Dana White says UFC will no longer allow TRT, 'couldn't wait for that garbage to go away'

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Minutes after the Nevada State Athletic Commission unanimously approved a motion to ban the practice of awarding fighters a therapeutic use exemption (TUE) for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) in the state, the Ultimate Fighting Championship followed suit.

UFC president Dana White told MMAFighting.com on Thursday that the UFC will no longer allow fighters to use TRT when fighting on cards in which the UFC serves as the governing body. That typically happens when the UFC holds events overseas in countries that do not have athletic commissions in place.

"We follow Nevada," White said.

White, who had been vocal recently about the dangers of TRT, expressed extreme satisfaction that the NSAC finally banned the controversial use of TRT.

"[I'm] pumped!" White wrote via text message. "Couldn't wait for that garbage to go away."

Last year, White announced that the promotion began randomly testing TRT users on its own prior to fights to ensure that the fighters were not abusing the therapy.

It remains to be seen whether the promotion will also refuse to allow fighters from using TRT in states, provinces or countries with athletic commissions who have not banned it.

Nevada's ban on TRT is effectively immediately, disallowing any past, present or future users from applying for a TUE.

Update: The UFC issued a press release on Thursday's news:

"The Ultimate Fighting Championship fully supports the decision made today by the Nevada State Athletic Commission regarding the immediate termination of therapeutic use exemptions (TUE) for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)," White stated in the release. "We believe our athletes should compete based on their natural abilities and on an even playing field. We also intend to honor this ruling in international markets where, due to a lack of governing bodies, the UFC oversees regulatory efforts for our live events. We encourage all athletic commissions to adopt this ruling."
Gonna be interesting now then to see if any other states follow suit and ban the use of TRT. So that means no TRT use for Vitor against Weidman then, gonna be fun when he comments on the situation.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how hard Dana toes the line with his boy Sonnen.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'm done with TRT talk, I'll just say this.....No WADA testing, fuck off with your indignation over TRT Dana White, it's bullshit mugging for cameras.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I still think its completely screwed up how Dana never spoke a single negative word about it all this time until all his boys were pretty much gone and now he has to deal with Vitor knocking everyone out and since he can't control Vitor like he could the others he's all on board for the banning of TRT and is "so glad it is enforced."

Mannnnn that I'm calling bullshit on that. Dana is just full of it. I'm sure if Vitor would do whatever Dana wanted he wouldn't of said a word until after he retired or was near retirement.

Kassidy

Reaction score
from all the rumors sounds like Vitor may now be out of the UFC, he is out of the fight vs Chris though for sure

Chris Vs Machida

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well I can say I'm not happy about that. I really wanted to see how Belfort would do against Weidman. Dang.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Vitor out of the fight 24 hours after this news is announced? :banderas:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Vitor saying the UFC pulled him from the fight because apparently he wouldn't have been ready for the new TRT rules but he expects to face the winner.

Kassidy

Reaction score
yea it was either replace him or push the fight back and replace the main event, replacing him was the better move imo; I personally like Chris Vs Machida

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Should be a very interesting fight. Although I was really looking forward to Vitor vs. Weidman

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
You know I'm pretty much going the way of "fuck this company" I'm tired of their hypocrisies, I'm tired of lack of stars, I'm just all around tired of UFC.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I'm almost to that point. Just have those few interests left. Like waiting for Anthony Pettis vs. Gilbert. But for me its more... just its become oversaturated to the point that most things are just getting weak. And then I hate how they ride Rousey's tits so hard.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The lack of stars coincides with their massive over expansion, you start throwing out a million names I'm not going to remember a single one. I could probably tell you who was on the roster in 95, 00, 03 and 06, but I couldn't tell you who some of the champions are anymore.

Kassidy

Reaction score
don't mind any of it, I just like to watch mma and I find it easy to know at least the top 10 of every division.

anyone is watching bellator tonight? lol

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
UFC going the way if Boxing IMO, the peak was over in 2012, now comes the valleys.