CM Punk and Jericho

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
THEWWEMARK said:
Can't go wrong with either. I don't understand why all of you say Jericho had unlimited consistency, remember his stale heel character? I liked it for awhile, but those hypocrites and parasites where getting a bit old. Loved SES punk, Nexus Punk was meh, loved Hardy Punk and ECW Punk.

He's consistent as he's not cut a bad promo in such a long time, probably going back to his WCW days tbh and he's been solid in ring about the same time. Punk's got the issue of his promos being dull and his ring work being below standard at times.

THEWWEMARK

Jobber
Reaction score
Agreed with the promos.. disagree with the ring. Punk's by far the best ring worker the WWE has right now in the main event scene. Daniel Bryan's up there too.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I'd put Bryan above Punk personally. Punk would be a close second though with Jericho. Honorary mentions go to Rhodes, Orton, Tyson Kidd and Dolph Ziggler.

They're just so similar Punk and Jericho, there can't be any factual comparison it's just opinions. Even during his stale "suit" gimmick, he was still excellent on the mic and never cut a bad promo. Punk has had a couple of boring face promos recently after his epic spell.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I've been a Punk mark for a few years and he's really sloppy in the ring half of the time specifically with his botching of the elbow drop and the GTS. Not to mention when he tries to imitate the Kenta rush. He's good in ring but Bryan is so much more crisp as is Jericho imo.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Same here I really enjoy Bryan in the ring more than Punk nowadays. Bryan is usually Smackdown's hope now.

THEWWEMARK

Jobber
Reaction score
Punk's been tired though, guys. Dude's been a workhorse, he's still getting use to it. Daniel Bryan is amazing though. I'm a minority, but I see Daniel as a mid-carder.

Picassobin

Jobber
Reaction score
I agree to the elbow drop but sometimes his opponents aren´t able to sell his GTS right. Even Bryan seems to be better in the ring CM Punk cuts better promos and the other moves he do are great to see. To bring it to an end I can live with only botched elbow drops better than he fails at the other things and only do the drop right :D

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Tired? How is that an excuse lol? He was wrestling longer matches in ROH then he does now, not to mention he's a wrestler so he should be able to cope with fatigue.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
THEWWEMARK said:
Punk's been tired though, guys. Dude's been a workhorse, he's still getting use to it. Daniel Bryan is amazing though. I'm a minority, but I see Daniel as a mid-carder.

I understand that, since the summer Punk has had to be the man and it's brand new to him. But that doesn't stop him doing his normally exceptional mic work - he should know a bit better than to do childish jokes since his fan base is mainly smarks.

Also, 6 months ago I'd have agreed. I loved Bryan's ring work but I would have never wanted him to become a main-eventer, but since his heel turn (which everyone wanted) he's been so entertaining. He's getting tons of heat, he's making me laugh most weeks and he's in the spotlight which means more matches, and the guy is a genius inside that ring.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah Punk is getting under Creative's babyface mold

-They fuck his moveset up
- Mild Promos
- Normal Babyface ideals. I thought CM Punk would be an anti face but NOOOO CREATIVE THOUGHT THAT WASN'T PG.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Agreed. I wanted him to go on from the summer of Punk to a massive conspiracy corporate story-line. Against Ace, HHH and Jericho as the corporate stable, eventually leading to Punk going over them. He needed to stay as his badass character, but he is incredibly over atm.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
It all went wrong with Punk as soon as they announced the tournament for the WWE title. What was all the trouble about if they had a new belt? Let him walk and crown a new champion two weeks later. They should have left the WHC as the only world title until they were unified.

Picassobin

Jobber
Reaction score
It would have been great if they had introduced a new champions belt. I think that the roster is to big to cut a main event belt.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
seabs said:
It all went wrong with Punk as soon as they announced the tournament for the WWE title. What was all the trouble about if they had a new belt? Let him walk and crown a new champion two weeks later. They should have left the WHC as the only world title until they were unified.

To me it makes sense. It could have worked fine if they did it right. Vince comes out and cuts a promo, make it a sad promo and not a typical raging one. Have him complain about how WWE is now a mockery, something he created has turned to crap because of one man (CM Punk). The original title has gone but he urges the crowd to stay enthusiastic and positive for a new one that will have to inevitably come.

Drop subtle hints to the Punk marks to chant "Phony belt, phony belt" (not hard to do in modern WWE) and then make video vignettes of those chants weekly. Have the winner of the belt (Cena in this case) look down in disgust, have him play on how it's not real and play on the fact WWE is falling apart because of it.

CM Punk continues to go to RoH, press conferences, media, everything to keep the story-line relevant but play on how he generally hasn't signed and is never returning.

Towards the end of the 2nd month perhaps (this is the part I'm not sure on) have them play less on the "fake belt" and more about how WWE is on the up, have Vince cut promos in the weeks before saying any discussion of Punk is banned in WWE and they've started fresh, have him say he won't let a little rat like Punk ruin his business. Then at the PPV (not sure which one it would have been now), Cena retains and Punk comes out of the crowd in normal clothes and hits the GTS on Cena, holds up his belt to huge cheers to end the PPV.

He then feuds with Cena (keeping his f*** the authority character), beats him cleanly (if they wouldn't have done it, have Masked Kane return then -.-) which removes Cena from the story-line and then have Punk continuing his feud with Vince, Johnny Ace and a heel HHH being used as the muscle. Have HHH do mindless attacks on him, perhaps some weeks book him as a guy who could beat Punk but in the end Punk will go over him SO CLEANLY IT'S UNREAL and will have him as this badass over as fuck face.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
seabs said:
Tired? How is that an excuse lol? He was wrestling longer matches in ROH then he does now, not to mention he's a wrestler so he should be able to cope with fatigue.

Didn't he wrestle two 60-minute matches with Samoa Joe in RoH?