Crossface

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
If you are saying that his WWE kayfabed bestest buddies were Eddie, Jericho and Dean, than you leave out his neighbors Penzer and Regal, his riding partners Chavo and Tomko and one of his closest friends Johnny Grunge.

I still don't think a movie is going to do better than those bullshit E! True Hollywood, CNN specials and whatever the fuck that E60 piece was, If anyone wants to know the sordid details, they can easily just look it up online. I don't see an audience for this.

Just seems like capitalizing on tragedy, like that World Trade movie or that Flight 57(I think?). I don't see what would be an attraction to this other than there being people actually wanting to see someone use a crossface on a kid tbh.

Just saying most of his known friends were on the smaller side. Listed some of his known friends even most of who you listed aren't large.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Just saying most of his known friends were on the smaller side. Listed some of his known friends even most of who you listed aren't large.

Fair enough, but Eddie was not small, sure he was short but he was built like a brick shit house. It would be like saying Big E Langston was small because of his height.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Fair enough, but Eddie was not small, sure he was short but he was built like a brick shit house. It would be like saying Big E Langston was small because of his height.

Eddie and Big E aren't the same size. Dean isn't small either but looking at them compared to HHH, Rock or Brock.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Personally I just don't see this really coming to fruition, not any time soon at least but I would check this out. Don't really have high hopes as this can't be done very well due to all the copyright stuff surrounding just about everything involving Benoit and the actors of most guys and what not. It just won't work well. Don't see it having a high budget either. Liev Schreiber would of been a great fit for Benoit and I'm a huge fan of him atm watching his new show on Showtime "Ray Donovan" - brilliant actor, but turns out his rep shot down the rumors/role.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Personally I just don't see this really coming to fruition, not any time soon at least but I would check this out. Don't really have high hopes as this can't be done very well due to all the copyright stuff surrounding just about everything involving Benoit and the actors of most guys and what not. It just won't work well. Don't see it having a high budget either. Liev Schreiber would of been a great fit for Benoit and I'm a huge fan of him atm watching his new show on Showtime "Ray Donovan" - brilliant actor, but turns out his rep shot down the rumors/role.

Not sure why you'd doubt it being made. Hollywood has done far worse. Also the book on which the movie was released was pretty successful from what I hear Ring of Hell: The Story of Chris Benoit and the Fall of the Pro Wrestling Industry

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I can't see this being made by a major studio it simply doesn't have wide appeal. It will have a small market of hardcore wrestling fans and those crazy people that still try to defend Benoit and talk about his wrestling which should be completely overshadowed by what he did at the end. They aren't going to get a big name actor to star in this, it will be some small indy film financed on less than $1 million and it will bomb. You can't build him up to be a sympathetic character when the final part of the movie involves him murdering his wife and disabled child. The only way he could be portrayed is as a dastardly villian, hardcore drug abuser, frequent domestic abuser but then you have no fairytale ending and it is just a sad depressing movie and they don't draw.

Should be left on the scrapheap, there is no point trying to create this movie.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
The Karla Homolka movie Deadly did fairly well, and had Laura Prepon of That 70's Show fame. Also movies like Ed Gien, Starkweather, Bundy, Dahmer etc. are made almost annually, and they fit a niche market well. Adding in the interest from the wrestling fans, just hits a wider market.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I can't see this being made by a major studio it simply doesn't have wide appeal. It will have a small market of hardcore wrestling fans and those crazy people that still try to defend Benoit and talk about his wrestling which should be completely overshadowed by what he did at the end. They aren't going to get a big name actor to star in this, it will be some small indy film financed on less than $1 million and it will bomb. You can't build him up to be a sympathetic character when the final part of the movie involves him murdering his wife and disabled child. The only way he could be portrayed is as a dastardly villian, hardcore drug abuser, frequent domestic abuser but then you have no fairytale ending and it is just a sad depressing movie and they don't draw.

Should be left on the scrapheap, there is no point trying to create this movie.

I could see two or three indy labels under the flagship of lionsgate.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I could see two or three indy labels under the flagship of lionsgate.

If Lionsgate get a hold of it they will find a way to make it a hit, everything they touch seems to turn into gold.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The Karla Homolka movie Deadly did fairly well, and had Laura Prepon of That 70's Show fame. Also movies like Ed Gien, Starkweather, Bundy, Dahmer etc. are made almost annually, and they fit a niche market well. Adding in the interest from the wrestling fans, just hits a wider market.
Deadly did well for an indy movie with nlimited dates, It didnt matter in the long run a movie about murderers doesn't have an audience or the aadience it gets should be supervised imo.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Deadly did well for an indy movie with nlimited dates, It didnt matter in the long run a movie about murderers doesn't have an audience or the aadience it gets should be supervised imo.

I find those types of movies fascinating if they have the detective type element to them. Zodiac jumps to mind. This one is going to be claiming to be a true story when it's just not possible to know that.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score

Guess I should be monitored because I have watched every single one of those movies I could find. Anyone who has ever watched Natural Born Killers should be too, its all based off Charles Starkweather, or Psycho & Texas Chainsaw Massacre, both were based off of Ed Gein. There is also those shows on the Investigation Discovery channel, should everyone who watches that channel be supervised?

[MENTION=204].Bash.[/MENTION] Almost all of those movies claim "based on actual events", which is true because in this case it is based on the Benoit murders, but the stories are often changed to give more of an impact to the audience.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
[MENTION=204].Bash.[/MENTION] Almost all of those movies claim "based on actual events", which is true because in this case it is based on the Benoit murders, but the stories are often changed to give more of an impact to the audience.

Yes but most of those films are of widely enough known event as this one. Or their usually over 30 years old. This one people will take at face value.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I still don't know what the subject matter for a movie like this would be, is it going to be about him getting sketchy the last year and portrya him in a sensitive light? Is he slowly going to start going mad like Amityville.