Daniel Bryan ready for massive push?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
The Miami crowd didn't push him his talent did, that's like saying Chicago was solely responsible for Punk's success post MITB.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
CM Drunk said:
The Miami crowd didn't push him his talent did, that's like saying Chicago was solely responsible for Punk's success post MITB.

You have to be talented to even step foot in the WWE with the exception of a few. Everyone there is talented in their own way in the WWE. The crowd gave Daniel Bryan a push, yes, they did. There wouldn't be YES chants or the YES T-Shirts if it wasn't for the Miami crowd. The talent's a different story, if Daniel Bryan didn't make the WWE any money he wouldn't be a big star. You have to make them money to become a big star, for example, John Cena.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
There wouldn't have been the hot Raw crowd without the wrestlemania squash, you're really claiming that one crowd are solely responsible? That's an idiotic claim as the Raw crowd wouldn't have been half as active without Bryan being one of the best wrestlers in the world. Bryan got himself over to be in a position to make them money, not solely the crowd at Miami, you're selling his performance short if you're saying the only reason he's getting a push is because of the Miami crowd.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Daniel has always had a portion of cheers anyway, always had a few yes chants ever since people realised its his signature. Smarks will always cheer him, always.

The squash just made the smarks louder, more insistent. Sheep fans, aka followers, realised this yes trend was happening as there's a ton of smarks in Miami doing it, so they now do it. Now it's a trend. All Daniel's success is due to his talent.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Like Crayo and Drunk said. Bryan got over on his talent. The squash is a factor but Bryans talent and charisma is the main factors. He is the internet generations Bret Hart. Getting over on skills and things that happen in the ring. Bret would still be big but not nearly as big as he is if it wasn't for the Montreal Screwjob. WM28 was Bryans Montreal.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
The squash match was the match that lit the powder keg. Bryan has all the tools, sure, but without that squash match we wouldn't be experiencing Bryan-mania like we have been.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: Daniel Bryan ready for massive push?

Crayo said:
In my opinion it simply fast-tracked the inevitable.

Bingo its the equivalent of the worked shoot and Chicago crowd IMO. People bought into the performer but the reaction isn't anything but a contributive factor.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
IMO it was far from inevitable. I know a ton of smarks were worried about Bryan dropping down and being lost in the mid card shuffle after he dropped the belt, and the squash match/outcry prevented that from potentially happening. Would it have happened? Who can say for sure? But it was certainly possible.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

Dolph'sZiggler said:
IMO it was far from inevitable. I know a ton of smarks were worried about Bryan dropping down and being lost in the mid card shuffle after he dropped the belt, and the squash match/outcry prevented that from potentially happening. Would it have happened? Who can say for sure? But it was certainly possible.

Where there the same worries about Punk post Hardy feud? Or Miz ? Or any other IWC favourite receiving his first world title ? It could possibly be a trend, I suppose.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Entertaining heels = Get over as faces. Why? Faces suck, that's why.

Orton, Sheamus, two latest examples. Both were awesome heels where they actually wanted them out there. Daniel Bryan unfortunately is incredibly entertaining to watch as a heel, so people want it, if you want something and it comes what happens? Cheering. The person you like has a catch phrase, what do you do? Chant it with him. YES is catchy, it was shoved in people's face, it was (IMO) inevitably going to happen.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
CM Drunk said:
Where there the same worries about Punk post Hardy feud? Or Miz ? Or any other IWC favourite receiving his first world title ? It could possibly be a trend, I suppose.

I was rarely watching wrestling during the time of the Punk/Hardy feud, but did he not fall down into obscurity for a while? And obviously Miz is floundering about with nothing to do at this point in time. So if people did have those concerns obviously they were proven to be legitimate ones.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

Dolph'sZiggler said:
I was rarely watching wrestling during the time of the Punk/Hardy feud, but did he not fall down into obscurity for a while? And obviously Miz is floundering about with nothing to do at this point in time. So if people did have those concerns obviously they were proven to be legitimate ones.

Punk fell terribly, one of the few reasons i have to slightly dislike Taker but blew up again didn't he? Bigger then expected as its speculated Miz would so as Crayo says it was probably sped up by the Miami crowd but caused from it? That's a differing aspect IMO.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Like I said it was the match that lit the fuse to the powder keg. One doesn't happen without the other. Without DB's abilities, obviously it doesn't happen. Without that result at Mania and the reactions the next night, Bryan isn't being pushed like he is currently. Would it have happened down the road? Who knows. I'm not saying one way or the other. It's possible it would have, it's possible it wouldn't have.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
I have email contacts with people. I don't just read dirt sheets.