Cornette targets HHH

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Not sure, didn't watch it. But if you find one time he's booed, I'll find you literally 300 where he was cheered.

Hometown Kid

Yeah the guy who had a heatless WM main event? Nope, not overpushed at all. ANYBODY on the roster could have gotten more of a reaction than he did at 25. Jimmy Yang vs Curt Hawkins could have got a better reaction. Trips is not just overpushed, but unlike Cena and Edge he actually hurts the business with his ridiculous squashing of talent and keyfabe "success". The guy's always been terrible in the ring and his promos are downright boring to me. (Remember when the Rock did the "I-uh...am the game! Uh! bits? Hell, remember "Chunkyslovakia" with Vickie? Jeez!) He basically had DX to save him and get pushed to the ME and married Steph to stay there. Hell, half of his feuds have his opponent putting him over on the mic and talking how great he is. And his time is up as up as far as fan's acceptance is concerned.

He should do what he needs to do to help the business and stay away from the title and put over young talent (a-la HBK) until he retires. He's no HBK though, so yay 17 time champion at some point. >_>

Kaedon

Reaction score
Jim Cornette is awesome, I don't agree with him on EVERYTHING (I like Triple H's promos) but he definitely has a point about Trips getting shoved down everyone's throats the past few years.

Really? Weren't they chanting "retire" on his last PPV appearance?

Yea, they were also chanting PEDIGREE when he returned.

The Rated R CMStar

ANYBODY on the roster could have gotten more of a reaction than he did at 25.

Considering the crowd was shockingly dead for BOTH COMPETITORS and the entire match, I hardly blame HHH. Then again, I know I wouldn't be cheering that hard after HBK vs Taker and Stone Cold.

The guy's always been terrible in the ring and his promos are downright boring to me. (Remember when the Rock did the "I-uh...am the game! Uh! bits? Hell, remember "Chunkyslovakia" with Vickie? Jeez!)

LOL at being terrible in the ring, and while the promos with Vickie were indeed awful, the crowd always reacted to them, and most of the times laugh at his jokes, so that is truly what matters, whether the crowd reacts to them.

Trips is not just overpushed, but unlike Cena and Edge he actually hurts the business with his ridiculous squashing of talent and keyfabe "success

Can you tell me the last guy he's squashed? Oh yeah, it was Chavo Guerrero...the same guy who John Cena also squashed and Edge constantly bashes.

Really? Weren't they chanting "retire" on his last PPV appearance?

No, they were chanting "na na goodbye", and like I have said before, and as it has been proved by the reaction and chants toward HHH on other crowds, it was a matter of that night's fans trying to act cool (or they hating HHH).

Airfixx

This weeks Raw should illustrate EXACTLY how over HHH STILL is.

So, he may not be remembered as on par with Austin or Rock.... So what? Neither will HBK, but BOTH of them will be remembered as being one of the best of their era.

As for his title reign last year....

As dull as it became, HHH's reign on SD was going fine until Orton's injury and the draft..... He arrived on SD with Khali, Kozlov & Thee Brian Kendrick:) P) to fued with whilst WWE refused to 'go there' with a full Edge/HHH fued or push the perfectly placed MVP into contention. Even THEN he still made some good of the situation; contributing heavily to building Jeff Hardy into a champion.

Beer Money Army

"He should be in there to have a good match and put the star over. Actually, he should have been fired in 1996 when he s**t on the entire sport with the infamous “curtain callâ€￾ at MSG, but Vince, the guy with “balls of steelâ€￾, let HHH piss in his face and not only didn’t do anything about it,"

did Jim cornette even watch the whole 1996 raws episodes after that incident. Months on Running HHH was losing to everyone in 1-5 min matches, (he was losing to wrestlers you would think they would have booked HHH at the time to win.)

I think HHH was in the doghouse for months after that, i also heard a rumour years ago that HHH was slated to be 1996 KOTR winner instead of 1997.

I wouldnt never call HHH overrated, but he infact did work his ass off to get to the top, If you have been following his wwe career from 1995, he has worked it. I don't think he is a good face except for the DX 98-99 stuff was his best face stuff to date, but he is a supberb Heel.

I don't know what to say about cornette trash talking, but imo he seems a bit bitter.

the dark knight

So, he may not be remembered as on par with Austin or Rock.... So what? Neither will HBK, but BOTH of them will be remembered as being one of the best of their era.
as far as "overness" is concerned? like i said it doesn't matter, hogan's more over now than pretty much everyone on the roster with few exceptions. hbk's better than austin in pretty much every aspect and is probably the greatest wrestler ive ever seen in my life, overall. i just prefer the rock cuz he had more memorable weekly segments. hbk had much much more memorable matches on and off PPVs.

meh im kinda drunk dont call me out on anything

The Rated R CMStar

I think HHH was in the doghouse for months after that, i also heard a rumour years ago that HHH was slated to be 1996 KOTR winner instead of 1997.

True

did Jim cornette even watch the whole 1996 raws episodes after that incident. Months on Running HHH was losing to everyone in 1-5 min matches, (he was losing to wrestlers you would think they would have booked HHH at the time to win.)

Besides, firing a guy who he probably trusted to be a main guy one day just for that incident would have been stupid. And seeing as how Cornette is trying to bring up "Vince's balls of steel", he should also be advocating for HBK getting tired about that.

Dunno why, but I agree, Cornette really seems bitter towards HHH. Funny thing, not too long ago he was praising him as a great wrestling mind and the man that should be running WWE.

Wonder why, if talking about overrated, he didn't mention the guy who become a main eventer only when he ran the company, oh wait, he works for him.