Christian shouldn't give up

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

nation

Reaction score
It doesn't matter about the prestige. I was pointing out that he has won a world championship. People are complaining about him winning a World title, when newsflash: he was a world champion. It's not like he was in the indies. He was in NWA/TNA as a world champion ON TV. Yes Owen Hart is dead, thanks I already knew that. I'm aware of Hennig already passing too. I was actually putting Christian on the same level of Hart and Perfect, I guess you didn't see that. I still stand by my claim that there are guys in the indies that are better than Christian, if only they had the chance that Christian does. I know you've heard of CM Punk. You know, the guy that came from the indies to TNA, then to WWE who is now getting better heel reactions than Christian ever did and hands down, a better wrestler than Christian. Some guys dig their own graves. When Christian left for NWA/ TNA, that's all Vince wanted to know about Christian, he's second rate. You ever think that hadn't he not left and stayed it out getting paid more than NWA/ TNA, that he might have a world title under his belt? Christian fans should be lucky that Vince let him back in the WWE at that. He could of screwed his career over and not let him back in the WWE at all.

I just fucking told you that the WWE/World Championships are more important. No shit they're dead but Christian is alive and has opportunities that they don't have. Getting better heel reactions? Maybe you missed Christian in 2004/2005. A better wrestler? Christian is the most consistent and overall just best worker in the WWE so no he isn't. Maybe he fucking left because he wasn't getting his world championship he deserved. Its another company. Other guys have been there and came back to good success. Guys came from WCW to the WWE and had success. Vince is just a delusional dumb motherfucker who actually thinks hes still midcard when he hasn't been since 2004.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I'm as big a fan of Christian as anybody, but most other fans of him are delusional in a sad way. He'll never be world champion in that company. He's aging and has never been a main eventer before which is the proverbial "No man's land" in WWE. Kane and Rey have always had a strong following in the crowd and they botched Christian's return so bad that he didn't really have a chance. But hey, it happens with guys in that company. Christian's not the first, or the last, or even the most agregious. But yeah, the WWE World Titles aren't even taken seriously by their own company anymore, so I don't know what the big deal about him not holding a toy belt is. I feel the same way about Christian and Matt as I do about Shelton during the end of his run. I want them to be successful and it's cool to see your favorites on top, but personally, i'd rather him stay in the midcard and have matches with other solid midcarders than go to the ME and have mediocre-average matches with some of their main eventers.

Reaction score
I just fucking told you that the WWE/World Championships are more important.No shit they're dead but Christian is alive and has opportunities that they don't have. Getting better heel reactions? Maybe you missed Christian in 2004/2005. A better wrestler? Christian is the most consistent and overall just best worker in the WWE so no he isn't. Maybe he fucking left because he wasn't getting his world championship he deserved. Its another company. Other guys have been there and came back to good success. Guys came from WCW to the WWE and had success. Vince is just a delusional dumb motherfucker who actually thinks hes still midcard when he hasn't been since 2004.
And...I told you that it doesn't matter about the importance and prestige, it's a damn world championship. People are bitching and complaining about him not getting a world championship. Some guys would love to win that championship. Oh 2004/ 05, I remember that. When he was actually getting a mixture of cheers and boos. I don't think that signifies as a heel reaction. We can debate who is the better worker all day but at the end of the day, I would rather take a CM Punk match over a Christian match.

Christian fucking left because he's a dumbass. You said he left because he didn't get a world title. You said the WWE/ World Championships are more important. Wouldn't of it been smarter to stay in the WWE and wait it out instead of going to TNA only to tick off you boss? He sealed his fate right there. You go to TNA, there you go, you get a world title. He decides, well I think the WWE has learned it's lesson that I'm a great talent that they could put the strap on, so I'm going back to the WWE. He goes back, has a lengthy reign with the ECW title. Then he finally realizes, aw man they gave me a championship, but no one cares about me!!! I get pops and stuff, but I will never draw as a world champion.

You talk about guys from WCW to WWE right? Most of the guys that came over from WCW got fucked over by WCW. Some of them found success in the WWE ala Y2J and Rey, and others floundered ala DDP and Kanyon.

Ya know if ya ask me, some of these Christian fans are delusional as fuck if they keep on wishing for something that inevitably never will happen. If Christian was going to win the strap it would of been before the carrot top touched the strap. It would of been before the Oklahoman climbed up the ladder and grabbed the MITB briefcase. And it would of been before the bald guy with the red and black tights won the strap. Just give it up sunshine, it's never going to happen.

...god...

Reaction score
Vince/WWE management hates him, but he'll probably win the gold eventually. As far as my enthusiasm goes for Christian, it's pretty much been drained and destroyed by the WWE like usual. But hey, at least Kane got another run again! (this isn't sarcasm, I am genuinely excited and very glad and happy for the guy; getting what he deserves)

Reaction score
I remember at this time last year so, so, so many of the posters here were jumping my case when I was telling people Christian was never going to win the real strap and so, so, so many of those people called me names like fucktard, and moron and that I didn't know what I was talking about and that by this time this year he'd have won a major title. And here we are, 1 year later. I know he's a good wrestler, but Nation, you are so full of shit thinking that Christian was the most over heel in the company in 2005. That's so absurd, he wasn't even on Jericho's level, let alone Angle or Trips. And I'm still waiting to hear that pop that people must be hearing that I'm not, the one that says Christian is cared enough about by the crowd to warrant a title reign. His best pop was his return and if people call that a tremendous pop, they don't know a pop from fart. People need to get over it, he was never intended to be world champ, he isn't over enough and he is fairly fucking boring as a face, he needs to heel out because he peaked as ECW champ and right now he's kind of flat lining .He is a poor victim of internet over hype, the fact of the matter is he is a talented, but not very over midcarde, and that's the difference between guys like Mr. Perfect, Owen, Rick Rude and Jake Roberts compared to Christian, they were mad over, Christian's overness is perfectly suitable for his place on the card.

shane

Reaction score
I the christen not capable of wining the title ....

Reaction score
(Wow to the ridiculous comment above me) It is very true that Christian has been put on the back burner for quite some time now but never say never in the WWE and I do believe that Christian will win the world title. Christian had his first title feud in 2005 and then he went to TNA and now he is back and is trying to get in the hunt again. Just because its taken awhile doesnt mean anything. WHen Benoit got to WWE he almost immediately began challenging for the title and repeatedly lost and when he lost his title match to angle and then again to brock in 03 no one thought he would ever win a world title. It took HBK 8 years to win a world title. He won his first Royal Rumble and had all the momentum in the world and then lost the main event at wrestlemania to Diesel. Just because Christian has had a tough road to the title doesnt mean he wont win it. Christian will be world champion in the near future

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I remember at this time last year so, so, so many of the posters here were jumping my case when I was telling people Christian was never going to win the real strap and so, so, so many of those people called me names like fucktard, and moron and that I didn't know what I was talking about and that by this time this year he'd have won a major title. And here we are, 1 year later. I know he's a good wrestler, but Nation, you are so full of shit thinking that Christian was the most over heel in the company in 2005. That's so absurd, he wasn't even on Jericho's level, let alone Angle or Trips. And I'm still waiting to hear that pop that people must be hearing that I'm not, the one that says Christian is cared enough about by the crowd to warrant a title reign. His best pop was his return and if people call that a tremendous pop, they don't know a pop from fart. People need to get over it, he was never intended to be world champ, he isn't over enough and he is fairly fucking boring as a face, he needs to heel out because he peaked as ECW champ and right now he's kind of flat lining .He is a poor victim of internet over hype, the fact of the matter is he is a talented, but not very over midcarde, and that's the difference between guys like Mr. Perfect, Owen, Rick Rude and Jake Roberts compared to Christian, they were mad over, Christian's overness is perfectly suitable for his place on the card.

Guilty.

While I don't think I went the name calling route, I was one of the saying it was absurb to not think Christian would be World champ by now. I've given up on him winning it tbh. But there is that mark in me deep inside that if he were to ever get close (grabbing case in mitb, getting title match on SD/ppv) that all the near falls would have me on my feet.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I am a huge Christian fan, despite the shitty booking. But I am not expecting him to get any kind of world title run in the WWE. I think like most others have said, that after BOTH of this years MitB matches, I gave up all hope. However, I will say that IF (and that's a big if) he does in some way win a world title, hell or even get a world title push I will be extremely happy. But, I do see him as a mid-carder for life, not that there is anything wrong with that.

However, I would like to see him get 1-2 more runs with the IC title, I think that him and Kofi could have a pretty awesome feud, either a face/face or turn Christian back into Captain Charisma and make the title mean something again, I do like that Drew and Kofi were feuding for the title, but it's going to take more than Shelton 2.0 and Drew to get me back into the IC title, which was my FAVORITE title as a kid lol.

...god...

Reaction score
That was me, and trust me, I'm still waiting for the day to tell you "I told you so". I seriously still have the thread placed in my head so I can go back and bump it, LOL.

...god...

Reaction score
Fyi, to refute all of your arguments, mainly your's Enzo, Kane was in the same position as Christian. Now look at what happened, Kane was given a chance, a good storyline, and some good booking and now he's ridiculously over and shining.

noumenon

Reaction score
Kane was I hate to say it though... ALWAYS a lot more over than Christian no matter what he was doing. However I just look at it this way. If Swagger was given a WHC reign after what he's done in the past year...anything can happen.

...god...

Reaction score
That's why I'm sure Christian will get a run. It may not be good, it may be transitional, but I will be right, damnit!

Also, get on MSN.