CM Punk....why?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CenaMark54

There is no way Punk will be in the Main Event of Mania. Not while Batista and Taker are around.

The WWE would not risk the SD main event on an unproven superstar who is hardly a draw. Since Orton and Edge are marginal draws at best, expect to see the two biggest active draws (HHH and Taker) also in the main event.

There's just no way the WWE would go into the biggest PPV of the year with Orton, Punk, and Edge as three of the four guys in the title matches unless Austin/Hogan/The Rock are also on the card.

Switchy

Reaction score
Well I also think this is because it will:

a) Give Punk the chance to get in the rumble
b) Not make Ounk look bad when he wins title (he'd beat Chavo instead)
c) As you all said, Edge/Punk
d) Possibly just to let the ECW title be defended and have Punk in MTB at same time

I think it'll work like this...

RR: Punk loses to Chavo by DQ
ECW: Shelton Vs Punk #1 contender match = double countout and triple threat is made for NWO
NWO: Shelton wins and possibly turns tweener ready for WM.
WM: ECW title = Shelton/Chavo, Punk in MITB.

Nation

Im assuming Punk will be the next Money In The Bank winner or perhaps he will get a title shot at No Way Out.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

well im guessing jeff for mitb. i think punk will win the title back soon, and this is just to build edges stable

whats wrong with chavo though? he can wrestle. storyline wise it may not make too much sense, but match quality shouldnt go down. so why stop watching?

Ed_cena

Reaction score
its sarcasm man i still gonna watch ecw, but im piss off, cm punk its my fav. wrestler and i think that the wwe is gonna make cm punk a jobber :(

they cant afford to make him a jobber. hes too over

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I don't watch ECW, one because I'm not interested and in Canada, it comes on Friday at midnite. But it sounds like Punk is about to make his move to SD! because Punk has beaten everyone and there's nothing really left for him to do. Mysterio, Punk and Batista will probably team up after RR to face Edge's stable. Not really sure on who will break off and battle Edge for the title (Taker, Batista.. again). Punk will go to midcard after.

Reaction score
CM Punk wins the royal rumble with him & HHH as the 2 final competitors. Goes to Raw & challenges Orton for the title. Trips gets pissed about it and comes out and destroys him with the sledge hammer. Turning him heel. Somehow triple HHH gets added into a triple threat match with Orton & Punk at Mania so there is still a big draw in the match. Kind of like when Benoit went for the title at Mania.

^^doubt it, because i think punk is heading for smackdown

Reaction score
Yeah I doubt it too, but I just wanted to throw my thoughts out there on what they could be up to. A lot of years they give someone a big push at mania and i think kennedy was meant to be that dude this year but he fucked that up with the steroids. So maybe punk is the man to get the big push...

The Rated R CMStar

Nah, big push for midcarder is coming in WM 25. In 24, we will get the big draw matches, in HHH vs Orton and Taker vs Edge.