Cuphead

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Anyone on here get it yet? I will likely be getting it in the next few days.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I got it. It is hard. Unbelievably hard. It even broke one of my controllers...

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I've heard it's pretty difficult, and I have some pretty masochistic tendencies regarding video games so I'll be sure to pick it up at some point, perhaps when it goes on a sale. Though I am pretty damn good at side scrolling shooters if I say so myself, so I'm sure I'll have a good time with it.

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
It's not so much hard, as it is a collection of boss battles. And by that I mean you're not going into any particular level expecting to beat it on the first try or two. Each one (from the few hours I played the other night with my brother) seems to have 3 parts to it. You keep getting frustrated and learn what works and what doesn't, and then you die. Then you finally get really good at the first part to the point where you could beat it with your eyes closed (most people will be playing the first parts of these battles a LOT), then you do the same with the second, and later with the third. I only played through most of the first world so far, but my biggest gripe (maybe my only gripe) comes from it not seeming to have much in the way of story. Overall a hell of a fun game though. Definitely try to play it with someone else if possible

Reactions: Black Wizard

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
That lines up a lot with what I've heard about the game, actually. I've seen quite a few people refer to the game as "Dark Souls Hard", which is a term I tend to largely dislike being an avid fan of the series, since they're inherently not all that difficult. There's a learning curve, and the game is mostly trial and error instead of just flat out artificial difficulty - it's a more natural process of learning what works, and once you've learned that, suddenly things don't seem all that difficult anymore.

I like that a lot actually, and is more motivation to not only get the game, but to stay mostly blind to it so I can learn a lot of things for myself.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I think I've heard good enough reviews to say that I should get this game. I'm just hoping they implement online co-op sooner than later.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I've heard it's pretty difficult, and I have some pretty masochistic tendencies regarding video games so I'll be sure to pick it up at some point, perhaps when it goes on a sale. Though I am pretty damn good at side scrolling shooters if I say so myself, so I'm sure I'll have a good time with it.
From what I've seen of the tutorial video, it's going for that DMC-control scheme. They want you to do more than just shoot at the boss.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
That lines up a lot with what I've heard about the game, actually. I've seen quite a few people refer to the game as "Dark Souls Hard", which is a term I tend to largely dislike being an avid fan of the series, since they're inherently not all that difficult. There's a learning curve, and the game is mostly trial and error instead of just flat out artificial difficulty - it's a more natural process of learning what works, and once you've learned that, suddenly things don't seem all that difficult anymore.

I like that a lot actually, and is more motivation to not only get the game, but to stay mostly blind to it so I can learn a lot of things for myself.

You have to essentially figure out every pattern of each boss and then work your way around beating them. You can only get hit 3 times and you die. You can get a 4th heart at the shop though. I have only played it on "easy" as well which is insane to even think about.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I think I've heard good enough reviews to say that I should get this game. I'm just hoping they implement online co-op sooner than later.
Yeah you don't want to play this one solo. It is a hard game.

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
Yeah you don't want to play this one solo. It is a hard game.
Doesn't really matter, from what it seems like, the difficulty is weighted so it's essentially the same playing alone or with someone. It can just be more fun with another person is all

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Doesn't really matter, from what it seems like, the difficulty is weighted so it's essentially the same playing alone or with someone. It can just be more fun with another person is all

Could be the case, either way... it is freaking hard. The one level (not a boss round) took me and Solidus probably 30 tries if not more to beat it.

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
Could be the case, either way... it is freaking hard. The one level (not a boss round) took me and Solidus probably 30 tries if not more to beat it.
If you two would focus on the game instead of "making up for lost time" maybe it wouldn't be so hard :p

Seriously though, it's not that it's a difficult game, it's meant to be a frustrating game purposely designed to have a learning curve for each level

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
If you two would focus on the game instead of "making up for lost time" maybe it wouldn't be so hard :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, it's not that it's a difficult game, it's meant to be a frustrating game purposely designed to have a learning curve for each level

Like I said, you have to learn each boss and each move they make in order to beat them. So yeah, it isn't just a simple point and shoot game. It is more about dodging than anything.