CM Punk on Jericho

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I'll list all the things that Punk is better at than Jericho in this concise list:

yup, that's about it

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I'll list all the things that Punk is better at than Jericho in this concise list:

yup, that's about it

Dude I'm a serious Punk fan but I LOL'D like no other! Yeah Punk is somebody who won't give his own dignity and pride away to the WWE. And the last thing Punk could ever be is the :shovel:

To be the shovel is to be a brat who wants attention at all times.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
To be honest Punk has more passion for WWE than Jericho I'd say. Someone who genuinely cares about the future. You can argue Jericho does too with him putting so many people over, but he leaves willy nilly. Punk genuinely did want change during that shoot, wasn't all planned.

On his day Punk can beat Jericho on the mic, and vice-versa. They're both equal in my opinion. I prefer watching Jericho wrestle than Punk, but it's hard to split them in technical areas. I'd say Jericho has him on psychology though and uniqueness (I love his rants during matches).

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I think Punk's biggest problem in his current character is that, well, he's a face.

Punk is one of the top guys in the industry today. He can wrestle. He can talk. He can get heat. He can put people over without looking weak. He can be dominant in the ring without being a physically-imposing force.

His real weakness, though, is that I feel like he prefers playing the bad guy, just like guys like Ric Flair and Scott Hall. He knows that good is basically boring and being bad is fun. Because he doesn't really like being face (he's had two face runs in WWE, as an example; both started out with him being edgy and unpredictable and both led to character decay; the first ended with him taking on Jeff Hardy and becoming a heel for calling Jeff out for his drug abuse…just pointing out), he tends to rely more on Creative's ideas rather than his own and Creative thinks it's "cool" when he breaks kayfabe.

If he could have more fun and find a way to channel his own creativity into his promos (as reports are that he's one of the few guys allowed freedom on the mic when he wants it), it would put a vastly better spin on things and he wouldn't have to rely on the much-maligned breaking of the fourth wall to make promo points.

wk

P.s.: For any haters out there, the worked shoot (or, as I prefer to call it, "shot work") promo is an exception to a great many rules. This includes the "breaking kayfabe/the fourth wall is bad" rule. At the point that promo happened, it actually was edgy and different and (yes, I'll say it) cool. But it's not something that should be a regular part of anyone's repertoire, not even HHH's.

Sent from my iPad while I'm rocking' with Tapatalk.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I didn't even see Punk's comment about Jericho as 'breaking kayfabe.' Jericho has been gone for awhile (and was gone for a while back between 2005 and 2007 as well) and so it's believable that he would do other celebrity appearances. So, I saw no problem that Punk made a mention of his failure on Dancing With The Stars.

As far as comparing Jericho and CM Punk, I'd say Jericho has Punk beat in pretty much every category (and I'm a fan of both guys.) They're about equal in the ring. But Jericho has had funnier and better promos. Punk is good on the mic, but his rebellious-like 'breaking kayfabe' promos from last year got old quick.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Jericho was punted by Orton, I don't see how mentioning "Dancing with the stars" for a returning Chris Jericho isn't breaking kayfabe, Jericho's kayfabe character would never go on a show like that.

It was a shameless comment which makes him look desperate to look good.

Reaction score
I'm a CM Punk mark, but I think his promos are getting really really boring. He's got what he wanted. He's the WWE Champion, he's the cover of almost everything WWE produced. His "pipebombs" are no longer pipebombs, they're just breaking keyfabe over and over. I like it one or two times, but doing it every single week is dirty.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
They needed to book him similar to Stone Cold to be honest, the guy who breaks authority. He shouldn't be promoting media etc, he should just be the main-event champion who hates the conspiracy of WWE.

Now he's just John Cena.

Reaction score
Crayo said:
They needed to book him similar to Stone Cold to be honest, the guy who breaks authority. He shouldn't be promoting media etc, he should just be the main-event champion who hates the conspiracy of WWE.

Now he's just John Cena.

"You have become... The New York Yankees!" Oh, the irony...

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Got your first rep for that :)

Oh, I'm flattered! It is true, though. He's now everything he criticized in John Cena. Worse, he is all that he said Cena criticized, but was. Damn, this is confusing.