Confederation Cup Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Hmm fun fact. Spain had never won a FIFA World Cup until 2010.

Chill.

I am pumped for this match, and nervous. Two styles of football which are similar clashing. A fresh Brazil against a very tired Spain. Spain were not on form last game, but I imagine they will be tonight, and I really want to see Neymar come up against many of his new team mates, as Neymar has definitely been the best player in this tournament so far.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Chill.

I am pumped for this match, and nervous. Two styles of football which are similar clashing. A fresh Brazil against a very tired Spain. Spain were not on form last game, but I imagine they will be tonight, and I really want to see Neymar come up against many of his new team mates, as Neymar has definitely been the best player in this tournament so far.

Are you pulling for Spain (I believe you view them as your #2 favorite national side) against your loverboy Neymar?

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Ramos has done a hell of a tournament

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Are you pulling for Spain (I believe you view them as your #2 favorite national side) against your loverboy Neymar?

Yes. I view Spain as equal 1 with England as my family is split between the two nations, but I love Brazil as well :( (number 2). Mainly because they both play such wonderful football, and I really want Neymar to shut his critics up.

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Chill.

Its the best team in the world against the best team in history i can see this been the world cup final as well next year

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Its the best team in the world against the best team in history i can see this been the world cup final as well next year

Under Scolari I don't see Brazil making it. Not a fan of his management style at all personally. But, Spain and Brazil definitely have the most depth in the world in terms of players. Maybe Germany as well, but Brazil & Spain have so much talent to choose from. Spain are just fine tuned so perfectly. The philosophy is nailed down, the work ethic, the modesty, the technicality, the confidence - perfection. This international squad is probably the greatest of all time, and that's ahead of the 70's Brazilians.

Brazil however have the talent, have the skill, have the technicality, but they don't have the team ethics, work rate, and modesty. They're too individual at the moment. Understandable since so many of them play on different continents, where as the Spanish team tend to be mainly La Liga players.

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
i cant think of anyone close who have a talent pool depth as much as them 3 i think germany is slightly stronger than brazil though didn't scolari win the wc with them in 2002? There team was amazing then though

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
i cant think of anyone close who have a talent pool depth as much as them 3 i think germany is slightly stronger than brazil though didn't scolari win the wc with them in 2002? There team was amazing then though

They had a better team then, and football was completely different then. Football has changed so much over the last ten years.

Brazil have way more players playing in various professional leagues than any country in the world. It's in the tens of thousands. They can choose so many different teams and because of their countries ideology and philosophy, they can do the job. Germany have some incredible players and have an incredible bench, but take away those 30 or so players, I think they'd be struggling to find replacements that would compete with Spain's left-overs or Brazils.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
No bets for tonight's match?

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Julio César; Alves, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Marcelo; Paulinho, Hernanes; Hulk, Óscar, Neymar; Fred

Casillas; Arbeloa, Piqué, Sergio Ramos, Jordi Alba; Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta; Pedro, Mata y Torres

sig_seperator.png