crippled the WWE and should be shunted into a Fandango/Santino type role, cheap pop in comedy skits and the odd decent match opening the shows.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
He's just turned Vince into a millionaire......from being a billionaire.

I know you can't accept your boy is a joke champ and a flash in the pan, but he's financially crippled the WWE and should be shunted into a Fandango/Santino type role, cheap pop in comedy skits and the odd decent match opening the shows.
Sorry!

It's easy to see what happened. The WWE's stock, between the announcement of the WWE Network and the upcoming TV deal led to speculation of the stock. Once the initial numbers came in for the Network (even though the numbers were not bad at all), then people started to get scared, and that's why the stock dropped from the $30 range to the high teens. And now with the TV deal announced, it dropped right back around where it's been for years.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Talk about shitty timing to get injured. Right after his big moment he only gets through one PPV and now will more than likely have to lose the title without actually losing it. I'm pretty sure he'll end up getting it back sometime after he returns but it really does suck that he didn't get a chance to let this run play out. As for who the next champion will be I'm not quite sure but I would be shock if a face won the title since the guy who wins it will be feuding with Bryan.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
HHH is probably the best bet, though he's tied up with Evolutions jobbing tour of 2014. Bugger it give Brock another couple million to work more often and be WHC for a bit. Everyones pretty tied up storyline wise at the moment.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Such bad timing to get an injury. It's a shame that he'll have to chase the title again after only just winning it. It's why I still want to see them keep the title on him, even if he's just going to lose it at SummerSlam. I'd rather see them try and work their way around it, than just put the title on someone else for a month or two. Either way though it's a shitty situation for them.