Christian shouldn't give up

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
That was me, and trust me, I'm still waiting for the day to tell you "I told you so". I seriously still have the thread placed in my head so I can go back and bump it, LOL.
Well as of right now, I'm gonna have to tell you, I told you so.

Fyi, to refute all of your arguments, mainly your's Enzo, Kane was in the same position as Christian. Now look at what happened, Kane was given a chance, a good storyline, and some good booking and now he's ridiculously over and shining.
But the difference is that Kane has been pushed several different times over the years to the point where he has still remained over and maintained credibility with the crowd. Christian just hasn't had those chances but inversely wasn't able to maintain what little momentum he gained with the crowd during his ECW run.

...god...

Reaction score
Nah, in that thread I believe I said by the end of 2010.

Airfixx

Reaction score
But the difference is that Kane has been pushed several different times over the years to the point where he has still remained over and maintained credibility with the crowd. Christian just hasn't had those chances but inversely wasn't able to maintain what little momentum he gained with the crowd during his ECW run.

Largely, I agree with what you've been saying in this thread, but to be fair to Christian the ECW momentum was killed by the crappy last minute title change (to Zeke) and then being given nothing of note to do until MITB recently. If they'd have made a nice little angle out of him retiring the ECW title and used that as justification to give him a (losing) WHC title shot (even on TV or part of a 4-way) it would have been a perfect way for the office to guage how much the fans actually wanted the strap on him.... IF indeed they even have the slightest consideration for him being a world champ at some point (which I don't beleive they have).

I think, whether it be on SD or Raw, Heel or face... Even in the midcard:

Raw: Miz, Nexus,
SD: Drew, Cody, Ziggler

Way to many younger guys vying for the TV time that he'd require for a push.

Christian, welcome to Matt Hardy's world.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
The huge youth boom that has just hit the WWE makes it very hard for Chrisitan to be considered for a World Title run. The guy hasnt done much since being back especially within the past few months. He had alot of potential and coming off a great run in TNA I felt that he was going to at least get a chance at the main event but it just hasnt been in the cards. The guy is very capable and if he would of been given a legitimate chance when he first returned then I believe he would of had a very celebrated career but I honestly think its just too late. Hes at the point that Matt Hardys officially hit, the point of no return.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
The huge youth boom that has just hit the WWE makes it very hard for Chrisitan to be considered for a World Title run. The guy hasnt done much since being back especially within the past few months. He had alot of potential and coming off a great run in TNA I felt that he was going to at least get a chance at the main event but it just hasnt been in the cards. The guy is very capable and if he would of been given a legitimate chance when he first returned then I believe he would of had a very celebrated career but I honestly think its just too late. Hes at the point that Matt Hardys officially hit, the point of no return.

To be honest, even though I did really like Christian's run in TNA I don't think that automatically put him at the main event level in the WWE. Christian is an extremely talented worker and all but in the eyes of the WWE higher ups, the main event scene in TNA is about equivilant to the mid card in the WWE. He was one of the top guys in TNA and when he returned he was top guy in ECW, they are about equivilant imo.

That being said, I wouldn't say I don't want him (or Matt Hardy for that matter) to get a main event push and I feel that they are extremely deserving of atleast one run with either the WWE or World title, but I wouldn't be counting on it happening anytime soon.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I don't think Christian is giving up, I think it's the fans who are giving up. It seems like a long overdue thing to happen and people are just losing hope that he will ever be champ.

I like him but I don't care if he is ever champ or not.

Mister J

Reaction score
Christian has already been a world champion anyway. The WWE and World title are toys.

CMS

Reaction score
Toys with so much more prestige than the NWA Championship...at its prime. Now imagine how superior they are to the washed up version he hold at TNA

Airfixx

Reaction score
Are there honestly people that STILL cling to the idea that the TNA title really has any genuine lineage with the NWA title?

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I felt that way when TNA initally started, but around 2005 or 2006 I started to realize that TNA and the NWA were to completely different championships. The true NWA has been dead for what, 15-20 years?