CM Punk Finally Speaks Out On WWE Departure, Takes Shot at Ryback

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
I Bryan was always going to ME WrestleMania, then they wouldn't have Rey F'N Mysterio getting booed out of building at Royal Rumble.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
......how is that supposed to make sense? If DB came out we don't get the actual great match at WM where DB goes over the Authority, and we knew via Batista's contract he was going to ME WM.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I Bryan was always going to ME WrestleMania, then they wouldn't have Rey F'N Mysterio getting booed out of building at Royal Rumble.
Again, maybe I am naive to just how ignorant WWE is to what the fans want or how they will react, but you've got to be kidding me if you don't think WWE didn't know damn well Mysterio was about to get boo'd to hell when he came out #30 and not DB.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I said after R.R. That Bryan would beat hhh and get into the ME.(B4 it was even a thing) I think it was always planned to involve Bryan. No idea why you would have a storyline from s.s. To mania and not have Bryan. I forget who punk was involved with at the time.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Here is why WWE didn't have Bryan in/win the rumble. Basically, it's simple. It made Bryans story that much better.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Here is why WWE didn't have Bryan in/win the rumble. Basically, it's simple. It made Bryans story that much better.
That's what I'm saying. Keeping DB out of the RR gave the "DB is getting screwed" angle some real merit. This wasn't DB getting screwed on screen kayfabe by HHH, this made people think he was actually getting screwed for real, which obviously gets him even more over.

Add in the whole Batista thing and I almost feel like the WWE and Batista knew he wasn't going to be welcomed back as a face and would be viewed as holding DB down.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I still have a sneaking suspicion that it was always going to be a triple threat. I remember arguing with DB marks in December/January (leading to the RR) that DB would main event Mania and people were convinced it would be Batista vs Orton. This theory forces me to suspend disbelief long enough to assume WWE could do something that is actually brilliant, but let's assume they have eyes and ears and were able to see how well holding DB back was getting him over and then bring back Bortista to really sell to the fans "hey, we're legit fucking DB learn to cope".

You either believe that or you believe that WWE was so stupid they were actually going to book Batista to win the WWE Championship as a face off of Orton at Mania and only realized it was a terrible idea sometime between Batista winning the Rumble and DB getting the match/stipulation with HHH.

That's the thing... When the fans were bitching about "oh they're burying DB HOW DARE THEY he's been laid out at the end of each show and DAMMIT HOW DARE YOU TAKE HIS TITLE AWAY I WANT A REFUND no don't push Big Shoe fuck you WWE" it really, really was the best work WWE has pulled in a long, long time. Absolutely brilliant way to get the DB fanboys to like him more (makes me wonder about Cesaro tbh, look at all the crying about Sandow and where he is now lol). You can't tell me so much of that wasn't planned, it obviously was.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
So apparently Riplle H wants Punk dead and Cabana is on the permanent black list now.

Who didn't see that coming?

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
bryan alvarez from the observer
Cool story bro.
YRlOrHT.gif

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I still have a sneaking suspicion that it was always going to be a triple threat. I remember arguing with DB marks in December/January (leading to the RR) that DB would main event Mania and people were convinced it would be Batista vs Orton. This theory forces me to suspend disbelief long enough to assume WWE could do something that is actually brilliant, but let's assume they have eyes and ears and were able to see how well holding DB back was getting him over and then bring back Bortista to really sell to the fans "hey, we're legit fucking DB learn to cope".

You either believe that or you believe that WWE was so stupid they were actually going to book Batista to win the WWE Championship as a face off of Orton at Mania and only realized it was a terrible idea sometime between Batista winning the Rumble and DB getting the match/stipulation with HHH.

Makes sense, but I'm still more inclined to think their plan was for Batista vs Orton to headline Mania (especially given how badly Batista flipped out when the cameras stopped rolling at the Rumble.) I originally thought after he was screwed at Summerslam that the long-term plan was definitely for Bryan to get his redemption at Wrestlemania XXX, but given that Batista had been a big star before (he even helped draw one million plus buys for WM21) and considering he had a big movie to promote that was being released later in the year, it's not difficult to believe they wanted to capitalize on all of that by making him the world champion one last time. If Bryan was always meant to headline Mania, we would have probably heard about it from some other internal source before or after the fact (Punk in his podcast, Batista in one of his interviews, Meltzer, etc.)

Also, why would they want someone like Rey Mysterio to be booed when they could have just as well used the opportunity to get another heel heat (i.e. Barrett coming out and proclaiming that his bad news is that Bryan isn't in the Rumble, which was an idea JR and Austin had on their podcast)?