• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Clearing the Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrestling Station

Just to add a point, I think WWE will make another HHH in the business, i mean as HHH won 10 times the title, they might do this for Cena, make him lose it and then the next PPV to won it back again and so on to get a decent number of titles earned in his career! As the big names will retire sooner or later, they need to make legends as quick as they can to fill in the gap the others might make. (such as, Kane, Undertaker, HHH, HBK).

ChiWa

I missed alot of Cena coming up(no channel with Smackdown, no Internet), but at the Rumble two years ago the two biggest pops were Batista and Cena. Then they both won the belts at WM. A year later I thought nice, he's had his run and now it's time the king went back on his throne. But it didn't happen. Now he is a lame WWF cartoon character.

If anything, my detest for the guy has gotten stronger over the past year. I was fine with the smart-ass, comical, rapper gimmick. I cannot stand this stupid marine gimmick bullcrap. I'd rather see him do the stupid you can't see me hand wave than that damn blueberry salute. That's by no means a disrespect to our troops. I'm just saying......the man ISN'T a damn marine! So STOP! For the love of God! Now then his in ring skills haven't exactly improved that much. What he has done is learned to take better bumps and get his butt kicked a little more realistically, making his ever-present comeback in each match a little easier to stomach. I still hate the STFU, and his moveset still consists of the 5 moves of doom and that's it. But that's ok. The guy is still in the top 5 on the mic out of anybody in the industry, and he still sells more merchandise than anyone, possibly even more so than Degeneration-X. And yes.....you have to think about the kids. That's what he's there for. That's what Hogan was there for. That's what Hart was there for. But at the same time, you have to give other superstars opportunities. This guy can't be billed as superman for the next 9 years, or else you're going to waste or lose your entire roster. Have him get screwed out of the title a couple times only to win it back, I don't care. But there needs to be at least a 6 month time frame within the next two years where Cena isn't even in the title picture at all (kinda like Triple H the past couple years) or else things are going to get incredibly stale very quickly. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'll never be a fan of his and I'll never understand why certain people are other than the kiddies........never ever.

circle

Last year at this time I did not hate Cena b/c he was feuding with HHH (whom I wasn't too fond of b/c he was always chasing the WWE title). Since then I've been so-so with him b/c his feuds did not do much for me as far as "Cena needs to lose the title" or "Cena should stay as champ" The one thing now that I like about Cena is he has improved his wrestling ability, and he does try hard and gets better everyday. But the icing on the cake is he is a great guy in person, and a good company guy for the WWE. I met Cena last year at a house show, and I was extremely impressed of his courtesy and manners. Overall I think Cena has improved in the ring, and really I can't find a reason to boo him b/c of what he does.

Don't mean to go off topic here, but I got to know @CenaMark54 : who is the girl in your siggy? She is hot

NinoBrown

I've always liked Cena, even when he was the mosted hated wrestler. I never defended for him because everything said was true, he wasn't that good of a wrestler. But I do admit that he's changed over the year.

He's more charismatic, he's beginning to caring on a match and he's actually had an interesting feud since he's feud with Brock Lesnar. His Edge feud was the feud of the year. I still think he can improve his move set by adding another submission or more of a power move. I think he can go all of 2007 without holding the title for most of the year though. He needs to start chasing the title, if the same thing happens this year like it did last year with him and the titles then he's going to be a 5 time champion and he REALLY doesn't deserve that.

Wrestling Station

Yes to NinoBrown, Cena needs to lose the title and get to chase it as what Batista had several several several months of hunger to get his title back. This will make the fans get into excitment everytime as they wont predict easily that Cena will win every single match!
Cena became the new Hogan in the business! :(

3lions

I'll keep it short as most people have already given their thoughts.

I have no problem with Cena. He will be WWE's top guy for years to come and he deserves the top stop, due to his work ethic alone. He has improved ten fold in the past twelve months and is continuing to do so, although not as quick as he maybe should.

For his sake though, he needs to have a year away from the belt, mirroring the situation which Triple H went through recently. This way, his character is refreshed and when he wins the title again, it seems new.

I was all for Cena winning the WWE title when he first did but they should give someone else a chance to win the WWE championship since alot of fans are getting bored with Cena being the champ. Or am I mistaken?

Lashley

I like the guy a bit more, but I never saw him being champion like this. The only real problem I have with him is that he has had the championship this long, but there is no one to really give it to anymore. Champions are like they used to be back in the day, like the Stone Colds, Triple H's, and Kurt Angles, and arguable The Rock. I hope they finally give the title back to Undertaker at WM23, but that's a different story.

I think it's good that they booked HBK to be in the main event with Cena. Someone needs to take that title from Cena and HBK is the person to do it. Plus I hate they stupid spinner title...

Over all I think I would like him more so if he weren't champion, but he has come a long way for the better, no doubt.

CenaMark54

I was all for Cena winning the WWE title when he first did but they should give someone else a chance to win the WWE championship since alot of fans are getting bored with Cena being the champ. Or am I mistaken?

I don't think a lot of fans are bored with Cena. The casual everyday wrestling fan loves Cena. He recently got a bigger reaction than both Taker and HBK. He is still very very popular. Something has changed since the time he was regularly getting booed out of buildings to today where he is the most popular wrestler once again.

I think the fans have changed more than Cena. It seems they have grown to respect him more than anything. Its just strange, I thought Cena's career was over when they didn't turn him heel several months ago. I tried to sugarcoat it but deep down inside I thought he was in trouble. But WWE MGT stuck with him and proved me wrong.

damnbossy

let me just put it this way " CENA SUCKS " but if i kept on sayin that over and over again ... howz it gonna help me ... howz it gonna hurt him ... it's useless so thats y ppl have stopped dissin cena online :)

Braxxus30

I don't hate Cena by any means... he seems entertaining to me now and then. I guess my problem is just that I can't drudge up any excitement for his character. I never tune in to RAW excited to find out what Cena will do that evening. But he's still more enthralling than Batista is on SmackDown, in my opinion.

Soulpower

I think the fans have changed more than Cena. It seems they have grown to respect him more than anything. Its just strange, I thought Cena's career was over when they didn't turn him heel several months ago. I tried to sugarcoat it but deep down inside I thought he was in trouble. But WWE MGT stuck with him and proved me wrong.

Exactly. If you want to look for one turning point in Cena's championship reign, look no further that One Night Stand. He got booed, got his clothes thrown back at him, even got toilet paper thriwn at him, but he handled it like a pro and out on a pretty good match against RVD. After that even if you didn't like Cena you had to respect him and after that he a great TLC match against Edge in which he took a lot fo big bumps and all of a sudden the crowd sides with Cena, not because he's improved wrestling wise but because they see he gives everything when he's in the ring, and he's doing it for the same fans who were booing him not too long ago... Its all about respect.

Exactly. If you want to look for one turning point in Cena's championship reign, look no further that One Night Stand. He got booed, got his clothes thrown back at him, even got toilet paper thriwn at him, but he handled it like a pro and out on a pretty good match against RVD. After that even if you didn't like Cena you had to respect him and after that he a great TLC match against Edge in which he took a lot fo big bumps and all of a sudden the crowd sides with Cena, not because he's improved wrestling wise but because they see he gives everything when he's in the ring, and he's doing it for the same fans who were booing him not too long ago... Its all about respect.

he took it like a man and walked out still the champ

cp101

I like Cena. He has plenty of Charisma and always pumps up the crowd when his entrance music starts. I think his FU is a quality finishing move too.

Status
Not open for further replies.