CM Punk hits a fan - Intentional or unintentional?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
[video=youtube;bp5HEXtT6Tk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bp5HEXtT6Tk[/video]

Doubt this guy presses charges he seems pretty chill about the situation just understandably confused about it.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
[video=youtube;bp5HEXtT6Tk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bp5HEXtT6Tk[/video]

Doubt this guy presses charges he seems pretty chill about the situation just understandably confused about it.

Just got done reading a report where he claimed he would be pressing charges last night. Though I could see a situation where Punk apologize and he gets a shit ton of free stuff.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I read that while he was talking to police he hadn't decided if he was or not but we'll see.

Police in Sacramento, CA have interviewed a WWE fan who was punched in the face by CM Punk during a live televised event Monday night ... TMZ has learned.

The incident occurred on "Monday Night Raw" -- when Punk went into the crowd after a match ... and several fans began to get physical with him.

At first, Punk shrugged off the fans ... but the wrestler snapped when someone made contact with the back of Punk's head.

Punk unleashes a punch at the person he thinks hit him ... taking the guy down hard.

The victim met with police shortly after the incident ... and a rep for the Sacramento County Sheriff's Dept. tells us the man didn't appear to have any major injuries that required medical attention.

But later that night, the victim re-contacted police ... and said he had developed pain in his knees.

Cops say officers took the victim's statement and are determining whether to conduct a full investigation into the matter.

A rep for the WWE tells TMZ, "WWE security was unfortunately not in the appropriate place at the time. Given CM Punk's persona as a 'bad guy' fans were naturally heckling him, but unfortunately a few fans began shoving him and one struck him in the kidney and on the back."

The rep adds, "WWE regrets that proper security measures were not in place, and CM Punk apologizes for reacting in the heat of the moment."

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
WWE has issued an official statement regarding CM Punk striking a fan in the face twice at the conclusion of Monday's WWE RAW.

WWE told TMZ.com:

"WWE security was unfortunately not in the appropriate place at the time. Given CM Punk's persona as a 'bad guy' fans were naturally heckling him, but unfortunately a few fans began shoving him and one struck him in the kidney and on the back."

"WWE regrets that proper security measures were not in place, and CM Punk apologizes for reacting in the heat of the moment."
Not that this was needed as proof for anything, but there's absolutely no way it would be a work. This is negative publicity, something WWE certainly doesn't want.

PHX beat me to it.

Anyway, I kinda laughed at the pain in the knees thing. Anything to get a few more dollars thrown their way :lmao

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not that this was needed as proof for anything, but there's absolutely no way it would be a work. This is negative publicity, something WWE certainly doesn't want.

PHX beat me to it.

Anyway, I kinda laughed at the pain in the knees thing. Anything to get a few more dollars thrown their way :lmao

Oh, you punched me in the face? Ouch, my knee!

Reminds me of some older Maddens whenever your player would hurt his knee and walk off holding his elbow.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Surprised the guy didn't say he had whiplash, get a few bucks thrown his way.

Pain in the knees is a weak victim startement.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Clearly his knee bone is connected to his head bone.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Clearly his knee bone is connected to his head bone.

Makes total sense.

Although Jericho got suspended for less, who is to say this doesn't impact Punks reign, maybe he could get stripped of the title and it results in a Cena/Ryback match at HIAC and CM Punk comes back from suspension and is bitter because noone could take the title from him so the WWE takes it away from him and noone can beat the best in the world so they cheat him with shit like this.

Could turn a negative into a positive.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Have to say it kind of sucks how this is taking attention away from how awesome the Punk/Vince stuff was.

Reactions: 1 person

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'm actually quite surprised to not hear anyone crying about how Punk was getting beat up by a senior citizen.

I enjoyed the segments and I enjoyed the match itself, certainly got more offense than his last match.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The bitching is happening on other forums I've seen but yeah as far as on here I'm kind of pleasantly surprised as well. Me personally was too busy enjoying it to care that much plus it was enjoyable on how it was done. Was glad they basically made Punk escape from 3 guys.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The bitching is happening on other forums I've seen but yeah as far as on here I'm kind of pleasantly surprised as well. Me personally was too busy enjoying it to care that much plus it was enjoyable on how it was done. Was glad they basically made Punk escape from 3 guys.

A person I respect more than anyone in wrestling once told me, that a heel is always a coward at heart, if they can buck authority and never backdown to anyone, than who says they are heels? How is somebody supposed to maintain heat if they are too smart and too tough to be outdone by anyone? And how are the fans supposed to not get bored with it and think it's all just futile and stop paying attention?

Cool heels killed wrestling imo.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I wouldn't say cool heels killed wrestling but it certainly made people forget what a heel is supposed to be. People can say they want but Punk is getting more and more over by the week it seems as a heel and hearing less CM Punk chants and hearing a lot more boos which is hard to do in today's wrestling.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
[video=youtube;vbQhBrHT420]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbQhBrHT420&feature=youtu.be[/video]

This made me LOL

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Looks like he already got hit in the face without watching it.