Custom PC Builds Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
What is wrong with your current laptop btw? If you have issues securing and optimizing it, I will help you.

She fucked up formatting it. Either the battery died or she cancelled it before it finished. She gets an error everytime she starts up now, it's unbootable.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
If it's the battery being dead/locked in a loop you just have to either take it out to automatically reset or buy a new one. Happened to one of my old ones.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I am so lost looking for a laptop. :upset:

Can you just recommend specs for me to look for when shopping?
Like...
Processor:
GHz:
System Memory:
Hard Drive:
anything else important.

I don't want to get another crap laptop.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
What is wrong with your current laptop btw? If you have issues securing and optimizing it, I will help you.

I was running the recovery to set it back to factory (out of box) settings & wipe it clean. During the process, it stopped working, gave me an error message uhh... F3-F200-0002 and everytime I turn it on, thats all I get & it says shut down computer. I called Toshiba Support & they said it is a hard drive issue & has to be looked at but is was less than $300 so I don't think its worth putting money into.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
She fucked up formatting it. Either the battery died or she cancelled it before it finished. She gets an error everytime she starts up now, it's unbootable.

I didn't touch it during the process & it was plugged in. It started up, 5 minutes later I checked it & it was broke.lol

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Its a Toshiba Satellite L455D

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I already linked you to the perfect laptop for your needs. No point looking further, you won't find it cheaper.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
If it's the battery being dead/locked in a loop you just have to either take it out to automatically reset or buy a new one. Happened to one of my old ones.

The battery already had issues. If I unplugged the laptop for more than 20 minutes it would just die. It didn't hold a charge. I made sure it was plugged in before doing the system recovery.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I already linked you to the perfect laptop for your needs. No point looking further, you won't find it cheaper.

So the only two worth looking at are the ASUS & the ACER? I was trying to find one on walmart because the warranty is cheaper. lol

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The battery already had issues. If I unplugged the laptop for more than 20 minutes it would just die. It didn't hold a charge. I made sure it was plugged in before doing the system recovery.

You misunderstand. A battery can sometime be caught in a power loop. I had a laptop where the battery was stuck in one, I couldn't get passed half way through the boot up. Was solved by taking the battery out for a couple of minutes.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score

Toshiba batteries are notoriously shit. Mine would go from 100% to empy in about 15 minutes :/ - though I had had it for 5 year.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
You misunderstand. A battery can sometime be caught in a power loop. I had a laptop where the battery was stuck in one, I couldn't get passed half way through the boot up. Was solved by taking the battery out for a couple of minutes.

I tried that already & it didn't work. :upset:

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Toshiba batteries are notoriously shit. Mine would go from 100% to empy in about 15 minutes :/ - though I had had it for 5 year.

Mine was only 2 years old and was doing that.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
So the only two worth looking at are the ASUS & the ACER? I was trying to find one on walmart because the warranty is cheaper. lol

To be honest, you don't need a warranty other than the one you get with the laptop. It's highly unlikely it's going to break unless it's your fault (spill something on it, drop it. etc.) which in that case they don't replace for anyway. Warranty is just another scam.