Cosmic Wasteland

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I enjoy Stardust's character and I thought the addition of the Ascension was cool. Maybe they'll actually get some meaningful appearances now - wins or loses. I'm kind of tired of the "hissing like a cat" Stardust does. That's my one complaint.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I'm apparently alone in this, but I'm highly entertained by the Stardust character. The addition of the Ascension may mean something and it may comes to nothing (basing anything on the results of a Superstars match is...well....silly).

I worried (and still worry, to be fair) that Cody Rhodes as Stardust will win just as many and just as important titles as Cody Rhodes as....Cody Rhodes. But, in all fairness, Cody Rhodes doesn't get a semi-important match at Summerslam with Stephen Amell and Cody Rhodes doesn't get back-up from anybody, much less a more serious (at least I hope they're more serious) Ascension. Stardust gets these things because the character is a comic book villain, which gets more of a reaction than any other character Cody Rhodes has played in recent memory.

Look, Cody likes weird characters (anybody remember "Dashing" Cody Rhodes or "Thinks He's Hideous" Cody Rhodes?). Stardust is as far as he's taken this, but at least he's entertaining.

And I also figure I'm just not getting that he's exactly like Goldust. Similar? Okay. Identical? No.

wk
Literally three posts above yours I stated how much I love it.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I enjoy Stardust's character and I thought the addition of the Ascension was cool. Maybe they'll actually get some meaningful appearances now - wins or loses. I'm kind of tired of the "hissing like a cat" Stardust does. That's my one complaint.
I love all the random weirdness honestly. He is more Joker (cartoon version) than a Golddust (not that you claimed that) and I like that. He is chaos in the WWE, and eventually if built right could play out greatly. I still want Golddust vs Stardust, but I want no face, and no heel. Anti-hero and villain, you decide which is which.

Reactions: Trip in the Head

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Cosmic Jobbers. Nothing special will come of these.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Stardust has potential, much like other superstars do.... But, he will continue to job until the cosmos align.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
And normal, bland Cody Rhodes is any better how?
Cody Rhodes tells fantastic stories while wrestling as Cody Rhodes. He put on great matches routinely as 'Dashing', 'Un-Dashing' and 'Un-sure what his gimmick is' Rhodes. He doesn't need a lame rip-off gimmick to make him interesting.

Dashing Cody Rhodes, wasn't a character like Stardust, and he put on great matches with Rey Mysterio, Jack Swagger and Kofi Kingston during his time as Dashing Cody Rhodes in 2010. He was a midcard staple for SmackDown. Counted on to put on great matches.

Un-Dashing Cody Rhodes, once again wasn't like Stardust, and this put Rhodes in Apex mode. Some of the great matches and rivalries of his career are from this era. He single handedly made Ted Dibiase a viable face, and got him a following. Was probably the only one who put on a good feud with Big Zeke, and did great stuff with Intercontinental Championship. He was one of the few people since 2005 to do something great with it.

Cody Rhodes doesn't need to be Stardust, something toned down would do just fine. I'm not saying leave him in the same state as Cody Rhodes 2014, but don't waste his great in-ring talents with a shitty gimmick. imo at least.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Cody Rhodes tells fantastic stories while wrestling as Cody Rhodes. He put on great matches routinely as 'Dashing', 'Un-Dashing' and 'Un-sure what his gimmick is' Rhodes. He doesn't need a lame rip-off gimmick to make him interesting.

Dashing Cody Rhodes, wasn't a character like Stardust, and he put on great matches with Rey Mysterio, Jack Swagger and Kofi Kingston during his time as Dashing Cody Rhodes in 2010. He was a midcard staple for SmackDown. Counted on to put on great matches.

Un-Dashing Cody Rhodes, once again wasn't like Stardust, and this put Rhodes in Apex mode. Some of the great matches and rivalries of his career are from this era. He single handedly made Ted Dibiase a viable face, and got him a following. Was probably the only one who put on a good feud with Big Zeke, and did great stuff with Intercontinental Championship. He was one of the few people since 2005 to do something great with it.

Cody Rhodes doesn't need to be Stardust, something toned down would do just fine. I'm not saying leave him in the same state as Cody Rhodes 2014, but don't waste his great in-ring talents with a shitty gimmick. imo at least.

Ring-work is secondary to me. I like guys who actually have some resemblance of character, and other than a few bright spots, normal Cody Rhodes was boring to me. Stardust is a character that is actually sort of fascinating to watch in his own right.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Cody Rhodes is ALWAYS better working a character. That's like rule 34215 of wrestling.
Cody Rhodes is bland as bland can be outside of his ring work. There are guys who work that by developing characters out of their ring work. See dickhead heel Daniel Bryan Danielson for further on this. He was amazing when he was just the dicking submission master in ROH. Cody does not have that.

But when he is given something, he jumps headfirst into it and he shines. He's so much like his brother in that way since Dustin Rhodes was absolutely dreaful before Goldust

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I'd rather see Cody Rhodes as Cody Rhodes while playing a gimmick/character than him playing some rip-off gimmick that's slightly tweaked.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I think they ran through Dashing/Undashing Cody Rhodes waaay too fast. Then he lost to Big Show. That feud with him and Goldy vs the Shield was fun though