CM Punk's win: Cheap or No.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

I for one hope to see CM Punk drop it this Monday Night in that World title match, I don't think I could sit through another summer with Punk as champion. It's alreayd tough to watch SmackDown, but with Punk as champ, ugh.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Just like Kane's specialty is the inferno match? Of which he's lost all? lol

It wasn't an ambush or anything, and I really see how being in front of an ECW crowd would sway RVD's chances. Cena had been getting boo'ed for months prior to that match, so I really don't think that would have made a difference. And each guy had equal oppurtunity to use weapons. IN FACT, Cena was on the verge of winning before Edge interferred.

Yeah and Edge interfering in a WWE match leads to what? A DQ. Edge interfering in an ECW match leads to a fat walrus who ISNT a referee to be able to come down and hand RVD the title.

Airfixx

In kayfaybe, ask Jeff how cheap a win it was.... Nuff said.

Considering how weak Punk has been booked ever since his 1st title run; never regaining so much as another world title shot (MITB aside), for him to cash in again in this manner makes him look so weak. Unless the plan is to turn him fully heel then expect a massive backlash against Punk cos they picked the wrong guy to pull that shit on IMO (i.e. Hardy).

On the subject of Jeff....

Compare how they're treating Punk to how they're treating Jeff.... One is the biggest babyface on his brand, if not the company, and is shown to be able to beat any man (e.g. Taker, HHH, Edge - The UNBEATABLES) yet can't so much as keep hold of the title long enough to defend it, meanwhile the guy that is significantly less over and can't get a decent run of results going is given MITB 2yrs back-2-back and hot-shotted to world title runs twice within a year (once at the formers kayfaybe expense).

Where's the sense in all this?????????

Reaction score
It could be a balance thing. I mean it looks like they're taking a crack at facing Edge...so someone would have to take his spot. CM Punk as a heel would be different anyways. And since CM Punk has always been a perpetual face with his "clean" lifestyle, and what not a heel turn would probably shock the masses. I say let's see where it goes.

Reaction score
Yeah and Edge interfering in a WWE match leads to what? A DQ. Edge interfering in an ECW match leads to a fat walrus who ISNT a referee to be able to come down and hand RVD the title.

Seriously, you're going to compare a run-in during a title match to coming in AFTER an entire match and winning the title? How many people have you seen win the title, or retain it for that fact, with run-ins/interference?

In kayfaybe, ask Jeff how cheap a win it was.... Nuff said.

Considering how weak Punk has been booked ever since his 1st title run; never regaining so much as another world title shot (MITB aside), for him to cash in again in this manner makes him look so weak. Unless the plan is to turn him fully heel then expect a massive backlash against Punk cos they picked the wrong guy to pull that shit on IMO (i.e. Hardy).

On the subject of Jeff....

Compare how they're treating Punk to how they're treating Jeff.... One is the biggest babyface on his brand, if not the company, and is shown to be able to beat any man (e.g. Taker, HHH, Edge - The UNBEATABLES) yet can't so much as keep hold of the title long enough to defend it, meanwhile the guy that is significantly less over and can't get a decent run of results going is given MITB 2yrs back-2-back and hot-shotted to world title runs twice within a year (once at the formers kayfaybe expense).

Where's the sense in all this?????????

I completely agree with you on the first half of your post. Those are my thoughts pretty much exactly. On the second half though, I have some queries...

When did he beat Taker?
He can't be the biggest face in the company. I think he's the biggest face on SD, possibly tieing with Mysterio, but you've still got Cena, Trips, Tista all on RAW. Those guys are pretty 'up there' as well.

Reaction score
Its crazy how so many people can hate CM Punk he is one of the best and one of the last pure wrestlers in the WWE......Yes I wish CM Punk didnt cash in MITB the way he did but now we will finally get to see a heel CM punk feud with Jeff Hardy.... and yeah it sucks that Jeff went to war with Edge and then had a what 2 minute sniff with the title just to lose it to CM Punk... but if you think about it thats kinda the tragic story of the Jeff Hardy character.... Jeff Hardy can never catch a break and he always comes so close to success but ends up failing.... thats kinda how his story always went well thats how I see it atleast

Reaction score
Its crazy how so many people can hate CM Punk he is one of the best and one of the last pure wrestlers in the WWE......Yes I wish CM Punk didnt cash in MITB the way he did but now we will finally get to see a heel CM punk feud with Jeff Hardy.... and yeah it sucks that Jeff went to war with Edge and then had a what 2 minute sniff with the title just to lose it to CM Punk... but if you think about it thats kinda the tragic story of the Jeff Hardy character.... Jeff Hardy can never catch a break and he always comes so close to success but ends up failing.... thats kinda how his story always went well thats how I see it atleast

I'm not going to change my mind, ever, if Punk really is one of the last PURE wrestlers in the WWE. The artform of "pure wrestling" is far from dead, and many guys can take his place. Not that I've seen much of this "pure wrestling" anyway.

Surely it's not that great, because WWE don't seem to let him show it off. And before people say 'that's just wat WWE want to do with him' ... I'll bring up Bourne/Sydal. Seems as though he's allowed to do his SSP (which was recently banned), meaning his high flying is good enough to be shown in WWE.

Airfixx

When did he beat Taker?

On SD in an extreme rules match when they broadcast from London shortly before his first title win.

He can't be the biggest face in the company. I think he's the biggest face on SD, possibly tieing with Mysterio, but you've still got Cena, Trips, Tista all on RAW. Those guys are pretty 'up there' as well.

True (although I did say "one of the biggest").... Maybe I should have said the most over.... He gets prob the loudest and most unanimous 'pop' of the night the majority of the time.