Cricket 2013

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
This test is shocking...

Rather watch Bangladesh play.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Sehwag was incredible the other night but that pitch was flatter than the road outside the stadium. I still think that Watson's 185* from 96 balls with 24 overs left is still by far the best ODI innings ever.

Great game so far in the test. New Zealand bowled well and Australia helped with some shocking dismissals to get bowled out for 136. Thankfully Siddle and Pattinson can bat and got us close to the total. Clarke and Haddin's dismissals were frustrating to watch.

New Zealand started well and were 36/0 but Pattinson just got McCullum and then Siddle got Guptill out the next over. 36/2 now.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
New Zealand showed some fight yesterday but this morning it was all Australia as NZ lost their last 7 wickets for 87 runs. Pattinson, Siddle and Lyon all took three wickets. Lyon wasn't used early but Clarke finally decided to bowl him and Lyon responded by taking 3 wickets in 4.3 overs, Clarke really should use him more.

In reply Australia are 72/0 at Stumps and are still 169 runs behind. Warner looked great today on 47* and he looks comfortable in his role so far. Hughes should have been out for a duck, there was an appeal for a caught behind but the umpire gave it not out and for some reason NZ didn't refer it. Hopefully the rain stays away so the game can finish tomorrow.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
The rain has been shithouse lately.

Glad Hughes & Warner have stepped up after shocking first inning and the first test.

Hopefully they can add another 50-60 on the partnership here.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't think that Warner has been that bad it is just Hughes that is frustrating because he gets out the same way each innings. Hopefully that can bat out the first half hour tomorrow because that will be the most difficult session. The pitch has flattened out so this is Australia's test to lose.

Reaction score
Well done to New Zealand. They set some great field placings, and Bracewell bowled to the field and got his just rewards.

I was pleased to see WARNER rack up a ton, but I'm deeply annoyed at the other members of our top order.

Phil Hughes must certainly be dropped. Go back to shield cricket and work on your flaws you fuckign embarrassment. I love the guy, but Ponting needs to shelve the gloves soon, it's painful to watch a great go down like this. Haddin can fuck off from the side as well. Hussey can stay, for now, as noone else could take over for us as 6 as well as he does.

Clarke is a joke of a captain and really needs to pull the carrot out his arse and start acting like a cricketer.

My ideal side for us to play India on Boxing Day is:

Watson (vc)
Warner
Marsh
Khawaja
Hussey
Clarke (c)
Wade
Siddle
Pattinson
Harris
Lyon

That would be one epic lineup.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that was the most embarrassing loss I have ever seen by Australia, right up there with losing the Ashes on home soil. Another batting collapse shows that our batting line-up is far from settled.

Hughes has to go, let him play shield cricket for a couple of years and work on his technique and score a lot of runs. He should look at the careers of guys like Hayden and Martyn who got into the team when they were young, were dropped, but came back years later and had brilliant careers.

It seems like Marsh won't be fit for Boxing day but Watson will be back for Hughes. Not sure what happens with the rest of the batting order since most are out of form. Khawaja would be the next in line to be dropped simply because Ponting and Hussey have more credits in the bank. But who could come in to replace him other than Christian or Cowan?

Warner was excellent in that test and batted beautifully for his hundred. The only thing I couldn't understand was why he would take a single on the first ball of the over when he was batting with Lyon. It is good to have confidence in the number 11 but he needed to face the majority of the deliveries. Still it was the fault of the middle order and not his fault at all, he showed that he deserves a chance at test level.

My XI for the Boxing day test would be:

Watson
Warner
Cowan
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin
Siddle
Pattinson
Harris
Lyon

Harris would only be in if he can pass the fitness tests. I think that Cowan deserves a chance after scoring so many runs the past few seasons and the only spot open would be number 3. I don't expect them to drop Khawaja but I think that would be the only other change if they wanted to alter the batting line-up.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I'd bring Finch in...

Test him, the time's now.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Can't tell that you are a Bushranger supporter Andrew :p

Finch has been out of form this year, only averaging 21 in Shield cricket and 29 in one day cricket for Victoria so he won't get the test spot.

I think that the only batsman outside of Marsh, Watson and Christian that would come into the team would be Cowan because he has been in great form not just this year but the last few seasons for Tasmania.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Finch has only played two Sheffield games due to injury...

I don't even follow Bushrangers, I barely follow cricket tbh... Only watch Australia play

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Ended up with 4 games so far but he just hasn't hit it off this season. I still think that he is in the T20 team but it will take some time before he is in the test team. He needs to do what Warner did and just score a heap of runs at First Class level to basically force the selectors to pick him.

ants

Reaction score
Well done to New Zealand. They set some great field placings, and Bracewell bowled to the field and got his just rewards.

I was pleased to see WARNER rack up a ton, but I'm deeply annoyed at the other members of our top order.

Phil Hughes must certainly be dropped. Go back to shield cricket and work on your flaws you fuckign embarrassment. I love the guy, but Ponting needs to shelve the gloves soon, it's painful to watch a great go down like this. Haddin can fuck off from the side as well. Hussey can stay, for now, as noone else could take over for us as 6 as well as he does.

Clarke is a joke of a captain and really needs to pull the carrot out his arse and start acting like a cricketer.

My ideal side for us to play India on Boxing Day is:

Watson (vc)
Warner
Marsh
Khawaja
Hussey
Clarke (c)
Wade
Siddle
Pattinson
Harris
Lyon

That would be one epic lineup.

What a load of crap. Since he has been captain there has been three test series, and we haven't lost one yet. His batting has improved beyond any doubt, 3 of the countries last 4 centuries have been scored by him. The bowling and fielding has been brilliant in pretty much every test, which is in some part due to great captaincy with rotations and field placings etc. No other captain would have given Lyon the fields and opportunities that Clarke has, and Lyon has thrived under his captaincy. Since the Ashes, when Clarke took over, it has only been the batting that has struggled, and the man is only in charge of his own fate in that regard, and as mentioned above, he has done well. Averaging over 50 i might add.

Speaking of the bowling being successful, did I mention that in that time, we have unearthered 4 debutant bowlers (Copeland, Starc, Pattinson, Cummin, Lyon). With only one or two experienced bowlers to work with, and bowling sides like South Africa out cheaply consistently, the captain is obviously doing something well and truly right.

Im more than happy to listen to opinions if you can back it up with something meaningful. The fact remains that the comment above is a load of crap, and if it wasn't for Clarke's batting we probably wouldn't have won a test since losing the Ashes let alone, not lose a series.

Off that, your side seems pretty spot on, based on what it has to: form.

1. Warner - 123 carried his bat in the last innings of the test where noone else looked like scoring runs all test.
2. Watson - two time Allan Border Medalist at the top of the order, thats where he has to stay. No matter how much he bowls.
3. Marsh - if fit, he was killing it in Sri Lanka and looked good when not many others did in the first test in South Africa.
4. Ponting - despite no tons, if you take out this test where only one man batted well, he is coming off a few good 50s. Stay.
5. Clarke (C) - made the most runs this calendar year to date, 3 of the last 4 centuries. A braindead monkey knows he is killing it.
6. Khawaja - ease him into it. Ponting batted at 6 for three or four years when he first started and worked his way up. He is our future.
7. Wade - Paine out for another 4 months means its the Victorians time to shine. Weight of runs and good keeping mean he takes Haddins spot.
8. Siddle - speaks for itself, really bowling well and leading the attack.
9. Pattinson - 14 wickets in your first two tests. Two five wicket hauls. Raw, exciting and everything I love about a bowler.
10. Harris - if fit, has been successful in almost every test he has played in. Hopefully the body holds up.
11. Lyon - What a find! Bowling well, India is the big test, as the best spin playing nation in the world. Good luck Gaz!

* Watson not fit, pick Cowan
** Marsh not fit, pick Khawaja at 3 and keep Hussey at 6.
*** Harris not fit, Starc stays..just

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Clarke has been like every other batter in the team since becoming captain, inconsistent. He has averaged 41.85 with three centuries in eight tests as captain. His run since becoming the full time captain is: 23, 60, 13, 6, 112, 151, 2, 11, 2, 139, 22, 0. Looking at that it is either everything or nothing for Clarke as captain, he has the North curse where it is either a big score or a nothing score. Hopefully he can start turning those small scores into at least thirties or forties to help stop the collapses that we keep suffering again and again. Hopefully against India he, as well as the rest of the batsmen, can become more consistent and if one or two fail then the rest of them take up the slack.

Be really interesting to see what happens in the next 12 months with regards to the keeping situation. With Paine out for even longer Wade is definitely the next in line but will the selectors make the tough call to remove Haddin or will they stick with him after he had a good run with the gloves against NZ.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
South Africa seem to have found their next bowling star as Vernon Philander continues his great form against Sri Lanka in the test series. In 3 tests he has taken a five wicket haul each test and so far has 22 wickets at a strike rate of a wicket every four overs! Incredible start to his career so far and South Africa will be very happy to find quality support for Steyn and Morkel.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Make that four five fors in 3 tests and one ten for. He took two more wickets in SA's demolition of Sri Lanka to take his tally to 24 wickets from 3 tests.