Could Sin Cara be a GOOD champion?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Could Sin Cara be a successful champion? (Singles Champion)

• He would be an amazing champion.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh, an average champion. Not bad, not too good.

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • GOD NO. He'd be horrendus.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Doubtful, he'd be a bad one.. but it might work, but I doubt it.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Maybe on Smackdown, where they hand out titles to any old jobber.

Huni-cara probably would of made a good, legit champ but the original Sin Cara is shit and has shown nothing worth a main event run.......wrestlers with his style generally don't though.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Depends what title you are talking about. I think that he would be a good choice for IC or US champion but at the moment it is a bit of a stretch to think of him with either the World or WWE titles. The biggest issue is he doesn't talk, he can't speak English fluenty so that is a massive cross against him. How can he promote the company as the head of either brand when he can't give interviews? As IC or US champion, cutting no promos wouldn't be that big of a drawback, he is easily over enough to take either title and he is a good enough wrestler to be believable as champion.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Sin Cara will never be a successful major champion unless he adds something else. He's highly entertaining and if only he'd stop botching he'd be one of the very best on the roster. But there's no real interaction between him in the audience from which we can draw a connection to him. Perhaps if he had a mouthpiece, but that doesn't happen with babyfaces much.

I don't see any reason why he can't hold a mid-card title, though.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree that his best chance to hold the major title would be if he had a mouthpiece. Not sure how they could make it work with the gimmick that he has but who knows maybe in a few years he will become fluent in English and will be able to cut promos. Without it the best he could do is a short transitional reign as world champion. Still that is a long time away because he first needs to stay healthy for a long period and get back up to that level.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
He'd be a perfect US Champion over on RAW at the minute, but not the IC Title or anything above. The US Title doesn't seem to get any real build, storyline or promos at the minute which is perfect for Cara at the minute as he's just about the wrestling and entertaining.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Maybe if WWE brought back the cruiserweight championship, but other than that, no. But I would say the same thing about any masked midget including Rey Mysterio. In WWE's ranks, they never make for convincing champions.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
I think Sin Cara could make a good World Champion. The problem is he doesn't cut promos. What I would do is have the match we all wanna see (Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio) at WM 29 and have Mysterio "pass the torch" so to speak to Sin Cara. Then, I would let Rey be Sin Cara's manager and cut promos for him. Rey isn't a bad talker. He's not the greatest but he's not awful. I think as Sin Cara's mouthpiece would make sense and he could do wonders in elevating him into the main event successfully.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I couldn't disagree with anything more than what you just said Hoov. Sin Cara for one hasn't earned a passing the torch match with Rey Mysterio at Mania. Better opponents for Rey if can be healthy around Mania time which is always in jeopardy. Maybe, if Cara doesn't fuck up this current run I'll give him a slide but what a waste of angle it would be if Cara does nothing for months and Rey is just floundering in the upper midcard. It would be thrown together at best besides being an Indy dream as you seem to put it.

Also, Rey Mysterio is one of the worst mic workers in the company. Just because he can get his point across doesn't make him manager material. He's one of the dullest guys I've ever heard on the mic. I don't know maybe I should look more into how the crowd reacts to his words instead of actually looking at it for what it is.

Last edited:

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
Do you hear the pops Sin Cara gets on TV? Those aren't piped in. The people like Sin Cara. He's just a cool character and has a unique style. His match with Heath Slater on SD was really good and if he continues to rise up the card with good match after good match from now until WM, I can definitely see WWE booking Cara/Rey and with Rey not being on the best of terms, they would have Rey put him over. Sin Cara is a great wrestler. It's just taken him a while to adapt to the WWE style but I think he's spent the past few months working on his craft so I see big things for him. Besides, he's Triple H's project. He won't allow it to fail.

As far as Rey's mic work, I disagree. I've heard much, much worse in the WWE. Rey being his manager would make a lot of sense given the lucha libre history. It would also help keep the mystery of Sin Cara alive since he wouldn't be doing the talking. I respect your opinion but I vastly disagree with you.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Rey Mysterio is TERRIBLE on the mic :lmao

He's one of the very worse mic-workers to hold a world championship of the whole past decade.

The one and only thing that makes Sin Cara "stand out" is the fact he wears luchador gear which seems to be easy for WWE to market in the merchandise department. And that for some reason, WWE likes dimming the lights during his matches... whatever that's supposed to mean. It attracts kids, that's it. If WWE actually had more than a grand total of TWO luchadors on the roster, Sin Cara wouldn't be near as special as everyone makes him out to be now. I think he was awesome as Mistico before coming to WWE, but he's not going to do that stuff often in WWE, much like Daniel Bryan doesn't do what he did in ROH much now either.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
It's the WWE style. For whatever reason, they get watered down on the big stage. Sin Cara is an entertaining character and great wrestler. He has a unique style for WWE. I agree the dimming of the lights is dumb but that'll fade over time.

As far as Rey goes, He's not the worst mic man. Is he The Rock or Stone Cold? No but he's good enough to get the point across and he can get Sin Cara's point across. Plus, people will always love Rey Mysterio and anybody associated with him will be instantly loved. Sin Cara could be a World Champion. If the freakin' Great Khali can be World Champion when he wasn't over AT ALL then Sin Cara has a decent enough shot.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Rey just annoys the piss out of me because he's about as intimidating on the mic as a chimpanzee. That's really not the biggest reason I dislike people like he and Sin Cara as champions against people twice their size... it's mainly because of just that, most of the people they feud with are twice their size and the chemistry is just not there a lot of the time. Every once and a while they get in feuds with the likes of Jericho and Ziggler who are closer to their bill and both wrestlers can open up their arsenals, but when you bring in people like Orton, Kane, and Big Show, those matches are rarely decent.

I really don't think anyone who is poor on the mic should be a world champion though, that's just simply a deal breaker for me. People in that position get a ton of face time on Raw/Smackdown and it just becomes too hard to sit through.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
If worked on/with properly, he could be a decent champion, but for the time being, he should just stick to what he's doing.