Cryme Tyme...EXPLODES!!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Ok, so maybe they won't headline Wrestlemania next year but Shad beating the tar out of JTG could be something for Shad. He's the bigger and more menacing of the two and could be seen as a "Vince" guy.

If he changes his attire and starts talking more, could we be seeing the first seeds to a new main eventer?

Reaction score
No Gimmick? check.
No visible character established yet? check.

He's got a long way to go.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
JTG should be pushed to the moon, end of story.

Shad showed something, and might actually have a bit of a future too, plus i'll always mark out for the STO, but he still needs to improve a bit before he can be taken seriously, but the fact that he's big means he'll (unfortunately) be the one who gets pushed further automatically. They both have charisma though, i'd take a Shad push over Ezekiel (potential tag team?) any day.

Besides that, this breakup made no sense. They should have teased dissention at least a little before, and LMAO at Shad saying "It's my time" after he was the one who got squashed in half a minute. They should have done it the other way unless hopefully JTG goes over.

noumenon

Reaction score
JTG should be pushed to the moon alright, and left there with no way to return.

Get rid of both of these guys. They were a tag team for FOUR YEARS!!! and never won the tag titles. They were completely and totally over and WWE chose to never capitalize on them. NOW we're supposed to care about them because they randomly break up after getting squashed by JoTruth? gtfo.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
^THIS

I'm interested to see how WWE wastes any chance of a JTG singles career.

soulpower

Reaction score
These are the first seeds for the following.

WWE has come to terms with the release of Shad Gaspard. WWE wishes Shad the best in his future endeavors.

WWE will give him a mild push, realize he's not that good, and he'll be gone.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
WWE clearly hasn't paid any attention to them their entire tag team run. The highest they ever got was CTC with Cena that lasted about two weeks. Now, people think just because they are splitting up means one or both guys will find success?

WWE probably just got tired of both of their lame asses and decided to do this because the tag team clearly wasn't working, not like their singles runs will work out either.

LKP

Reaction score
Shad can be a good heel big man in the mid card. Jtg can be a good high flyer with charisma. WWE did the right thing splitting these two up they did not win any gold so its bets they go their separate ways.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
WWE clearly hasn't paid any attention to them their entire tag team run. The highest they ever got was CTC with Cena that lasted about two weeks. Now, people think just because they are splitting up means one or both guys will find success?

WWE probably just got tired of both of their lame asses and decided to do this because the tag team clearly wasn't working, not like their singles runs will work out either.

In all honesty, they had a feud with JeriShow as well. I think the problem with Cryme Tyme is their segments took away their credibility that nobody thinks of them as a legit tag team. Throw in the fact that the tag champions are usually 2 high mid carders thrown together makes Cryme Tyme a far shot from getting the championship. And on SD, the Hart Dynasty have taken their place as the bona fide bigman/smallman face combo of a tag team.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
This is bull shit. I don't care how shit you all think they are, they were good. The last of the legit tag team in WWE. :smh They out popped Truth and JoMo when they came out last night. They made JTG look like a dumbass. They actually showed him just standing there while Shad toke both Truth's and JoMo's finisher.

If you're going to break them up, at least do it right. There was no tension shown between. They got The Colon's break up treatment. And we all know where that went.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
I think the problem with Cryme Tyme is their segments took away their credibility that nobody thinks of them as a legit tag team.

I forgot about Word Up. I actually thought those promos were hilarious. Slam Master J and Eve really made the segments even better. However, if you are involved in comedic segments like that and your name isn't Triple H or Shawn Michaels, that means your career is SHIT. Just ask Santino and Chris Masters.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
NOW we're supposed to care about them because they randomly break up after getting squashed by JoTruth? gtfo.

...R-Mo, imo.

I'm pretty sure any possibility of caring about Cryme Tyme was gone probably when they were on again off again feuding with Cade and Murdoch. They're irrelevant and the gimmick was played out especially when R-Truth comes in with the same gimmick but alas, he RAPS. CT got overshadowed by Truth and add that in with the complete lack of creativity in their characters, that was the demise for them.

The 'My Time' thing is actually a nice way to begin a build for Shad but I don't see it going anywhere. They'll attempt to have a feud and get people to care but it'll be a year before they're officially future endeavored.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I don't care what any of you say. I loved Cryme Tyme. They were on of the last true tag teams left in mainstream wrestling. Shit on them all you want about being nothing more then comedic relief but does everybody have to be serious all the time?

Personally I am ok with the break up, but it was so damn random. I think that if it could have built for weeks up until Shad snaps and totally owns JTG the way he did the crowd may have given a damn, the crowd was fucking silent during the wole ordeal. Striker had to play up their closeness to even make it make any kind of sense which made me laugh. Striker's "serious" voice is awesome.

Personally though I could see Shad get a push. Not necessarily a Sheamus push but he could be a legit Smackdown mid card heel. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing him get a IC title run. JTG also could have a decent run but his lack of size will be a issue. If anything I see him becoming a Superstars mainstay.