Daniel Bryan main-eventing WrestleMania

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
So on WWE.COM, they already have the card up for WrestleMania, which of course features The Rock vs. John Cena but they also have Daniel Bryan vs. World Heavyweight Champion. Which I find interesting. I love it, because Daniel Bryan deserves to be the world champion, and in the Main Event at WrestleMania. I think it could set up the best feud in like, forever.

Daniel Bryan wins at WrestleMania, feel good moment for Bryan. Few weeks later, we have the draft. CM Punk is drafted to Smackdown, setting up Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk for the world heavyweight championship. Best feud in the world, anyone?

Anyways, recently WWE.COM has been putting over Bryan, and his briefcase in recent weeks. I understand them not using him a lot though, because they don't want him injured before the big show. Ken Kennedy anyone? He was supposed to cash in at the following years Mania, but got injured, and couldn't make it. Play it safe with Bryan, in my opinion.

Also, he said he won't shave until Mania. It's already huge. I don't think he'll make it. If he does it's gonna be crazier then Mike Knox.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Putting Daniel Bryan on the card already is a great move and it gives me more confidence in him winning. I have said before that WWE still have plenty of time to build him to the mainevent and I like that they are continuing the storyline that Bryan will cash it in at WM. He is back on Smackdown this week so from now on get him to play a bigger part in the show and get people behind him. His beard should be epic by the time WM comes around.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Think that's why you don't announce cashing it in until closer to the event instead of making it either some shocking victory out of nowhere. Or a squash match.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
How does Daniel Bryan DESERVE the World Heavyweight Title? Sure he might be over with marks like you Tapout, and I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but he's really done nothing amazing in the WWE apart from winning the Money In The Bank which he's still not over with. I don't care whether they're on TV once every month or all the time the Money in The Bank winner should get a a quality crowd reaction and Bryan hasn't. I seriously don't see why Daniel Bryan deserves the World Title over other guys on the roster so please explain.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
How does Daniel Bryan DESERVE the World Heavyweight Title? Sure he might be over with marks like you Tapout, and I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but he's really done nothing amazing in the WWE apart from winning the Money In The Bank which he's still not over with. I don't care whether they're on TV once every month or all the time the Money in The Bank winner should get a a quality crowd reaction and Bryan hasn't. I seriously don't see why Daniel Bryan deserves the World Title over other guys on the roster so please explain.

Tell be why Del Rio become world champion so damn fast then? He didn't deserve the Royal Rumble, or MiTB wins. Hes a joke. Bryan had an underrated feud with the Miz, a solid US title run, and had had a great match in every match hes in. I remember watching him pulling a good match out of Khali.

Point is, Bryan is an outstanding wrestler. And by the time WrestleMania comes around, Bryan will be huge.

Seak

Reaction score
He was booked with Sin Cara to help teach him a completely new style. He is booked for house shows against green newbs like Jinder Mahal because the brass recognizes that he is a great wrestler that can carry anyone to a good match. In his debut match against Jericho he blew the crowd away, even going so far as having Vince say he made himself a star in one night.
As far as your comment that a MITB holder should get a good reaction regardless of how he is used, that is possibly the most idiotic thing I've read in a long time. If a guy is misused, especially how Bryan has been used recently, he'll get a horrible crowd reaction. That's how pro wrestling works. Daniel Bryan has been buried on WWE TV, therefore the average fan thinks nothing of him, despite the fact that he is one of...if not the....best worker on the roster right now. I'm just hoping WWE is doing this to go with a slowly built heel turn leading to a title win at Mania.

So to answer your question on what he has done to deserve a title match, he has impressed brass with his workrate enough to get noticed.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Thing is Bryan has had feuds with hot heels like The Miz and Michael Cole as well as holding the US Title and even those things have failed to garner a reaction for him. I do see him going heel with what I've seen on wwe.com with him recently.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
If you've seen him in his American Dragon era, he can cut a decent promo. It's his gimmick WWE have given him that has failed to work, his work-style and such is entertaining but hey, I'd rather see Bryan job to others then build up slowly where he's actually a threat and I think come Survivor Series, he will be on one team and he will win it to look strong then he will slowly work his way up.

Bryan heel turn after he wins the belt would be amazing however.

SpectreVLV

Reaction score
I always rather have stars wait a long time before they capture a world title, but for some reason I'm okay with Bryan capturing the WHC at Wrestlemania 28. This moment might seem a bit like Rey Mysterio capturing the WHC at WM22, but I think this can work pretty well. Bryan can law low for now and keep building more and more momentum all the way to the grand stage. Him growing the beard and then shaving it off would add intensity.

Also, I don't know if this would work or not, but I'd want to see D Bryan go against a face; I don't know, I'm just a fan of split crowds.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I never want to see Bryan heel. Why take away from this great moment, by making him hated.

Have a face win for once. When was the last time they had a true great feel good moment. When a face captured his dream? On the grandest stage of them all.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Easiest way to make Bryan over enough to do this

Have Him and Guy X be the last two in the Rumble. Guy X eliminates him for the win using underhanded tactics. Guy X wins the title prior to Mania. He cashes in. Boom he's credible.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
That makes a lot of sense there Scott.

That'd work

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
It'd work but what makes it different than say half a dozen other times we've seen it.

DB has shown me some matches but not much in the WWE and I don't see him enough for him to warrant me to cheer him or jeer him. He's just a non factor until a few months before wrestlemania in my mine. I just don't see him enough.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He is a non-factor now but just wait until the WWE hype machine gets behind him and starts pushing him on both shows in the months leading up to the PPV. WWE can make anyone a maineventer and by the time WM comes around everyone will believe that Bryan not only deserves to be there but he will win it.