Controversial Movie Opinions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: Don't post anything without reasons to back up your opinions.

Right, we got quite a varied bunch of movie watchers here. So we're all bound to agree/disagree on certain things. But what are your opinions that you find are most "against the grain"?

I'll start. "The Grey" is terribly overrated. Considering the hype I heard for it, it was depressing as hell, and the talk of "Liam Neeson fighting wolves" was so far from the truth I get the feeling I saw an entirely different movie.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
"Das Boot", which is widely regarded as one of the all time great war films is.....monotonous and a chore to get through. Seriously, for a film that promises such action, literally nothing happens for long stretches while we watch dark shots of a submarine. I can honestly say I've never seen a film quite as boring, and the fact that it's over three hours long doesn't help matters either.

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The Lord of The Rings movies are insanely overrated. Anytime I have tried to watch them I fall asleep and I never fall asleep while watching TV only NASCAR and LOTR movies do it to me.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
The Lord of The Rings movies are insanely overrated. Anytime I have tried to watch them I fall asleep and I never fall asleep while watching TV only NASCAR and LOTR movies do it to me.

I can't even motivate myself to watch them. I've never been into the whole elves & orcs thing in the first place, but three hours at a time? Just doesn't appeal to me.

Reactions: 1 person

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I can't even motivate myself to watch them. I've never been into the whole elves & orcs thing in the first place, but three hours at a time? Just doesn't appeal to me.

I had no issue watching them because I could take myself into that world and it felt like I was in the movies, mainly because I like the sci-fi/fantasy things and like mid evil time period movies regardless of how bad it was.

Now like Booty a film a lot of people I know keep saying how great the Hunt for Red October was I fell asleep in all 4 attempts to watch this film. It had all of the elements of a movie that I would love and one that I could get behind to enjoy, but I fall asleep every time it is on and I try to watch. I think they should have named it the the Hunt for People Awake.