Christian's heel turn

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I'm not really feeling it like I thought I was. He's miles away from the obnoxious jumpsuit-wearing Captain Charisma but this heel turn is looking to be pathetic. He's beaten Sheamus and Sin Cara....big deal. I thought this heel turn would put him to the top after being placed on the backburner for so long. Turned out pretty lack luster imo. Thoughts?

seX-Power

Reaction score
They're running with this conspiracy theory stuff with Teddy Long and I don't think anyone really cares. This Orton/Christian feud needs to end. Give them a 30 Minute Iron Man match and have Orton win so both can move on.

imported_Ant

Reaction score
To be fair he has only been heel for less than a month..and don't forget this storyline started basically when Edge retired.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I like how the Orton/Christian feud is fairly fresh but I don't like Christian as the heel....something about it just isn't doing it for me....

LIBERT4D

Reaction score
Not a fan of Christian--I don't get the whole 'Captain Charisma' thing, as he has zero charisma. Well, he did, but somehow it disappeared when he cut his hair.

I'm not losing sleep over him being a 1 time world champion as everyone and their uncle is a world champ these days, but I hope he doesn't get it back. I can't think of anything more boring than Christian/Orton, and I can't imagine Christian drawing in a program with anyone else, either. He's just one of those guys who I look at and ask, "....really?" because I just don't see it. Similarly, Kofi Kingston is over as can be, but I don't see it with him, either. He's all flash and can jump really high. Granted, the asterisk with all of this is that with everything being heavily scripted, it's hard to really judge anyone's capacity.

Christian bored me in TNA, though, so I'm standing by my stance on that, but the verdict is still out for Kofi Kingston.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
He has his moments when he has some charisma. In the end, though, I think he has gotten rather stale....I used to like him a lot more. I like how he is getting a title shot but I don't see him beating Orton, anyways. Orton is just naturally the more dominant one, imo.

Axis

Reaction score
Christian is a better main event face than heel, and I've been saying it all again. Everybody in the IWC loves to cheer heels, so they wanted their beloved midcard chickenshit Christian back so they could feel cool cheering him. But that character was just that: midcard. Christian was unique in knowing how to build great matches as a babyface, something uncommon among main eventers. It is common that wrestlers can only get over as heels, but not as faces. Christian was over as a main event babyface, yet for some odd reason the WWE decided to turn him.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Can't they just throw R-Truth or whoever to smackdown, have them be one of the top bad dudes with Shee-Muss...
keep christian/orton up as good guys, fans like them....
do the whole homies that don't get along but are teamed up against common enemies or some crap...

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I do think what Axis said about Christian as a face was very true. I never realized that unlike just about every other face on the roster, he could sell a big match. I remember the build to the Del Rio match at Extreme Rules was phenomenal, and I think had he stayed face he had a much better chance to stay in the main event even after his program with Orton ran it's course, which was one of the few face/face feuds that I was liking. As a heel there isn't much for Christian to do after Orton. Who's the next face on Smackdown? Sin Cara? Daniel Bryan? Both very talented but very much a 'step down' as far as 'level' goes. Where as had he stayed face there are Sheamus, Wade Barrett, even Mark Henry and/or Kane (who is kind of a tweener atm) as 'main event' heels.

That being said, I really like the feud with Orton, it's been very well booked and the factoring in the 3rd generation aspect of Orton into it was very cool and in many ways it's similar to the Punk/Cena program, yet very different. It's been solidly build, it's just a shame that it's overshadowed by Punk's epicness.

If I could ever see Christian winning the title it would be now, if even for a month or two, a face Christian would have had a much better Champ, he could have played up the legacy and presige of the title, kind of like Edge did as he retired.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Well im glad we are getting a longer World Title run for Christian. He damn well deserves to be a 2 time champ, if not more. The guy was about to be a top heel in WWE way before his TNA days and back then is when he showed that Captian Charisma side, now he is just given a sheet of paper with words on it, and he goes out there and says those exact words, but does them well and sticks to the character he has been given. Enough hate on Christian, the only reason his heel turn seems so bland and boring is because of the booking, now that hes the champ though id love to see a character evolution start to take place because if not then its going to obviously be another short reign for Christian.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Let's not get crazy saying he was gonna be the top heel, the only reason he was even in that main event feud was to be Jericho's lackey/sidekick. I was as big a Christian fan there was in 04-05 but the top heels were HHH and Edge at the time, make no mistake about it.

That being said, I hope that he gets a solid run. Not saying he's gonna get a 6 month run there'the strap but I would love to see him get a good 3-4 month run, the only drawback is there are NO faces aside from Orton to feud with as a main eventer. With Sin Cara being suspended, after Orton the next face in the pecking order is Daniel Bryan, who I am not sure is quite 'ready' (by WWE standards) to main event, and unless Sheamus or Wade Barrett is turned face there aren't many options. I am loving the Orton and Christian feud but after Summer Slam with an assumed feud blowoff match (not read spoilers quite yet) there isn't anything else for the feud to go.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
I dont know bro Christian was getting up there, he had that title match on a PPV and everything. And I dont even remember what happened to him but he absolutley ran shit over in TNA, not saying thats a huge accomplishment, just saying. But he came ran shit in ECW, not much either, but was a face for a whileee, and now is finally a heel in WWE after all this time. And im thinking that if they let him do some more improv and get slightly edgier that he could pull something along the lines of Bradshaw and have a great title reign, til mania where he would drop it to Bryan. That would be great in my opinion. The only problem is like you said the lack of faces. But Sheamus and Barrett could both be easily turned imo, and others can get a chance to shine as well but they are probably better as heels. Damn SD is really in need of some faces and I honestly dont know who will step it up and be the man at the moment. That could be the only reason we wont see an extended christian title run any time soon :(

straight_edge76

Reaction score
After the Cena match he like totally fell off the face of the earth in the WWE lol. He went to TNA and went straight to the top, I loved his run in TNA, but honestly looking back it could have been a lot better for TNA's future if they built the Christian/Jarrett match until like BFG that year, he just kind of came and won the title like 3 months later. At some whatever PPV, BFG that they were trying to put over as TNA's Wrestlemania if they did that match then with a solid 7ish month build.

Yeah, Smackdown ia lacking faces, and not even over faces, just faces in general, all you really have is Orton, Sin Cara, Daniel Bryan and... that's about it. I think the rest of the roster is heels. Barrett or Sheamus could be turned, but even that there aren't many faces on the brand, people say they got raped last year in the draft, I think this year was worse lol.

noumenon

Reaction score
WWE has enough chicken shit barely get by heels. Christian was working quite well as the scrappy face who'd come through in a pinch. The fans were really into him for a while, as well as the IWC always being up his ass which is a really unusual balance. There really wasn't much need for a heel turn until he was a little more established with the belt. It's been a long time since we've seen a mid title reign turn, I was hoping to see that with Christian. Surely there's other shit for super Orton to be doing... perhaps shaving that puberty beard to start with?

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I like his beard lol. I don't even know what I like about it haha