Cody Rhodes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
what did you think of Cody Rhodes last night? i thought he wasnt bad, but he was great. also the fact that it looked like a John Deere flying off the top rope didnt help any. i think he needs to get a little bit better and change the Lemon-Lime style. thoughts?

Truth

Reaction score
You cant really tell, he just got squashed. His body figure reminds me of Orton when he first debuted, as well as he all round appearance just reminds me of Orton period. He wore green and yellow which is gay, and the only move he did was a flying dropkick. He was ment to get squashed so he didnt do much and you cant grade him really, I hear he's great in OVW though.

Oasis

Reaction score
I think they made him look really weak. I kinda thought they'd at least have him get some offense in and maybe win with a roll up, but w/e. I lol'd when he chopped Orton and "hurt" his hand.

Reaction score
What I saw from Cody was an amazing performance. Sure he got squashed, but he sure as hell knows the mechanics of wrestling. He can sell a move very very well. He's got a good theme and appearance, plus from what I saw, he's talented. The 3 best sells he had in that match were from Orton's clothesline, back-breaker and RKO. Cody put over these moves really well, I thought. He was even able to sell Ortons' half-assed powerslam. Plus the moves that Cody was able to pull off, were pretty much flawless. He didn't seem at all nervous, rather comfortable in his first RAW match. I look forward to seeing more of him, and hopefully he ditches his ugly bright green/yellow ring apparel.

MikeRaw

Rated R pretty much got everything right on...When he was allowed to do moves he was great and when he was on the recieving end he sold great.His attire needs to go though,but as Truth said he reminds me of Orton...My thoughts on him?...Bright future....

Reaction score
Yeah. He could probably sign an endorsement deal with Laz-E-Boy furniture selling chairs. We all know Al Snow can't sell a chair! (Foley joke)

tnafan454

Reaction score
he was alright but i wish WWE didn' make him look that pathetic sure orton was gonna kick his ass but atleast let cody get some kind of offense in. hit the gym get some better coaching and i think he would be a success in the furture

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Cody Rhodes has an extremley bright future in the double double E.....Like HC said up there he sold the moves very well and didnt look nervous....I didnt really mind his tights they didnt look that bad.Codys gold on the mic and hopefully just as good in the ring...He reminds me of a young Orton alot.Trust me Cody will be world champ in no time.

Kaedon

Reaction score
he wasnt bad at all but he is damn small. Ok height but no real muscles.

3lions

Reaction score
I agree with others when they say Cody reminds them of a young Randy Orton. He has a similar look to Orton upon his debut and even wore a similar style of tights and had a similar style of entrance/titantron.

People say he was great on the mic last night, but I'd disagree. he did okay, but I don't like his lisp. That really annoyed me.

As for Cody the wrestler, he did okay. Didn't show any sign of nerves and his selling ability was very good. I won't say too much at the moment, because he wasn't allowed to showcase his ability, but he has a bright future, I'd say.

One thing thought, I agree somewhat with what Kaedon said: Damn is Cody small!! And he has little to no muscle. I can't see him being a World Champion with such a lack in height.

Reaction score
It's a shame you guys feel that way. Talent has nothing to do with muscle/height.

3lions

Reaction score
I'm not judging his talent. I said that I wouldn't judge him too much, becuase he wasn't able to showcase his true talent. I was merely stating that his lack of size/muscle will increase the odds on him ever becoming World Champion in WWE. Sad, but true.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
I would have thought they'd save his attire for Reid Flair because that was what his attire looked like. Even with the knee pads down a little bit, it was like Ric Flair 2.0 not Dusty Rhodes.

As for the match, he did good from what he was given. Hopefully they push him, he can definitly be the definition of WWE's future. If he becomes a star look at WWE's future

Cena
Orton
Edge
Burke
MVP
Punk
Marella
Cody

Most of them are lighter weight wrestlers which is good, maybe Vince is riding of the "super heavyweight era"

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
OK, this guy did great. He was able to sell, he did pretty decent on the mic, his timing was virtually perfect, he was smooth......all of that makes me wonder why the complete opposite of that won the Intercontinental title his first night on RAW.....as a fan.

I think he did great, but he looks like the kid from Meet The Fockers.