CM Punk and Jericho

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
The biggest problem with that is they built it up more as him leaving with the physical belt, rather then all following champions being made illegitimate due to never beating him. It just makes more sense to me rather then having three world titles hanging around to just have one, the WHC. Simply book it similar to what you've done but rather then issuing a new belt instantly, basically making Punk's escape pointless just have the one title defended every PPV. Make the company seem to be in chaos.

A prime example is the first summer of Punk, they had Foley amongst other people begging him not to leave with the belt. It just seemed as if it was the end of the world to them. Where as the WWE just cheapened their own world title by issuing a new one directly after the old one had gone. Punk was supposed to have shaken the WWE to it's core right? Why was everything back to normal directly after?

Sure Vince was replaced, even though he hadn't really run things for a while before that from a kayfabe perspective. That was it though, Raw ran as normal. I just expected more. Your idea is good but it makes the WHC look bad in how they'd rather have a "Phoney belt" as a world title rather then simply having it defended on both shows. People like Cena saying the belt was fake is another example of it looking bad. I agree Punk should have stayed away but he should have causes more destruction, after all wasn't that what he wanted ? To rebuild Raw in the image he saw fit? That's why he brought up "The voice of the voiceless" gimmick wasn't it? He was the pro.phet who wanted to bring the change, yet what really changed? Cena ends every show holding the belt high.

Fakking word filter

@[RKO] Didn't all three go to time limit draws?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
seabs said:
The biggest problem with that is they built it up more as him leaving with the physical belt, rather then all following champions being made illegitimate due to never beating him. It just makes more sense to me rather then having three world titles hanging around to just have one, the WHC. Simply book it similar to what you've done but rather then issuing a new belt instantly, basically making Punk's escape pointless just have the one title defended every PPV. Make the company seem to be in chaos.

A prime example is the first summer of Punk, they had Foley amongst other people begging him not to leave with the belt. It just seemed as if it was the end of the world to them. Where as the WWE just cheapened their own world title by issuing a new one directly after the old one had gone. Punk was supposed to have shaken the WWE to it's core right? Why was everything back to normal directly after?

Sure Vince was replaced, even though he hadn't really run things for a while before that from a kayfabe perspective. That was it though, Raw ran as normal. I just expected more. Your idea is good but it makes the WHC look bad in how they'd rather have a "Phoney belt" as a world title rather then simply having it defended on both shows. People like Cena saying the belt was fake is another example of it looking bad. I agree Punk should have stayed away but he should have causes more destruction, after all wasn't that what he wanted ? To rebuild Raw in the image he saw fit? That's why he brought up "The voice of the voiceless" gimmick wasn't it? He was the prophet who wanted to bring the change, yet what really changed? Cena ends every show holding the belt high.

Good post. I see your point, but they'd have to have a new belt with the brand split. What were they going to sell Summerslam with? The WHC was pointless and the Summerslam main-event wasn't going to be revolved around SmackDown. Summerslam had to sell, it's one of their big sellers.

The counter-act of having a new one come in was making them over-play on how phony the belt was. Video packages, something they absolutely own at. They can make someone love the guy they hated 3 minutes before. I also agree that they should have played more on the absolute turmoil it created. Have legends be interviewed weekly on what's happened. Stone Cold Steve Austin saying "Something I helped built is at risk of coming to an end" completely sells the whole story-line. The whole story would be built on WWE trying to cope with its inevitable downfall.

Whilst that i happening you could have Punk doing what he did do, interrupt HHH at comic-con completely embarrassing him. Arrange more press-conferences for Punk to turn up at. Mock them in the media, use the resources they had, but do it in the way like you have said, the "voice of the voiceless". Not just all mocking and cheeky, but serious too.

In a perfect world they would have elevated the WHC and have all RAW contenders face off with SmackDown ones too and having a grossly overpopulated WHC match. But that couldn't happen, SS had to sell. The tournament final between Rey and Cena could have done that, or a HHH heel turn leading up to it and something to do with that. All the demands you listed above could all be done with this story-line in my opinion, it'd be like the WWE is desperate for Punk to return, that way when he does return he can change the WWE like he planned.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Yeah, all 3 bouts were 60 minutes long.. and very nice posts by the way. Also, @[seabs] what ever happened to the WWE Spinner belt? I miss that when the "Word Life" John Cena was around.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I like that idea actually, the only person who can end the revolution being the man who started it. They could have done the tournament to crown a new number one contender. Christian wins at Summerslam whilst the big selling point is Cena vs Rey in the final to declare the number one contendership. Two of their biggest faces would have sold so well imo, especially as I believe it was their first match as mega faces.

So that sells Summerslam, Cena wins, getting attacked by PUnk post match setting up Christian vs Cena vs Orton at NOC (?). Have Cena win, leading to Nash's return setting up ADR as the Champion after he cashes in. ADR could then align with Vince, HHH and Nash as the chosen champion. Rio would lose the belt the following night on Raw to Cena after he gets a rematch. HHH demands that ADR must get his title back so that sets up the following PPV. Del Rio loses via roll up, after Nash and HHH interfered on his part earlier on. HHH comes down pedigrees Rio turning him face in the process. Vince gives HHH a match next under a No DQ stip, Hunter wins after destroying Cena with a chair.

HHH is the WWE champion going into SVS. He beats Cena after Nash interference and again at TLC in a ladder match. At RR he faces off against ADR, beating him via DQ.

HHH is the dominant corporate force in the WWE. Raw is in Chicago the night before the Rumble and Punk gets attacked whilst in the crowd having his belt stolen by Vince and HHH. He beats Nash down backstage and takes his place in the Rumble. Nash was going to forfeit his shot at Hunter if he won, he had number 30. We don't see who beat him down until number 30 comes out. Punk wins HHH comes down and they have a stare down.

At EC Punk is made to defend his shot inside the Chamber against Miz, Ziggler, Nash, ADR and Orton. He wins and Hunter defends his belt against Cena once again winning after Vince screws Cena.

At WM Punk wins being put over as the next big thing. He holds both belts and unveils a new design the next night on Raw. Bryan cashes in his money in the bank and we have a summer feud of Bryan vs Punk.

TL;DR
HHH plays the corporate dick.
ADR turns face and begins a slow burn push to the top
We get Punk vs Bryan for the world title through the summer
Cena keeps on showing desperation of bringing the WHC to his match with the rock.

It's not perfect but it could have worked. Over all Punk keeps doing all the media stuff you mentioned whilst having one world championship belt.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
That sounds perfect apart from a 4+ month long HHH reign, that can easily be used to push the corporate champion they wanted. ADR, Ziggler, Miz, Heel Truth, anyone accept HHH. Only introduce HHH in the last 2 months or something, and have him given the championship at Vince's orders, not won. Never have him defend it but have him beat down Punk or something in RTWM season where Punk goes over him cleanly at Mania'

HHH could paly his suit backstage guy well without having to hog spotlight. Could be a story-line not just to put over Punk, but give a nice rub to an up and coming heel (just thinking, what abuot Barrett or Christian :boss:)

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Barrett could easily take the role, he is essentially HHH Jr. It wasn't really thought about too much just a long rant / booking idea so it does have some flaws but the general direction is there imo.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
@[seabs] I fricken love you.. Your way of thinking is almost as phenominal as watching lucha libres fly around the ring.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Definitely. See, we should have booked that summer. Too much potential to be wasted.Punk has said he returned so early literally to sell Summerslam, but I think Rey vs Cena could have done that.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Rey vs Cena would have probably sold better tbh. Rey is a guaranteed draw whilst Punk was only potential at that point. Not to mention it being their first big meet whilst Punk and Cena had wrestled just a month prior. Crayo you should have made this forum back then.

@[RKO] Thanks :laugh: