CM Punk Reveals His Favorite WM Match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
During a new interview conducted for Marvel.com, WWE Champion CM Punk had the following to say when asked what his favorite WrestleMania match off all-time is:

"WrestleMania 13, right in my backyard of Chicago. Bret 'The Hitman' Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin. I can remember every punch thrown, every bodyslam and every submission move. It’s just one of those perfect matches that told a story. There’s just so many to choose from, but this match is the one that sticks out the most."

I watched this match not too long ago as I'm pretty sure it was on the latest SCSA DVD, I loved it and it was awesome and quite a few of my favorite matches were Stone Cold ones also. CM Punk wants to wrestle Stone Cold and I think Punk will be bringing up SCSA a lot in order to get that match pushed through for 29. I think he was being honest when he answered this question, but I agree he's probably got an agenda to push through like Cena did.

Vivido

Reaction score
Awesome match and I'm not surprised.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
If he was growing up and was there live when it happened I'm sure Punk was telling the truth here.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I was worried he was gonna be a bitch and say Savage vs Steamboat.

I still say the greatest match in WrestleMania history is Benoit vs HHH vs HBK, but obviously the wrestlers can't actually mention that one, so I'm curious to see what answers they'd give if that match was open to them. I can believe it's Bret vs Austin, though, considering he's called Bret Hart the greatest of all time and Austin is his favourite wrestler, plus it's in Chicago.

Last edited:

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Steamboat/Savage is in my opinion, one of the top 5 Wrestlemania matches.