Clearing the Air

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great One

To be established is to have a stronghold in what you do. What does John Cena do?
Come on man, I thought you were smarter than this, using the dictionary to justify terms created in the Sports Entertainment business... that's ridiculous it's a whole nother meaning, but I guess that can just be an opinionated statement which can be argued forever and ever, but I stand by my opinion of John Cena being very well established based on the time he's been in the WWE.

He wrestles as a face. To say that Cena has secured is position as a top face is what is idiotic. You want established? Bring in the Rock and see if he's cheered. Bring back Triple H, Stone Cold, Bret Hart, or Roddy Piper and see if they're cheered.
Cena has definitily secured has position as the current day top face and I don't know how anyone could argue against that. Would you consider The Rock as being established 3-4 years ago? He had many boos as well, but not EVERYONE cheering one wrestler is what will make him established, because that will never happen, you can even hear some people who boo Hogan sometimes.

Bring back Cena and half the time he'll have more boo's than cheers. Granted, the cheers are beginning to get louder. However, that doesn't mean that he's 'established'. It means he's well-liked..
Saying half the time he'll have more boo's than cheers is a huge overstatement. There's hardly any boos at all from the majority nowadays and this has been constant for several months now. Of course only because he gets some pops from the kids doesn't mean he's completely established, I justified my reasoning with other examples as well. On a side note, in no way would I put Cena in the same category as The Rock, Hogan, Austin, HBK, etc. but you have to look at modern day terms... there's not much.

Yuo do realize that they're basing Cena's character, being him saluting and acting more like a tough guy, directly off of a movie character, correct? If you want to talk about the wrestling industry, then both Boogeyman and Cena are unique. If you want to broaden those borders, then neither are.
In a sense, yes, but based on that slim logic there is no and never will be a unique gimmick in the WWE.

The other arguements were to compare to how, simply because a gimmick belongs to one person only, doesn't mean it deserves merit.

Oh, and here's your exact quote:

"It's unique in a sense, have you ever seen a thuggish marine anywhere else (although he hardly even acts like the thug anymore besides the low shorts and chains/spinner belt, etc.)"

Not about unqiue gimmicks? Hmmm.....
Note the parenthesis man, it was more of a side on addition to his character which I through in. My argument was in no way revolving around that statement.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I like John Cena. He makes me laugh, and thats big for me. I also think that while he isnt UNDER RATED, he does a lot with a little. He has 6 moves in his repitoire and he makes it work, the smarks just dont want to see that because they just want to hate him. The guy works his ass off and tries to make the match as good as possible. He could put on a Bret Hart match and people would still bitch.

03mnm

Reaction score
Yeah I am not a big Cena fan I used to like him when he was on SD but now he is on Raw he is so lame and he sucks up to fans.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Sucks up to the fans? It's called playing a face. Your boy Sting does it all the time.....

xtremebadass

holy crap kaedon is back? i remember u always had the flair avatar on the old site, if that was u lol

Kaedon

Reaction score
i dont recall. I've been around. I'm a hussy you know...

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
If Cena wants the fans to cheer for him, he has to go heel. He gives great promos as heel and actually wrestles properly. Plus he'll take on better wrestlers than Umaga or Khali on RAW. Say, Jeff Hardy or Carlito.

jonnygrooveuk

Reaction score
im not liking the fact hes going to be main event wrestlemania x3 in a row, should loose it this year for a while atleast!

y2j5000

Reaction score
i want to see him rapping again as a midcard heel, he was gold back then. Now this Marine crap only appeals to 12 year old boys.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Yeah all those military personell shown on TV who love Cena are 12 year old boys. Or how about all the college/pro atheletes who do the "You Cant See Me" bit. I love people who try to use this so called "logic".

Status
Not open for further replies.