CM Punk....why?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

I was kinda surprised to see Punk lose the belt, but on the other hand, it was somewhat expected. I was watching the program, the first ever ECW in HD, and then the SMackdown GM Vickie Guererro showed up, and i thought right away, that this doesnt look good for punk.

But this leads me to why might the wwe decide to have, their best young face in the company, drop the belt, when he's in the middle of a "hot streak" or whatever you want to call it. Could it be because it was within days of holding the WWECW title longer than anyone? (Show/Lashley) Was it because Chavo earned his spot in ECW (no) Did they want to build up Edge's Stable? Do they want to go PUnk vs Edge at 24?!? Or do they just want to put cm punk in the classic chase role? There are countless reasons as to why the wwe may have pulled the trigger, at a what i consider "odd timing" days before the Royal Rumble.

Whats your theory?

The Leviathan

Reaction score
I think Chavo here is just some kind of a transitional champ so that Punk will become a 2 time ECW champion. I also see that Chavo will not held the title for long, maybe Punk will win it back at the Rumble (hmm.. just like what happened to Edge 2 years ago).

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
I think it's to help there stable and start a punk vs Edge feud.

Soulpower

I'm guessing the WWE realized that Punk is ready to move on. Other than a feud with Shelton, there wasn't much left for Punk to do on ECW. My guess is he'll be on SD for the most part and will start feuding with some different people for the time being.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
If that happens then who do you think will start fueding with Chavo for the title since most of the ECW Roster are heels and some face are jobbers? Do you think this will be the start for Stevie Richard's long wait for a title push lol..?

EDIT: Oh wait! I forgot 'bout Kofi Kingston, sorry!

phantomgerald

Yeah I think without the responsibility of being ECW champion, he can move on to feud more often at SD, before making a full-time change to SD. I wouldn't mind if they went Punk/Edge either, but I doubt it.

Airfixx

[Damn... Post text got wiped.... Bullet points on the re-write.]

*Kinda saw it coming, but thought WWE'd wait and put the match on the RR card as the only title change of the event (don't see Orton or Edge dropping their belts so close to WM... WWE are in that ideal position for WM with 2 heel champs).

*Chavo in Edges faction - Great, but not whilst he's an ECW wrestler actually holding their belt. (A la kayfaybe) Why would he risk his health & belt sticking his neck out for Edge when no-one will have his back the majority of time? (I think factions transending brands is a bad idea - For a non-champ it's pushing it, but for a champ it shows them to be rather stupid!)

*Regardless, get Punk on Raw/SD asap... need to get the bwoy primed for WHC glory against Edge @ WM25! ;o]

CenaMark54

Its probably because Punk is going to move to SD to be fed to Edge sometime before Wrestlemania.

Here is how I think it goes down;

Edge beats Mysterio at the Rumble
Taker doesn't win the Rumble
Punk takes on Edge at No Way Out
Punk loses to Edge at No Way Out
Taker wins the Elimination Chamber at No way Out
Taker beats Edge at Wrestlemania.

I'd rather see Punk/Edge at Mania, but 99% of the world wants to see Taker in the main event. Sadly Punk will just be fed to Edge, then probably be in the MITB match at Mania.

As far as Taker not winning the Rumble. I doubt they would give him the win two years in a Row. Plus they have built up the whole "does HHH have what it takes"/"will he or wont he be in the Rumble" angle that I think it is foolish for him not to win.

This way, they can start the HHH/Orton feud right away on Raw and basically start the Taker/Edge fued by having Edge try to prevent Taker from entering the EC because he fears Taker the most.

Wrestling Station

well, i think it will be as they said Vickie, Edge, and Chavo work as a team (heels) to feud with several faces, (Rey & Punk).

Now its not easy to determine this situation if its going to lead to Punk switching brands as ECW and SD! are already exchanging superstars every week and thus i truely believe that we will going to see more of Vickie/ Edge on ECW and for ECW's Punk to show on SD! just to make a bigger feud out of it, and thus make Punk a bigger star by making him feud with a GM and a guy like Edge.

CenaMark54

I just realized, if this was anyone but Punk, we would all be crying steriods.

Could it be that the Straight Edged CM Punk is on the juice?

hbkfan!

Reaction score
I think they are bulding up a punk vs edge for wm 24 for the wt.(world Title)

MJ807

Reaction score
I've been saying this as has a lot of otherr on this site I can see Punk vs. Edge for the WHC at WM 24 but when I first said it the only thing standing in his way was him being the ECW world Champ but with him losing that tile whats stopping him from becoming world champ the fans like him and the internet fans like him everybody would be happy with Punk as champ and I think WWE realised that,

The Rated R CMStar

Well, I find it difficult to see CM Punk vs Edge at Mania, because usually the main events at Mania are encounters that either have never happened before or have happened on rearly ocassions, or that comes from an unended situation long ago(Orton and HHH), but if you read the spoilers for SD(the main event), you will catch where I am going with this.

Enigma22

Reaction score
so chavo loses twice to punk and edge basically won the third and 4th match for him... but hes the ecw world champion... that makes no sense... terrible move... i didnt know he was champ till i saw this thread lol