Cody Rhodes for IC champ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
unlike any of you other guys, I think Cody Rhodes has a ton of potential. I saw some of his OVW work, and he was a solid worker down there. He'll probably improve with time, he's still really young. He can sell pretty good, and even though he doesn't have a flashy moveset, but he doesn't copy his dad completely. But he can really cut a promo, which is the most important thing now in WWE. In a few years he could be a good midcarder, he just needs a couple of badass tattoos and an over finisher. I don't want to mention Randy Orton, but yeah. Here's a Rhodes promo...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=juFQVmot-WE&feature=related

CT Styles

He won't be IC champ for a while. I think the problem with MVP & Hardy's IC & US title runs is WWE were trying to make them upper mid carders and the IC & US title is a midcard title therefore they just forgot about it and let them have their upper midcard feuds and I think they were scared to make Hardy or MVP lose to someone because they wouldn't be as over as they were. Cody Rhodes will eventually be IC champ because Dusty will probably make him become IC champ. I don't see him ever go above midcard though.

The Rated R CMStar

Again, the problem with MVP's reign is that he has gotten extremely over, and WWE, in my view, expected this to happen when the belt was already on Matt, but injuries got on the way and MVP kept the belt, so he dragged it all the way to uppermidcard.

Adampro123

Reaction score
OMG NO! Cody is WAY WAY WAY to bad of a wrestler right now in his career. his moves are nothing special. he isn't enetertaining to me at all. and you may argue tat santion sucked in the ring as well but at least he is awesome on the mic. i hate watching a cody rhodes match because all im gonne get is some bulldogg a arm drag and a cross body. get with it cody its 2008.

imported_JozMan

I would like to see Cody on smackdown, I would also like i little war to start between MVP, Matt Hardy And Cody for the Us Title. Because MVP has had it for WAY to long.

And i cant stand MVP.

mistablista

Reaction score
cody sux full stop he is to small and it looks like he got his moves frm the 60s get with it cody

Weebo

Reaction score
Idk Cody might be able to do it. Have any of u seen what he has done in OVW. But if you want to push any one with having them go over jerocho ro some veteran for the IC Title do it with either DH Smith (who is way better then Cody and could make it even if he wasn't The Bulldogs kid) or a phenominal athelete in Paul Burchill. I think if you want to push anyone like this right now it should be Burchill. He was good on Smackdown, great in OVW and one hell of a pro wrestler.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
Burchill is overrated man, I'm sick of people praising his ass.

Cody is good, he should get the IC Title late this year, but not right now

Evil Austin

screw burchill screw rhodes I say its the time for SUPER CRAZY TO GET A PUSH FOR ONCE IN HIS LIFE ..... WHO IS WITH ME :)

noumenon

lmao... I AM SUPER............I AM CRAZY......I AM SUUUUUUUUUPER CRAZY.... that guy cracks me up.

I'm really waiting to see that they do with DH Smith...well, he's actually now the "Canadian Bulldog" and a heel. He's a big fuckin kid, and not half bad in the ring, he could definately make a nice addition to the mid card level. I'm wondering if what they're saying about his age is true though, is he really 20??

I love Burchill, I wanna see this guy get a nice push. Ya know... him and Bulldog would even make a nice heel alliance.

And I repeat once more...FUCK CODY:sly:

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
D.H. Smith is very young....

True Story

He once wrestled at age 16 (I think) That was his debut match. Canadians wrestle young. And Canadians are better wrestlers.

Cody 4 IC Champ

CenaMark54

I find him boring, generic, uninteresting, unimpressive, and average.

And teaming him up with Holly only makes it worse.

C4

Cody Rhodes is a young talented superstar who can work better and make a name for himself if he works on some parts, but if you look at him right now he is nothing at all and cannot be the IC Champion because he just isn't worthy enough for the Championship.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I don't see Cody as IC title worth at this point in time. he bores the crap out of me. He has done nothing to impress me teaming up with holly was a crap move and putting titles on them even worse. But he is young and has got time to grow. I would stick him back in development for a cpl months to year repackage him and try again coz at the mo he just sucks.

fteezy

Reaction score
its too soon for all of that.. he hasn't even had a serious singles run yet to even go for the IC Title.. he could be the future though