CMLL, MLW, NJPW announce alliance

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
f7eynqwwmaatt25.webp

MLW, CMLL, and NJPW are working together.

CMLL Informa announced today that CMLL has formed an alliance with MLW, along with longtime partner NJPW. MLW released a joint statement confirming a “landmark strategic alliance” between the three companies.

“It’s a privilege and honor to forge an alliance with CMLL and work with Mr. Salvador Lutteroth Lomeli and his team while expanding MLW’s relationship with New Japan to create an extraordinary collaboration,” said MLW CEO Court Bauer said in the press release. “I wish to thank Mr. Salvador Lutteroth Lomeli, Mr. Naoki Sugabayashi, Mr. Takami Ohbari and Rocky Romero for building the foundation for this opportunity. We look forward to showcasing the extraordinary athletes from Mexico, Japan, and America for fans worldwide.”

Fightful reported that the discussions between the three groups started in early July, with the partnership to launch in October. With the move, MLW will no longer use any AAA talent moving forward due to politics between CMLL and AAA.

MLW announced last month that they had started a partnership with NJPW, with KUSHIDA making an appearance at MLW's Fury Road event earlier this month.

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
:francis

I do not like the implications for NJPW's relationships with other American promotions

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
So..... Matt Cardona showed up in MLW recently. Now he can win CMLLs top championship to add to his collection!

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
:francis

I do not like the implications for NJPW's relationships with other American promotions
Should be fine honestly. Very few are associated with AAA.

On a side note, CMLL is now partnered with three of four major promotions in Japan, since Dragon Gate, NOAH, and New Japan deal with CMLL more than AAA. So if AJPW joins, CMLL would be the only company to have a partnership with all four major Japanese companies.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Which isn't a bad thing. May mean that El Hijo de Vikingo is shown less, but there are rumors that he may leave AAA

Reactions: TigerDriver91

TigerDriver91

Reaction score
I think AEW will drop AAA and partner with CMLL shortly after they will manage to sign Vikingo. I mean AAA is garbage wrestling, it's not a good image to be associated with that.

I doubt they will go so far with this alliance but it would be cool if Jacob Fatu would have a stint in Mexico and win the CMLL World Heavyweight Heavyweight championship, that title needs better than Gran Guerrero. Then he can pass the belt to someone better, someone like Hechicero.

Also if Titan drops the Welterweight belt this Friday to Mascara Dorada he can come to MLW and win the Middleweight title.

LOL MLW is taking shots at AAA:

Celebrating its 90th anniversary earlier this month, CMLL is recognized as the premier lucha libre organization in the world. Introducing lucha libre to Mexico on September 21, 1933, CMLL, originally known as EMLL, is a sports and cultural institution, with the famous Arena Mexico hosting some of Mexico’s most iconic matches and becoming the unrivaled leader in lucha libre. Recognized for its rich tradition and celebrated for its unmatched excellence, CMLL is synonymous with lucha libre in Mexico and around the world.

Last edited:

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Confused why certain ppl like Grim are saying they don't like this. At least with SKY I know it's her inner Impact fan inferiority complex.

Nothing about companies working together is bad - CMLL is a good company especially compared to AAA. MLW has, imo, cleaned up it's act a lot and has some decent talent. NJPW is NJPW and they are good at alliances and sending ppl on excursion.

This does not suddenly mean NJPW will work less with Impact or AEW, why would they. If anything it means Impact, AEW, CMLL and MLW might ALL work together at some point, or at least, be more open to it.

I agree with poster above, AEW will ditch AAA as soon as they can, they are a liability partner who always talks a bunch of shit and is hugely unprofessional (konnan is a moron).

Bring on the International Wrestling Alliance

Last edited:

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Honestly, this will help IMPACT more than damage it. They can get fresh faces on the roster and since they are more personal than other companies than the young boys from CMLL, for example, will be better train and can be ready if they go to AEW for bit and then back to CMLL, since usually you do the small arena shows in CMLL when you are a rookie.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Honestly, this will help IMPACT more than damage it. They can get fresh faces on the roster and since they are more personal than other companies than the young boys from CMLL, for example, will be better train and can be ready if they go to AEW for bit and then back to CMLL, since usually you do the small arena shows in CMLL when you are a rookie.
for me personally it just means I hopefully get to discover more CMLL ppl, because I know very few. might also be a good way to inject some youth into CMLL as I do know they have a relatively older roster.

With Impact, they really been only using Taurus, who rules but everyone else is very sporadic. I don't think it will be a big loss either and I could see most of the big names from AAA simply moving to USA in the next year or two anyways. Vikingo is already kind of too big for AAA imo and I can't see the lucha bros sticking around forever.