CM Punk's win: Cheap or No.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
OK, with the exception of Rob Van Dam, the money in the bank contract has ONLY been used post match/post beat-down to gain a win. Once more, the person cashing in has been completely fresh, while the champion is depleted of energy, thus making it a cheap win....well, every one except this one. Many may argue that CM Punk's cash in was "cheap" or "heelish" but don't forget that CM Punk had a match against Umaga (think kayfabe here) and then cashed in. Sure, Punk had a little time to catch his breath, but the pain was still there (again, think Kayfabe). I personally see the Punk-Hardy match being a little bit even, and I don't think the WWE is going to change Punk heel through this. If they were turning him heel, Punk would attack Jeff, before a fair match. Anyone agree?

Klide

OK, with the exception of Rob Van Dam, the money in the bank contract has ONLY been used post match/post beat-down to gain a win. Once more, the person cashing in has been completely fresh, while the champion is depleted of energy, thus making it a cheap win....well, every one except this one. Many may argue that CM Punk's cash in was "cheap" or "heelish" but don't forget that CM Punk had a match against Umaga (think kayfabe here) and then cashed in. Sure, Punk had a little time to catch his breath, but the pain was still there (again, think Kayfabe). I personally see the Punk-Hardy match being a little bit even, and I don't think the WWE is going to change Punk heel through this. If they were turning him heel, Punk would attack Jeff, before a fair match. Anyone agree?

Edge had a match with flair before cashing it against cena but that doesent have to do anything with being face or heel.. anyways to me punks victory was trash ive never really liked the dude

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I think it should of happened two months ago in the first place. But no matter. I'm happy Punk won it, and can only hope that he wont be a transitional champion and that they will give him at least until Survivor Series of a reign. As for the debate of "is it cheap or not?" I think it would be incredibly hypocritical of the smarks to give Edge half a dozen free passes with all his "inserting myself into the match and win the belt tactics" including doing that twice with the money in the bank. But now suddenly be pissed and not be ok with CM Punk doing the same thing. It would be a double standard, and I think people should be happy to finally have a fresh champion on Smackdown not named Jeff Hardy *since everyone seemed to universally hate that reign*

xtremebadass

Edge is the only superstar who should pull what CM Punk pulled, or atleast any heel should do that. Having a top face on SmackDown! pull that on the BIGGEST FACE on SmackDown! just doesn't make any sense unless Punk is turning heel.

I thought that was bogus, it would have been less bogus if Edge retained, but that is just pretty stupid, almost as stupid as WWE giving the WWE title to Batista for a day. WTF is going on WWE? WTF is wrong with you guys? Punk sucks total WEENER.

the dark knight

it isn't as simple as cashing in after you're beat down. that sounds heel, yes. but the way it happened wasn't heelish. he would've at least hit him with a chair or the briefcase..

CenaMark54

I'm totally against this unless they turn him heel. Nothing good can come from a face stealing the belt from another face who is way more over.

Reaction score
Cheap, I think. Considering he did a similar thing last year and hel d the WHC for a short period, makes this time around cheap. Sure, he was a transitional champion, but come the fuck on - he did this last year! They could've done him one nice thing by having him REALLY fight for the title.

Two times around, two times he's cashed in after a match. That's cheap. Let's hope they continue with last years tradition and let him lose the title soon, say ... next Friday night :D

Punk = bogus champ. (thanks XBA)

MikeRaw

First off, I'm pissed that they do it now. I ordered like 3 PPVs to see it, and it didn't happen. Now I don't order this one, and he cashes in.
Anyways, they can still keep him face with it. He cashed in like this last year and remained a big face. Personally though, I want him to turn heel.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
^^^ Yeah, but last year he did that to a heel. A top heel at that. This time it was the top face on SD. Big difference there. If they don't turn him heel, it'd be dumb. Of course, Hardy winning the belt only to lose it seconds later was dumb. Releasing Umaga was dumb.

....Oh yeah

Fuck CM Punk.

phantomgerald

If Punk was going to get the title in the end, then they should have let Edge win again.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I thought that was bogus, it would have been less bogus if Edge retained

^thank you man. Bogus sums it up pretty well

Punk = bogus champ. (thanks XBA)

Fuck CM Punk.

Pretty much sums up my point exactly. From Xtremebadass we have the generic "Keep the title on Edge forever" opinion. Then we have Underated superstar not really adding anything simply piggybacking the same argument. Knicky still riding the CM Punk hate bandwagon, and Jurassic Bones doing the same.

You all would of been perfectly happy if Edge had retained, but since he didn't you would of crapped on it whether it was Hardy or CM Punk as champ. It's predictable what the smarks reaction will be. News flash: Edge cannot be WWE champion for forever.

I bet if this was a face on face with CM Punk Vs. Jeff Hardy in a ladder match, and Edge came out and inserted himself in the match grabbing the title off the ladder with no prior explanation you would of creamed yourselves with how edgey and original it was and how "WWE is shaking things up pretty good". Like we haven't seen Edge do it a billion times before. But now that someone else does it its totally not ok.

Reaction score
Pretty much sums up my point exactly. From Xtremebadass we have the generic "Keep the title on Edge forever" opinion. Then we have Underated superstar not really adding anything simply piggybacking the same argument. Knicky still riding the CM Punk hate bandwagon, and Jurassic Bones doing the same.

i quite like this bandwagon. its comfy, seems to be getting fuller, and is fun. its better than some of the other bandwagons out there...

You all would of been perfectly happy if Edge had retained, but since he didn't you would of crapped on it whether it was Hardy or CM Punk as champ. It's predictable what the smarks reaction will be. News flash: Edge cannot be WWE champion for forever.

Obviously you don't know all the "smarks" that well, because I would've been happy with either Jeff winning, or Edge retaining. I'm a big fan of both, but to stick the title on Jeff more a few minutes, to have Punk win the title is dumb. You can't deny that, I don't care how "edgy" it is.

I bet if this was a face on face with CM Punk Vs. Jeff Hardy in a ladder match, and Edge came out and inserted himself in the match grabbing the title off the ladder with no prior explanation you would of creamed yourselves with how edgey and original it was and how "WWE is shaking things up pretty good". Like we haven't seen Edge do it a billion times before. But now that someone else does it its totally not ok.

Yeh, because it's the fact that he does is a billion times that makes it interesting - he's the guy who can pull that shit off. You know my reason for why I don't like Punk doing this thing a second time around...

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Bogus seems to be the word to describe Punk's current reign. And I have to agree.

I'm not a Hardy mark, never have been, never will be (unless Matt buys a personality on eBay) but it's pretty dumb bogus how they pulled this one on him. Hardy is an established face but he's not really seen as a former champ IMO. When Orton won the title twice in one PPV (2 years ago?) he was 1) heel and 2) he was consider main event. Jeff isn't. But neither is Punk, so the move was wack bogus.

If Punk doesn't turn heel, then this is their dumbest move all year.