Christian

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
seabs said:
I can kind of see that but the focus will be on the World title leaving the IC as an afterthought imo.

When UW won the WWE Championship as the IC Champ it didn't make it an afterthought did it? (genuine question). It made the IC belt look more legit from what I understand, since the IC Champ beat the WWE champ. He vacated the IC belt after, but it showed the holder of the IC belt could hang with the perceived top dog, the WWE champ

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
When UW won the WWE Championship as the IC Champ it didn't make it an afterthought did it? (genuine question). It made the IC belt look more legit from what I understand, since the IC Champ beat the WWE champ. He vacated the IC belt after, but it showed the holder of the IC belt could hang with the perceived top dog, the WWE champ

He vacated it directly after winning the WWF title. So you can't form a comparison as he never had a reign with both. The point I'm making is all focus will be on the WHC. Like when RVD had the IC title aswell as money in the bank. Dual champions rarely work. Who cared about the ECW title when Rob was WWE champion also? No one it was just a prop.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
seabs said:
He vacated it directly after winning the WWF title. So you can't form a comparison as he never had a reign with both. The point I'm making is all focus will be on the WHC. Like when RVD had the IC title aswell as money in the bank. Dual champions rarely work. Who cared about thr ECW title when Rob was WWE champion also? No one it was just a prop.

They don't focus enough on the IC title as it is giving him a dual reign would bury the belt AGAIN as it's just recovered some credibility but we need some title defences otherwise it's pointless! Jesus the divas belt gets more defences at the min an that's a garbage belt!

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I think Cody would vacate the IC belt just like UW if he won the WHC

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I'd want him not too. Make him still defend it on SmackDown and loses maybe the 2nd or 3rd time. If he wants to keep it badly it kind of raises the prestige.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I'd want him not too. Make him still defend it on SmackDown and loses maybe the 2nd or 3rd time. If he wants to keep it badly it kind of raises the prestige.

:cool::cool:

Agree he needs to defend and lose then be in the main title picture! one loss doesn't destroy or bury your character and imo i'd love that belt on Gabriel rite now after his mini feud with Cody the Hornswaggle situation plus Gabriel needs something good wrestler plus be nice to see a high flyer doing something!

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:

Kurt Angle.... I emphasize Kurt Angle made the Euro-Continental championship work

Rhodes is no Kurt Angle, but that doesn't mean someone couldn't do it

Heck, Austin forfeitted the IC title, only to throw in the river 2 weeks later

Then... The Rock still managed to bring prestige to the belt

A WHC/IC reign could work, but will never happen unless some guy gets that over

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Then WWE is fucking up/wasting time. Rhodes is ready to be elevated to the ME scene on SD.. going over Goldust doesn't really get him any closer to that IMO

The ME scene has Barrett ready to go, Mark Henry's still credible imo, Daniel Bryan's the champ (ugh). It can do without Rhodes, even though he's clearly the best talent. He does need some rebuilding after getting beat by a damned Khali chop, but he should be good to go by Extreme Rules or Over the Limit.

Put him in a triple-threat or fatal-4 way for the title to give it to Justin Gabriel or Hunico, so you can protect Rhodes. But then the damn rematch clause comes into effect.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Draine said:
The ME scene has Barrett ready to go, Mark Henry's still credible imo, Daniel Bryan's the champ (ugh). It can do without Rhodes, even though he's clearly the best talent. He does need some rebuilding after getting beat by a damned Khali chop, but he should be good to go by Extreme Rules or Over the Limit.

Put him in a triple-threat or fatal-4 way for the title to give it to Justin Gabriel or Hunico, so you can protect Rhodes. But then the damn rematch clause comes into effect.

WWE seem to do what they want with that bastard rematch clause.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
WWE seem to do what they want with that bastard rematch clause.

That's true did Taker's been waiting, what 2 years since Jericho beat him for the World title?