CMLL, MLW, NJPW announce alliance

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TigerDriver91

Reaction score
So..... Matt Cardona showed up in MLW recently. Now he can win CMLLs top championship to add to his collection!
You may laugh but CMLL's Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight divisions should be thread better and I think feuds like Cardona vs Barbaro Cavernario or Atlantis Jr could deliver. Also vs Angel de Oro.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Honestly, this will help IMPACT more than damage it. They can get fresh faces on the roster and since they are more personal than other companies than the young boys from CMLL, for example, will be better train and can be ready if they go to AEW for bit and then back to CMLL, since usually you do the small arena shows in CMLL when you are a rookie.
That implies there's a possibility of Impact/CMLL crossover which doesn't look right

What I'm seeing is NJPW getting a new full-time US partner and just leaving Impact behind

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
MLW has yet to show they can be full time for longer than 4 months at a time would be one issue with that theory though

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
nothing about the deal says its exclusive. NJPW hasa co ppv with AEW and with Impact - dont see that changing

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
They already had a deal with MLW anyway, the real news here is that MLW is ditching AAA and CMLL might have American exposure for once

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
They already had a deal with MLW anyway, the real news here is that MLW is ditching AAA and CMLL might have American exposure for once
which imo is good news. AAA is booking fucking Alberto De Rio rn, nobody should associate with them if they can avoid it

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
What I'm seeing is NJPW getting a new full-time US partner and just leaving Impact behind
That isn't how that works. New Japan and IMPACt seem to be on goo terms and seem to be happy with what their people are doing there so I doubt they will just up and leave IMPACT. Plus, IMPACT will be a better promotion to begin with if you a young lion than MLW

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
yeah none of these deals are exclusive partnerships. this ain't like making a deal with the devil (fed)

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't get the whole thing how this is a bad thing on either side. Everyone kind of wins here and if this deal bothers you then how come New Japan, All Japan, NOAH, Dragon Gate, and more working together is fine when it is sort of the same thing. What would be worrisome would be if they began a partnership with a European promotion since the market there is a bit wild now since WWE fucked it

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I'm a simple man, I just wanna see cool matches from this like Fatu vs Ishii

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I am a simple woman, I want people more exposed to CMLL and exposed to the technical side of Lucha and not just the flippy stuff lol
I am legit excited about that because I feel like 99% of ppl who break through in america are high flyers. which is awesome but yeah I mean - so many vikingos and kommanders out there before you see a lot of the same thing. kind of why I really like Rush because he doesn't just wrestle the popular lucha style and actually incorporates heavier strikes and more hossy american stuff.

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
I don't know what this means, but I'm gonna be optimistic about it. Open all those forbidden doors.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I am legit excited about that because I feel like 99% of ppl who break through in america are high flyers. which is awesome but yeah I mean - so many vikingos and kommanders out there before you see a lot of the same thing. kind of why I really like Rush because he doesn't just wrestle the popular lucha style and actually incorporates heavier strikes and more hossy american stuff.
This x10000.

I don't follow Lucha and so my exposure to it is what AEW shows me, which is just the flippy stuff. I remember watching a Rush match a few months ago (first time I really paid close attention to it) and loved it because it wasn't just flips for flips sake.

Also if CMLL has more heavy or even character driven stuff than clearly Matt Cardona should be winning their Worlds Championship once this partnership starts.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Rush's style has been around in lucha for quite some time though it goes by three different names. The original name was Matador followed by Perro, named after Perro Aguayo who made the brawler style popular in Mexico, and now it is sometimes called Americana since it is more akin to American style that is known think like Steve Austin. The other thing is that Lucha since like 2010, i want to say, has become more like Lucharesu than anything, and with CMLL my favorte style, Llave, will be showcased and if you love the super technical stuff then Llave is your cup of tea.