CM Punk & Breast Cancer Comment

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
If that segment and the 10% of money raised from it went to save just one life, it was all worth it.
Yeah and just think of all the lives they're pretending to save that could've been saved. Sure, it's nice if even one life is saved, but that doesn't mean you back a company who is a fraud and claims to do Shit that they don't do.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Yeah and just think of all the lives they're pretending to save that could've been saved. Sure, it's nice if even one life is saved, but that doesn't mean you back a company who is a fraud and claims to do Shit that they don't do.

Really can't argue against that

Reactions: edge4ever

HunterHearstJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Komen is a scam, sorry to say, it's said that only %1 goes towards research for the disease, there's been proven cures for cancer, one discovered in the United States and the other discovered in Holland I think, FDA will not approve these cures due to the fact that it would destroy the pharmaceutical business and money for treatment would go down a ton.

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
Komen is a scam, sorry to say, it's said that only %1 goes towards research for the disease, there's been proven cures for cancer, one discovered in the United States and the other discovered in Holland I think, FDA will not approve these cures due to the fact that it would destroy the pharmaceutical business and money for treatment would go down a ton.

Cancer doesn't even kill most people. 95% of the time it is the treatment. Aggressive cancer that is rare can kill people, but it is RARE. You have to give the body what it needs to become immune to the cancer cells not destroy the ones it has left. That is just stupid. Why would attacking the entire body to kill one area of cancerous cells work?

Also there have been cases coming out where people are told they have cancer and come to find out after years of treatment, they never did. The whole pharmaceutical and healthcare system is a scam. I mean the leading cause of death in the US is prescription pills. What does that tell ya? When the "cure" is killing more than the disease, something ain't right. Symptoms are treated. Bottom line.

Also it has been proven a lot of these "cure" foundations are funded by the same people who bank from them... the government. They do this to get even more money from people feeling sympathetic towards others. It is a sick thing. I have heard people say that the funding goes towards covering up cures more than anything.

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
What is everyone a doctor here now?

Thanks to WebMD you can be a doctor too! Start by self diagnosing yourself with a deadly disease because you feel slightly tired with a headache.

lol I read a lot of things against the healthcare system, some facts, a lot of opinions, but it makes sense to me.

HunterHearstJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Cancer doesn't even kill most people. 95% of the time it is the treatment. Aggressive cancer that is rare can kill people, but it is RARE. You have to give the body what it needs to become immune to the cancer cells not destroy the ones it has left. That is just stupid. Why would attacking the entire body to kill one area of cancerous cells work?

Also there have been cases coming out where people are told they have cancer and come to find out after years of treatment, they never did. The whole pharmaceutical and healthcare system is a scam. I mean the leading cause of death in the US is prescription pills. What does that tell ya? When the "cure" is killing more than the disease, something ain't right. Symptoms are treated. Bottom line.

Also it has been proven a lot of these "cure" foundations are funded by the same people who bank from them... the government. They do this to get even more money from people feeling sympathetic towards others. It is a sick thing. I have heard people say that the funding goes towards covering up cures more than anything.
That's exactly it, it all comes down to where they can make the most money from a disease which is why approved cures have not been granted.

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
But back to the topic at hand... Punk may be a tool but I agree with him about this foundation. I just wish he would have said something sooner. Would have gotten to a wider range of people. People need to wake up to these empathy scams. They do it with women, kids, babies, pets, children over seas, ect.

If you ever want to help a cause, do it locally or go to the area that needs the help yourself. Don't ever give a nation wide "campaign" a monthly fund.

I know a lot of people may be pissed or disappointed in Punk for saying this, but someone who has the money and following needs to speak out.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
At the same time though, he would be being asked to go against his beliefs. If I am not mistaken, when Shawn (HBK) came back as a Christian, they didn't demand he continue the "sexy" act. Then again, he likely meant more to Vince than CM Punk. Either way, anyone who is willing to sell out their own beliefs is a coward in my book. Paycheck or not.

I'd have to say that's a faulty analogy. HBK not playing the sexy boy character because he is a Christian is the trait of a persona that WWE controls exclusively. It is completely a character that is owned and promoted by WWE and HBK solely for the benefit or detriment of HBK and WWE.

WWE has a working partnership with Susan G Komen. It is a business relationship and the actions of the parties in the relationship are all affected by all parties. While Punk is under contract he can be under an agreement to not say or do anything that would cause detriment to any working partners of WWE. If so, he would be unable to speak out against them at any point of time while under contract or face penalties and even legal consequences for it... this is not an unusual situation in an entertainment or sports company. If Punk were to say these things about Susan G Komen while under contract to WWE, not only he but also WWE could have faced legal consequences if the comments were found to be detrimental to Komen. And it's not a matter of freedom of expression either. A binding contract can override your freedom of expression since it is signed willingly.

An example of limits of freedom while under contract is not unusual. For example, even in their own free time, basketball players are forbidden from speaking negatively publicly about the referees. They could be fined. Another example is David Wells, who had a book ghost written about himself where he claimed to be drunk while pitching his perfect game for the New York Yankees. Now, the book was actually written while Wells was not a Yankee, published when he was and Wells was legitimately fined $100,000 because it violated his contract that he would not express any opinions that were detrimental to the Yankee organization.

So WWE forcing or not forcing HBK to act in one way affects no one but WWE and HBK. Forcing their wrestlers to support an entity that WWE is partnered with affects a lot more than just WWE and their wrestler. And that is why the analogy does not work.

Now personally, I agree and would never put myself in a situation where I had to say one thing while believing another thing. I think my personal dignity is much more important than the money. However, I am not Punk and I did not sign a huge contract with a company that likely severely limited my right to express myself however I want.

Last edited:

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
I'd have to say that's a faulty analogy. HBK not playing the sexy boy character because he is a Christian is the trait of a persona that WWE controls exclusively. It is completely a character that is owned and promoted by WWE and HBK solely for the benefit or detriment of HBK and WWE.

WWE has a working partnership with Susan G Komen. It is a business relationship and the actions of the parties in the relationship are all affected by all parties. While Punk is under contract he can be under an agreement to not say or do anything that would cause detriment to any working partners of WWE. If so, he would be unable to speak out against them at any point of time while under contract or face penalties and even legal consequences for it... this is not an unusual situation in an entertainment or sports company. If Punk were to say these things about Susan G Komen while under contract to WWE, not only he but also WWE could have faced legal consequences if the comments were found to be detrimental to Komen. And it's not a matter of freedom of expression either. A binding contract can override your freedom of expression since it is signed willingly.

An example of limits of freedom while under contract is not unusual. For example, even in their own free time, basketball players are forbidden from speaking negatively publicly about the referees. They could be fined. Another example is David Wells, who had a book ghost written about himself where he claimed to be drunk while pitching his perfect game for the New York Yankees. Now, the book was actually written while Wells was not a Yankee, published when he was and Wells was legitimately fined $100,000 because it violated his contract that he would not express any opinions that were detrimental to the Yankee organization.

So WWE forcing or not forcing HBK to act in one way affects no one but WWE and HBK. Forcing their wrestlers to support an entity that WWE is partnered with affects a lot more than just WWE and their wrestler. And that is why the analogy does not work.

Now personally, I agree and would never put myself in a situation where I had to say one thing while believing another thing. I think my personal dignity is much more important than the money. However, I am not Punk and I did not sign a huge contract with a company that likely severely limited my right to express myself however I want.

Very well said.

Maybe part of the reason he had such a shitty attitude with the wwe is because he didn't bother to read his contract.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Just wanted to say, I didn't read this, but saw all the cool kids gave it likes so I gave one too! :bodallas: