Cody Rhodes for IC champ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

dstebbins

Reaction score
Cody is a young, up-and-coming wrestler, with actual wrestling talent, not just leeching off the name of his father. He's currently one half of the tag team champions with Hardcore Holly, but do you think after that, he should move into singles competition, and get an upset victory over Jericho, earning himself an IC title match, which he'll win.

I think this will get Cody Rhodes over in much the same way that Robert Roode is getting over with Booker T. After all, the best way to build new stars is to put new guys in with veterans, and Cody Rhodes is the future.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Good god no. I fucking hate Cody Rhodes. I think he is worthless and is leeching off the name of his father. I can't see anything about him that would have gotten him to where he is right now if his last name wasn't Rhodes. I'm not saying that Dusty politiced to get him there, I'm just saying if his last name wasn't Rhodes he'd probably be in Florida in a developmental at this moment in time.

So in short, no I would not like this at all. Personally I don't think he should be a tag champion yet, but they don't care about the tag division that much so that's not a huge deal. But the IC title? Hell no. They're finally doing something with that title by giving it to Jericho please don't ruin it by giving it to worthless Cody Rhodes.

Wrestling Station

Cody looks lame and doesnt have the "it" factor at all.

I think the best thing Cody can do, is to jobbing to others. Yes, he is a pure jobber.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Ouch! I touch a nerve there or something.

In all seriousness though he appears to not really have mic skills, no one cares when he comes out and I don't see any charisma out of him at all. He shouldn't just be a jobber, but I don't ever see him elevating above the mid card. I can't see him getting past the IC belt, so why give it to him when he's only been up for like a year? I see no need to do this at this moment in time and I'll be really pissed if they do.

noumenon

I have to say, besides the women's matches... Cody is one of the things that really makes me change the channel. There's just something I fucking can't stand about this kid. The way he looks, the way he wrestles, his little Peter Pan'ish ring attire. He definately is leeching off his father. Do you honestly think someone his size, with his look and level of talent would have been given a chance in the company if not for his daddy? Absolutely not. The fact that we have two complete jobbers in him and Holly holding the tag titles right now completely disgusts me. We can only hope with the seeming tiny push the tag division received this past Monday we'll see them dropping the belts very soon. If they ever allow this little bastard to dropkick and DDT his way to a singles title that's when I know they've lost all sense and reason.

dstebbins

Reaction score
Hey, at least they're not promoting him as "Cody is Idoc spelled backwards.":p

Reaction score
the only time i can c that happening is when Jericho leaves.NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I could understand it if was Carlito or Marella not "Y2J" Chris Jericho. Y2JMania is going higher and higher, Y2J forever. Cody Rhodes should on do a programme with Goldust.

The Rated R CMStar

What whas that?

While I might change my mind in the future, I see nothing on Cody Rhodes. I hate him, his attire, his moveset. He is just not over and he is a champion. Hell. not even when he stood face to face with Randy Orton he got more than a Cody chant from some people in the crowd I can count with the fingers on my hands.

Michael1

Reaction score
Right now. No. In a year or two. I don't know. I really don't care either. I haven't seen much of Cody Rhodes, because... quite frankly, when he has a match I just go do something else. His matches bore me. I saw one or two of them before, and they bored the s**t out of me. I can't stand to watch a match of his. So no, I don't think he's Intercontinental Championship material, hell, to be honest, I don't even know what he's doing with the World Tag Team Championship along with Hardcore Holly. Two jobbers.

Soulpower

I hate him, his attire, his moveset.

In Cody's defense, CMS... He's lacking superstar points to buy attire, moveset or anything else for that matter.

The Rated R CMStar

BTW, what happened to that shit of Hardcore Holly toughing up Cody Rhodes, and not fully getting along with him, did he out of a sudden started respecting him? And if that happened, when did it happened, when they he jobbed to Carlito and Marella, or when they jobbed to Londrick?

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
BTW, what happened to that shit of Hardcore Holly toughing up Cody Rhodes, and not fully getting along with him, did he out of a sudden started respecting him? And if that happened, when did it happened, when they he jobbed to Carlito and Marella, or when they jobbed to Londrick?

I remember it, but it so insignificant that i didn't remember exactly what happened. Cody anyway lost his match to Holly, Afterwards he gave Cody a pat on the back, they got teamed together and then once they won the tag titles they were pretty much a well-knit tag team.

And Jericho is bringing back some Loooooooong lost prestige to the IC title which beforehand was just a prop giving up and coming rookies monmentum. Which is exactly what you're suggesting tsk tsk :(.

Considering that the title was once the only way you can be a #1 contender for the WWE title or a sign of being a future main eventer (Sorta like it was with Hardy's last run, except he never defended it in any signifigant way which made the belt look bad). Demeaning it to a rookie title should be the last thing they do.

I believe Jericho can bring back the IC title above the prestige of ECW title and the US title just by being Jericho.
He wouldn't even have to defend it to bring prestige to it. Every match Jericho is in he brings a unmatched intensity and that intensity alone is what the IC title needs.

Jericho should have the title for as long as he god damn wants and everyone should be fine with that. Cody Rhodes who's wrestled on heat more then he has on Raw would only reverse the positive change and only make it a prop. Similiar to the way MVP has his US championship and how Hardy had his IC championship. It honestly was only a prop for both of these guys. Can you even name a decent feud inwhich Hardy was defending his title? I remember a match with Carlito, but that's probably the only time the IC title was in the spotlight since Randy's lengthy run with the title. MVP's feud with Matt Hardy was ridiculous and completely over rated. The title was the main focus but then they became friends and it became a contest between who's betta then who, and now it's about revenge. Where does the US title even fit with Hardy and MVP now? It's utterly ridiculous

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Random but don't they call Cody the human CAW?

I just don't like Cody, seriously don't. Watched his last tag match and his moveset is so old fashion, I just can't stand him in the ring. The entire match all I saw was that his knee pads were at shin level BEFORE the match started! IC and Cody shouldn't even come near each other when it comes to contenders for the title.

Fenix0505

Reaction score
I could see Cody Rhodes the IC champion, i do agree that he is leaching off his fathers name and his older brothers (Black Rein)... then again he could pull something out and make him self a legend and he would not be leachin his fathers name any more

The Rated R CMStar

MVP/Matt Hardy was a long time feud. The reason they became "friends" was because MVP was trying to avoid defending the belt against Matt, and the whole point of the competitions was Hardy showing MVP he was better and deserved the belt. The title has become a prop of MVP because that on my mind, Hardy haven't gotten injured, he would be US Champ by now, but the feud has been good.