Current favorite in the WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
He's improved. Alot. And he had good matches with Orton and a good match with Show. I don't think anyone's calling him the second coming of Vader, but he has been entertaining and the most effective heel they've had since Orton turned face.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Henry
Punk
Sheamus, fucking workhorse
Ziggler

People stlil like Ryder? Hasn't he grown tiresome by now, since he's on EVERY STINKIN' WEEK with that terrible jumping balls to your face finisher.
Balls to the face? It's a leg-drop-clothesline :/... you're hating on the wrong person for balls to the face finishers... that belongs to Rey Mysterio.

im glad people are finally believing in ziggler. the guy's been up there with punk and christian since jericho and hbk left.

top guys:
1. punk
2. christian
3. ziggler
4. danielson

overrated list:
1. ryder: what's the big deal? the guy has nothing going on. the only thing he has over santino is his size. good god at least santino's material is structurally funny on paper. am i the only one that hates his guts here? are those "smarks" cheering for him the same douchebags that cheer for the miz? what the fuck happened to wrestling fans?
2. cena: obvious reasons
3. orton: just because he's had good matches with THE BEST guys in the ring doesn't mean he's all of a sudden a god now. he still sucks.
First of all, Ziggler hasn't been up with anyone since anything in the E. He's just starting to hit his stride in the E. But I'll get more to Ziggler in a second...

Ryder's actually gotten pops outside of his hometown, and outside of the smark-central locales. Zack's in no different a position now than Miz was when he got his first break in the E, than Ziggler when he got his first big break, hell, even Cena was the biggest fucking goofball of all time. Need I remind you that The Rock had the absolute corniest character in the entire WWF when he debuted as just Rocky Maivia? Zack can go in the ring, he's comfortable with the character he has, he garnered a following no matter how he had to do it... the kid will only get better through experience. I mean, he did have a pretty solid run competing with the ECW guys there for awhile... and while Christian and Regal are capable of entertaining people no matter what, Zack DID hold his own... the problem everyone had with the E a few years ago was that none of the young guys got opportunities to prove themselves and grow through experience and all of 'em got cut and people thought it was stupid... now they get the chance and... well... nothing will ever please anyone I suppose.

Lastly, Orton overrated? Orton has had outstanding match after outstanding match dating all the way back to several Raws before Mania. So you're saying every good match Orton has had, he was carried in? Ziggler carried him? Punk carried him? Christian carried him? Henry carried him? LMFAO

No love for Barrett? Fuck you guys then. He's doing a really good job of being built and pushed back to the top.

Ziggler is definitely the most improved of the year. He has come such a long way. He has finally improved greatly on the mic, has had good character development, is one of the biggest workhorses and really one of the best guys in the ring. He always did have talent in the ring, had some incredible match with fucking Kingston but that son of a bitch held his own against CM FUCKING PUNK

I guess my fave five are:

CM Punk
Christian(bring captain charisma back plz)
Cody Rhodes(also one of the most improved guys, amazing job with his Undashing gimmick)
Dolph Ziggler
Wade Barrett(besides his push and decent job as IC champ, he has improved a bit in the ring)

I'll give Sheamus props for making it big as a face and being a great workhorse but it is another Superman created. Fucker buried Christian even further and he dropped the ball big time in their matches. Really disappointing. In regards to Henry, he has had an amazing monster push but has already lost some momentum.
Aight, here's where I carry on with Ziggler. While I said he wasn't up there with anyone since so and so left... Ziggler was never given the opportunity in the E to be anything other than "Hi, I'm Dolph Ziggler!" Anyone who checks ANY of his work prior to the E, and in developmental, can see he had great mic-work already and a solid take on his character. Zig's problem wasn't that he could work the mic, it was adjusting to working it in a strictly PG-fashion.

And I have to agree with you about Wade. People look at the Nexus shit and subconsciously judge Wade for the way it all went, rather than just seeing it for what it was... the E dropping the ball with him.

I don't see how you place blame on Sheamus for the way the E books him though. And rather than a Superman, I see him as a second-coming of a Triple H style badass (not that it's a 2nd coming, more like a 20th coming, but whatever).

Anyways, my favorites are as follows:

Orton - I don't think anyone comes close to being as good in the ring this year as Orton. I still wish he'd just be more himself on the mic, instead of Dr. Roboto... but Orton's not a guy who really needs mic-work. And this is a guy who could have very easily just gone about squashing people still, but for whatever reason, he and the E have made him look dominant and still put guys over... hopefully they see this tactic doesn't really hurt the premier guy and can start doing this shit with Cena.
Cody - Loved the Dashing gimmick, loved the Undashing gimmick, and I love where he's at right now. He's worked on the look a little more, he hit the gym, he's improving greatly in the ring, he's got the promo skill... this kid is the future.
Sheamus - I didn't like the idea of turning him face even though they needed it and it was hard with the Brogue Kick to not get positive reactions out of the crowd... he's a very edgy character tho, naturally, and it suits him because he's one of the furthest from being the hokey pokey PG guy and people take to that. He's comfortable being comedic and being the butt of Santino's jokes, he's dominant, he's got mic-work... I wasn't stretching it earlier when I said I feel he's the next generation's Triple H in terms of character and potential.
Punk - Just when we think the WWE can't possibly pander to the IWC, they go ahead and give us the "voice of the voiceless" and they let him have "free reign" and let him break kayfabe. I still think his shtick falls on deaf ears at times... he doesn't get the deafening reactions you'd hope he would, but he's been one of the most solid, consistent, and dominant workers of the year by far.
Wade - I see the potential to have a 10-month title reign a-la JBL with Wade Barrett, and you wouldn't even need the dirty finishes with him. I don't think there's one other guy in the entire business right now that when I look at him, I think he NEEDS to be THE champion... not Cena, not Punk, not Roode, not Hardy, not Orton, not even Sheamus. I get he's still a young talent, but he's got a natural charisma that just shines brighter than most others imo. They need to just unleash him.
Miz - I'm still fine with Miz. The E was wrong to just take the strap off of him and throw it right on Cena and take Miz completely out of the picture. But even with it, he still found a way to be relevant. The Awesome Truth stuff is going to get lost in history because of the way it ended and how they were fed to The Rock when Cena clearly didn't need any help at all in the first place, but Miz just works and does a great fucking job.
Henry - I said at the start of the Hall of Pain stuff that I didn't see it going anywhere because it was about the 10th time they've tried doing this with Mark... but it worked. He's been healthy, and it has paid off. This is by far the best monster role in a long while, and while he's not the most amazing in-ring talent, he does better than I'd have expected him to. He's been telling some incredible stories recently, and does great at it. BTW, he doesn't need a mouthpiece like Vicky, he's fine on the mic.
Dolph - Already expressed this... love his mic-work, love his character, love his in-ring work. He's just that damn good...

Reaction score
Lol @ the balls to face comment with Ryder's finisher. That move may very well be the worst finisher in the WWE. The zig zag and wasteland all suck too, but if John Cena can't put people out with a friggin top rope leg lariat, how the hell can Ryder do it, he's basically just jumping and falling on people. Turrible. Just turrible.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Just found out the name of Zack Ryder's finisher and just shook my head when I heard it. Worst finisher, Zig Zag is bad but not "Hey bro meet my inner thigh and my testies!" bad.

I've noticed as Wade gets better, his hair just falls out of place. Through the entire Nexus and Core run (I'll be honest I didn't watch the Core one cause it was bullshit) I never saw his hair even move until recently.

And I think the Divas division has gotten good and worse as the year went on.

nation

Reaction score
Lol @ the balls to face comment with Ryder's finisher. That move may very well be the worst finisher in the WWE. The zig zag and wasteland all suck too, but if John Cena can't put people out with a friggin top rope leg lariat, how the hell can Ryder do it, he's basically just jumping and falling on people. Turrible. Just turrible.

I can't defend Ryder at all with his finisher but I like the Zig Zag and Wasteland sorta. Ziggler makes it work somehow and makes it his own. Wade should be more consistent hitting the Wastleland hard but I don't see how you can complain. The RKO is probably the least intimidating finisher.....

...god...

Reaction score
Orton's matches are 10x better now than they ever were.. even when he first turned face they were awful. Everything else, yeah, he's still boring.

nation

Reaction score
here we go again with "given the opportunity"...if you couldn't see how good the guy has been since his debut, and you can only see it now that he got his push then you lose all of your credibility.

First of, Barrett has probably the best theme in the WWE. How is that emo music? You're Blue. I guess I agree his hair has looked weird lately but who gives a shit? You're really using his hair as a fault?

Secondly, shut the fuck up. Dolph hasn't always been this good. When he made his debut he was still green, had an annoying horrible character, he couldn't really talk without being annoying and providing comedy. He was good in the ring but no fucking way was he as experienced as he is now. Of course like mentioned most of the faults had to do with his character but that's still him, it's a part of getting over so you have to judge it. For a long time, Vickie was getting all of his heat up until he finally could talk or was allowed to talk.

...god...

Reaction score
First of, Barrett has probably the best theme in the WWE. How is that emo music? You're Blue. I guess I agree his hair has looked weird lately but who gives a shit? You're really using his hair as a fault?

Secondly, shut the fuck up. Dolph hasn't always been this good. When he made his debut he was still green, had an annoying horrible character, he couldn't really talk without being annoying and providing comedy. He was good in the ring but no fucking way was he as experienced as he is now. Of course like mentioned most of the faults had to do with his character but that's still him, it's a part of getting over so you have to judge it. For a long time, Vickie was getting all of his heat up until he finally could talk or was allowed to talk.
Pretty much all this. Barrett def has like the best theme in the WWE along with Dolph's Perefction v2 which he changed for no fuckin apparent reason, sigh.

Dolph had POTENTIAL, but you're a fucktard for thinking you had some all knowing knowledge of him everyone else didn't. Did you know him personally? Sick bro.

...god...

Reaction score
I JUST said, he was still awful after he turned face, anything with Legacy, Swagger, Barrett, all shit. He was doing even more intense superman stuff before he got drafted to SD. And he's had plenty of long matches which were dreadfully bad, you're just being stupid as fuck. Basically any match with HHH, Cena, Edge, or any TV match he's ever had it was boring with headlocks like you just said. So Shawn Michaels can have great matches, but they choose to give Orton small matches so he HAS to use headlocks in them.. ok. Rhodes, Danielson, Rey, Ziggler, Matt Hardy, Christian etc. have all had great matches over the years and they weren't a lot longer if at all than 10 minutes. His matches are different now and he gives much more effort now, it's obvious to anyone not oblivious to see.

What's this have ANYTHING to do with the WWE title, what the fuck are you rambling about? I'm not short sighted.. more like you assume too much. Difference is, you don't have any facts or evidence, your argument is just LOL I KNEW WHOLE TIME, UR DUMB!@~!. And Miz is nothing like Cena.. what? Unless you mean that he works his ass off just as hard as him nowadays for the company.

...god...

Reaction score
that wasn't a metaphor at all, btw, that was you inserting something completely irrelevant that nobody at all had mentioned and nothing concerned with Dolph Ziggler [the WWE title]. I don't know what Luke was trying to say and don't really care, if he's saying Ziggler was always this good, he's wrong. Because the fact is, Ziggler was given a small amount of opportunities on the mic where he showed he was green as fuck and just not comfortable as a heel. Could the WWE have given him more time? Sure. He always had the potential to be a good promo guy but he was never great, that's why "I'm all over his dick". BECAUSE HE WASN'T GOOD BEFORE. And even if he was good, which is probably your awful point, why is it wrong to start liking him when the WWE finally does something with him? I'm not gonna care about Christian, who's one of the most talented people on the roster, if the WWE didn't give us a reason to care about him when he returned in 09. I'm gonna like him, sure, but there's nothing to talk about, just to dream about. Ziggler started to really get good and work on his promos and get more creative when he got on Ryder's show. That work was awesome and hopefully he begins using all that shit on the show and gets more promo time NOW. He was always a pretty good wrestler, but he's stepped it up in that regard too, which could also be attributed to who he's had to work with lately (Danielson, Cena, Rey, Edge). It's the same with Ryder, no one knew how talented he was before he took it upon himself to show people with his own show, that's why I love Ryder, there needs to be more dedicated people like him that doesn't let the WWE waste them.

And I don't give nearly a shit to look up the Miz thing, it's just factual that him and Cena's characters and the way they're booked are pretty much nothing alike, rofl.

Shelton was always boring as shit, tho he coulda got over with the proper gimmick, which I think he was finding his own with the mom thing, that's what it's all about btw, finding your own thing,

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
as for ziggler, it's a fucking metaphor you dumb fuck. and it wasn't just at you it's at luke as well because according to him, if you dont get pushed hard enough for us to see how good you are then you're no good on your own(ziggler, henry, ryder and others). what kind of stupid logic is tht? and no im not being ZOMG I KNEW BEFORE U LOLOL, i dont give a shit. its just fucking disappointing to see how some of you think. im starting to believe in the idea that wwe should never listen to "internet fans".

I didn't say he's no good. I said he wasn't "up there with the Punk's and Jericho's of the world of wrestling" like you suggested. He wasn't. You CAN'T be there unless you're exposed. Not on the mic, not in the ring. You might have all the fucking potential in the world to be up there, but if you're not pushed to those limits, you're not there. Ziggler wasn't given any freedom on the mic up until about 2 months ago when they finally started having Vickie hand the microphone off to him mid-promo instead of him doing the A-Ry thing and taking it away and being corny as fuck with no reaction. I've always liked Ziggler, I've always thought he COULD be one of the top guys both in-ring and promo... but he wasn't "up there" with anyone in the WWE. Exposure is everything in the entertainment business... you have to be exposed to people before people can think that highly of you. Me saying Ziggler wasn't up there, isn't me saying Ziggler sucked, it's me saying he's not on that damn level.

It's just like Austin. Stunning Steve wasn't shit, he was a tool... a nobody. The Iceman sucked... but Stone Cold Steve Austin is the fucking man. If anyone told you today that Steve Austin wasn't up there with the best on the mic ever... you'd probably shit all over them... but the fact is, he did suck at one point. He may have always had that potential, but until he sat there after winning King of the Ring and said "Austin 3:16 said I just whooped your ass!" nobody gave a fuck about his promo.

nation

Reaction score
[£]thé dãrk knîght[£][/c=#484848]
Nathan
just looked at the raw roster 4/17/2011
5:44:43 AM
[c=1][£]thé dãrk knîght[£][/c=#484848]
Nathan
only cm punk and danielson 4/17/2011
5:44:45 AM
Nathan
and ziggler 4/17/2011
5:44:47 AM
Nathan
are wort watching

5/28/2011
2:27:17 AM
Nathan
in your opinion who are the best up and comers? 5/28/2011
2:27:20 AM
Nathan
future top talent? 5/28/2011
5:52:13 AM
Nathan
answer that question 5/28/2011
5:52:22 AM
Nathan
Punk, Rhodes and Barrett are the best 5/28/2011
7:39:32 AM
Nathan
punk and ziggler 5/28/2011
7:39:50 AM
Nathan
rofl 5/28/2011
7:39:54 AM
Nathan
Ziggler?

i even remember enzo and axis making fun of me for putting him up with christian and punk months ago.

I never said you weren't claiming his potential before now. But you act like you were on his dick since the beginning, I know you have been for awhile but I'm pretty fucking positive it was this year you jumped on his bandwagon. I definitely know you weren't hyping him up in previous years.

It doesn't even fucking matter, funny how you say we are on his dick? But you were riding his bandwagon while he had zero mic time, character and when Vickie was getting all of his heat? Rofl. Try again.

I never hated or disliked the guy either, he was pretty gay at the start but once he started getting really aggressive is when he showed he at least has a chance. If you're honestly going to defend him and say he was even good before this time, just fuck off. He was annoying as fuck and really green.

Fact is, he has improved in the ring over the years to become one of the best wrestlers now. He has improved a lot on the mic over the past 6 months, he finally showed his own character, some charisma and he got over on his own finally. Props to the guy for doing it because it's the biggest hurdle to get over in the industry but it took him a long time. Love how you didn't even address my point of him getting over and basically all of his faults he had.

I don't even know why I'm arguing with you, you're that same fuck who somehow doesn't see anything in Rhodes. You don't see improved in the ring, how he now had excellent mic skills and his fucking characters. Don't want to jump on the bandwagon? Fine but you don't know shit if you don't see anything in Rhodes or give him his due for his improvement.

antichrist713

Reaction score
Hello everyone just started, great site

Heres my 5
1-CM Punk
2-Chris Jericho
3-Cody Rhodes
4-The Miz
5-Wade Barrett

Smeghall

Reaction score
Current Favourite In WWE Has To Be CM Punk