Christian Possibly Leaving Soon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dark Neko

Jobber
Reaction score
If he does decide to not renew his contract, I will really miss him. I loved his work back in 05, loved his TNA run, enjoyed him carrying ECW in 2009 and E and C are my favorite tag team. He has gotten quite a few injuries over the years and is now a father so I can see why he might decide to retire.

Although I know one thing for sure Peep4Life.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Yup, both were great, but neither of them ever really carried the WWE

I believe Edge had 4 title reigns, and the 4 combined doesn't reach the amount of days Sheamus has had the title during his two. Just some perspective about them both as the top guy, because many think Edge was giving far more opportunities, which he wasn't imo. Edge to me, was the guy winning the rumble, winning mitb, cashing in, and losing in a month.

Edge had 11 title reigns lol. Kind of ridiculous imo but then it's not really that big of a deal anymore to win any championship (even the world title) a multiple number of times nowadays.

I agree that one was as good as the other when they were together as a duo (they were one of the highlights of 2000/2001 for me) but Edge undeniably was always fingered as the breakout star of the two and was given the stronger push. Edge was a constant main event player and had feuds with all the top names at some point (Cena, Batista, Orton, HHH, Michaels, Undertaker, Foley, etc) and won multiple world titles, won the '01 KOTR, won the first-ever MITB briefcase, won the Rumble, and most of all, main evented Wrestlemania against the Undertaker. Christian had two very short-lived WHC reigns and the only BIG big names that he's feuded with is Randy Orton, and if you count that very small mini-feud back from 2005, John Cena.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Edge had 11 title reigns lol. Kind of ridiculous imo but then it's not really that big of a deal anymore to win any championship (even the world title) a multiple number of times nowadays.

I agree that one was as good as the other when they were together as a duo (they were one of the highlights of 2000/2001 for me) but Edge undeniably was always fingered as the breakout star of the two and was given the stronger push. Edge was a constant main event player and had feuds with all the top names at some point (Cena, Batista, Orton, HHH, Michaels, Undertaker, Foley, etc) and won multiple world titles, won the '01 KOTR, won the first-ever MITB briefcase, won the Rumble, and most of all, main evented Wrestlemania against the Undertaker. Christian had two very short-lived WHC reigns and the only BIG big names that he's feuded with is Randy Orton, and if you count that very small mini-feud back from 2005, John Cena.
4 WWE Championship title reigns did he not? I guess I should have specified. I wouldn't consider WHC to be the elite title at all.

Last edited:

F.R.I.E

Save_Us Frie.2.J
Reaction score
Christian vs ADR really changed my mind about Christian's career. But at this point, I don't think there's anything left for him.

Reaction score
didn't he try the "one last match" thing vs ADR? seems silly & redundant to have him come back a few months later and do the same routine. I think it's time Christian lets go and just waits for his time in the HoF down the road.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, not for nothing, but the blame here isn't on Christian. He can still be very entertaining, his last heel run was awesome. It's creative's fault that they put the guy out there with no character whatsoever and then expect him to get over, that's not how things work. I like him, wish they'd come with stuff for him to do.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
go back to Mexico and wrestle for millions of pesos

Which is like $10, $15 in American money.

As for the OP, I would think there might be something in the back he could do if he wanted. He's got terrific ring psychology and could be an asset teaching guys how to work and promo skills.

Christian was usually the guy in Edge and Christian who was the straight man designed to get Edge over, but he can be very entertaining, particularly as a smarmy heel. I think he's had a terrific career and I hope he lands on his feet, whatever that means for him.

wk

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score

Comparing kayfabe accomplishments, whats the point? Anyone can tally that shit up. Christian was more entertaining to me, simple as that.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
He should retire he has had a good career despite what some may think, he helped take ladder matches to the next level, had a lot of classic matches and is a four time world champ.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Sadly, outside of his tag career, I will mostly remember Orton ruining his fucking title reign when he first won the WHC.

Made this great moment seem meaningless in hindsight:

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
It's a shame that Edge couldn't wrestle at least one more match after getting the news that he'd have to retire because Edge having his retirement match by dropping the strap to his old partner Christian would have too fitting of a way to wrap up his career, especially in a match type (ladder) that they owe a huge chunk of their legacy as a tag team to.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Sadly, outside of his tag career, I will mostly remember Orton ruining his fucking title reign when he first won the WHC.

Made this great moment seem meaningless in hindsight:

Sadly, this is the first thing too many of us think of when we think of Christian. The bad part of it really is that Christian and Orton had a tremendous feud over the WHC after it, but the first thing I think about, too, is him losing the WHC two days after he won it. It was such a slap in the face to him as a person.

wk

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler