• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Coronavirus Discussion Thread

Cwalker

Idk how you’d move it at this point. That just doesn’t really solve the problem. It’s not like NXT or SD; you can’t put all those people in the PC. If they make any changes, it’ll be a cancellation or they’ll hold it in front of an empty arena like the NCAA originally planned. The latter is such a financial pitfall though

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Already a travel ban for anyone who isn't from the UK.

So most international fans are already fucked.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Yeah I'm leaning towards totally cancelled. It's going to be government sanctions on what they can do. The cities won't allow it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Tampa gonna lose a 200 million dollar weekend if WrestleMania is cancelled and the events from the indie companies are going to fuck them over hard because this is their biggest payday of the year.

Cwalker

It’s an interesting conundrum. There’s the overused expression that “there is no off season in WWE” so do you cancel Mania but keep running your live TV shows? WWE is like the one company that doesn’t have the benefit of being able to say “we’re gonna pause for a little bit and come back”.

I can’t see how they can keep running live events and just come back to Mania in like May/June

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Very soon they wont be able to keep running live events. They could probably do it in their performance center, but even then if one wrestler gets it can spread rapidly.

Cwalker

Just got a notification from ESPN that as of right now WWE plans on moving forward with WrestleMania but they will keep an eye on the situation