Cruiserweight Classic Tapings & Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #3 was another good and easy show to watch, liked it a lot.

- Zack Sabre Jr. vs Tyson Dux was a pretty good show opener. ***½
This match should've had much more heat, because it was pretty darn good, but I guess the crowd haven't been keeping up with EVOLVE/PWG/PROGRESS and didn't know how/when to react to Sabre cranking Dux's arm. Oh, well. All I can say is both men had a good showing, especially Sabre, so... [HASHTAG]#SignThemBoth[/HASHTAG]

- Drew Gulak vs Harv Sihra was solid for the time given. **½
LOL, WTF was Gulak wearing?! Other than that, he looked good here, but Sihra hung perfectly well, too. Solid stuff and I dug the finish. That Dragon Sleeper looked painful.

- Tony Nese vs Anthony Bennett was solid. **½
The match felt rough and disjointed at times due to Jayden Smith Bennett, but Nese looked good here and he advanced, which was the right call.

- The Brian Kendrick vs Raul Mendoza was a pretty good ME. ***½
LOL, Kendrick looks like a stoner. He was good here and Mendoza impressed me. Good match with an experienced vet using rather heel tactics to win.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #4 was good. The time just flew by.

- Rich Swann vs Jason Lee was a solid show opener. **½
This felt like a Swann showcase, Jason Lee had some KUNG FU implemented in his wrestling style, which I dug. All in all, solid stuff. Swann won with a standing 450 Splash. Also, his theme song is dank.

- Noam Dar vs Gurv Sihra was decent. **
The match was alright, but nothing to write home about. The right man won, I guess.

- Jack Gallagher vs Fabian Aichner was great. ****
Holy shit, I loved this match. It was like 7 minutes long, but it was uber-enjoyable. Gallagher is awesome and Aichner showed he's really talented (that Springboard Moonsault was beautiful). It was a great clash of styles and Gallagher won with the dopest corner dropkick ever! SIGN 'EM BOTH, DAMMIT!
Also, DB: "Jack Gallagher might be the greatest ever. Is it possible to fall in love with a man simply through watching him on TV?" :bitw:

- Johnny Gargano vs Tommaso Ciampa was a fantastic ME and MOTN. ****½
Best match of the tourney so far and one of the best WWE matches in 2016 so far. And it was only 11 minutes long. I loved it. Wonderful story, wonderful selling, wonderful work by DB and Mauro on commentary. All in all, swell stuff.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Gargano/Ciampa was one of the greatest things my eyes has ever watched. Fucking. Loved it. Every second.

This CWC overall is amazing. Mad props to WWE for givin all this great content recently.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Gargano/Ciampa was one of the greatest things my eyes has ever watched. Fucking. Loved it. Every second.

This CWC overall is amazing. Mad props to WWE for givin all this great content recently.

Agreed!
tumblr_obefi7qcq81u8wra2o1_500.jpg

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
That is amazing. That moment left me so happy, that match was literal perfection in my eyes.

Yeah. That had to be one of the best 11 minute matches I've ever watched. Fantastic stuff.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Ali v Dorado is still probably my favorite first round match, but Ciampa/Gargano was definitely worthy of the final spot.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Ali v Dorado is still probably my favorite first round match, but Ciampa/Gargano was definitely worthy of the final spot.

Yeah, Dorado vs Ali was super fun. But for me, Gargano vs Ciampa is definitely best match of the tournament so far.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
ZSJ vs Ibushi is going to be an awesome final match, btw.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The beginning of Round 2 and the 5th episode overall was great! I loved it.

- Gran Metalik vs Tajiri was so good and so crisp, it was joyful to watch. ***½

- Kota Ibushi vs Cedric Alexander was fantastic, loved it! ****½

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #6 was very good and enjoyable.

- Akira Tozawa vs Jack Gallagher was a great opener, loved it. ****
[HASHTAG]#PleaseSignThemBoth[/HASHTAG]

- Noam Dar vs HoHo Lun was decent. **
Dar looked good and won, as he should.

- The Brian Kendrick vs Tony Nese was a very good ME. ***¾
Good effort from both performers, they delivered a fun match.

CWC keeps delivering. I love it! It's always a fun hour of TV. Looking forward to next week!

Reactions: DK JAMES