Cruiserweight Classic Tapings & Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
- Akira Tozawa vs Jack Gallagher was a great opener, loved it. ****
[HASHTAG]#PleaseSignThemBoth[/HASHTAG]
[HASHTAG]#PleaseSignThemBoth[/HASHTAG] is right. Jack Gallagher is the man, knew nothing about him until this tournament but throughout this match I realized he was one of my favorites. Was hopin he woulda won but I like Tozawa too do I wasn't too salty. Would love to see Gallagher in NXT though, no doubt.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
[HASHTAG]#PleaseSignThemBoth[/HASHTAG] is right. Jack Gallagher is the man, knew nothing about him until this tournament but throughout this match I realized he was one of my favorites. Was hopin he woulda won but I like Tozawa too do I wasn't too salty. Would love to see Gallagher in NXT though, no doubt.

I love Tozawa, but I was rooting for Gallagher in that match. He is so damn good and entertaining.

Aye. I'd love it if both Gallagher and Tozawa got NXT contracts. They deserve it.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The end of Round 2 and the overall 7th episode was very good and enjoyable. CWC keeps delivering!

- Rich Swann vs Lince Dorado was a pretty good and fun show opener. ***½

- Zack Sabre Jr. vs Drew Gulak was great. ****
Grapplefuck doesn't have to be slow and boring. These guys showed it right here.

- TJ Perkins vs Johnny Gargano was a very good ME. ***¾

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Lol at everyone saying Gargano was gonna be the obvious winner of the tournament. After the match with Ciampa, I was kinda thinking the same, but my boy TJP even shocked the hell outta me and beat Gargano. Every main event of this CWC has been outstanding stuff. Hyped for round 3. TJP beating Gargano has gotta be the biggest upset of the tourney though, great stuff overall though.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Lol at everyone saying Gargano was gonna be the obvious winner of the tournament. After the match with Ciampa, I was kinda thinking the same, but my boy TJP even shocked the hell outta me and beat Gargano. Every main event of this CWC has been outstanding stuff. Hyped for round 3. TJP beating Gargano has gotta be the biggest upset of the tourney though, great stuff overall though.

Gargano was never going to win the tourney. I, for one, never thought he would.

When rumors about CWC started floating around, most of us thought La Sombra/Andrade "Cien" Almas was going to be introduced that way and he'd win the whole thing.

And then the list of participants was announced and we all knew the winner was going to be a freelancer.

Here are my top 3 picks to win:
1. Zack Sabre Jr.
2. Kota Ibushi
3. Gran Metalik

I have ZSJ vs Ibushi in the finals, with ZSJ winning. I'd love it if Ibushi and Metalik won it, too! But, my gut tells me it's going to be ZSJ and I'm a-okay with that.

Reactions: DK JAMES

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Aaand, advancing to the semi-finals of WWE CWC are:

Zack Sabre Jr, Gran Metalik, TJ Perkins and Kota Ibushi.

Here are the results from Round 3 of CWC tapings:
* Zack Sabre, Jr. def. Noam Dar
- This match was said to start off with slow-paced grappling, but having the crowd going crazy toward the end of the match with a variety of submissions. ZSJ took the win via an arm bar with added punches.

* Gran Metalik def. Akira Tozawa
- Lots of stiff chops and aerial assaults from both men to get the crowd going early. They both traded signature maneuvers for near falls for a big crowd reaction. Gran Metalik got the pin off a Falcon Arrow.

*T.J. Perkins def. Rich Swann
- Great back and forth match that built slowly into a crescendo. Perkins picked up the win with his leg submission.

* Kota Ibushi def. Brian Kendrick
- Kendrick used a neck breaker to Ibushi on an exposed metal rod between the ropes. This led to Ibushi being counted out. William Regal came out and said with an illegal move being used for the win, the match must be restarted. The crowd was hot coming out of the restart as there were a fury of near falls. Ibushi got the win with his Golden Star Power Bomb. There were chants of "Thank You Kendrick" and "Please Sign Kendrick" after the match. Daniel Bryan came to the ring and hugged Kendrick after the match.

Source: WrestlingInc

Even though the results are pretty predictable, but still, the quarter-finals are going to be insane. I'm really looking forward to it.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The beginning of Round 3 and overall 8th episode was amazing. Loved it!

- Gran Metalik vs Akira Tozawa was great. ****¼

- Kota Ibushi vs The Brian Kendrick was a fantastic ME. ****½

C-DUB-C! C-DUB-C! C-DUB-C!:yay:

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Tozawa is the fuckin mannn was sad to see him lose but I like Metalik so no biggie. Incredible match. Dont know how you can watch that match and not be a fan.,

Kendrick vs Ibushi was even better than i thought itd be. Sooo good. Kendrick was so fuckin vicious the whole match. I know Ibushi is the favorite, but was really shocked to see Brian lose. The moment with Kendrick and Daniel Bryan was incredibly touching, and the interview that happened after the show with Kendrick was more of the same. Such a good episode, CWC continues to amaze.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
@Stopspot

I haven't watched this yet, but assuming you're following it, what are your thoughts on it and is it worth watching?
It is the best thing WWE is putting out right now. It's a really smartly put together show with a clear concept that works. They present wrestling as a sport, but the stories woven into it are so good. There are one or two dud matches. But majority of it is good TV that flies by. The episodes are 45 minutes so you don't have to schedule 3 hours for it like RAW

Do yourself a favor and watch it. There's closing in on the finals.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
I would be inclined to agree. Definitely the main thing I have looked forward to by WWE weekly, granted I don't watch Raw/SD. If anything, it serves as a prelude to the cruiserweight division. So you can familiarize with some of the people going to be on Raw.

SmackChat-Luke

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.SmackChat.org
Well I had no intentions of watching this, but I watched NXT and it happened to be on the network as I was typing up my review. Dayum, it really is everything people have been saying about it - I really enjoyed the whole 45 minutes and the match between Ibushi and Kendrick was amazing. Consider me hyped for the final few episodes, especially Noam Dar's match.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Next week is going to be great. TJP vs Swann and ZSJ vs Dar. :yay:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #9 was very good, I enjoyed it! CWC keeps delivering.

- Zack Sabre Jr. vs Noam Dar was very good. ***¾
This was easily Dar's best performance in the CWC so far and the finish was lovely.

- DB and Mauro were awesome on commentary, as always.

- TJ Perkins vs Rich Swann was great, loved it. ****

I am really looking forward to next week's grand finale. It'll be a live 2 hour special. :yay: