Christian Possibly Leaving Soon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

It was previously reported that when his contract ends that Alberto Del Rio will be leaving the WWE. It appears that he may not be alone. There are reports that many do not expect Christian to stay with the WWE once his contract expires.

Christian is 40, and there is a feeling that WWE creative isn't going to do anything significant with him. There were even reports last week that that if WWE finds someone "more important" than him, that they would replace him in the Elimination Chamber match

It's not like they even make an effort to do anything with him anymore anyway. And replacing him in the chamber match? Not that it'll happen, but there's a guy I can think of named BROCK LESNAR that could always beat the shit out of him and take his spot in the chamber match. Christian's always good at selling a beat down, but it won't happen unless Lesnar is winning the belt, which I'm positive is no longer happening.

But where would Christian go if he left WWE? Back to TNA? Meh. I'd rather be a solid midcarder with a larger paycheck in WWE than a big fish in a small pond. He doesn't seem like the kind who'd go to Japan (not that I know what he'd do) and I haven't heard anything about him retiring anytime soon. He could take a few years off, I suppose. I know he's 40 but he's in excellent shape and can still go. He could always take a step back entirely and then return in a year or two (or more) for one last run, perhaps.

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Everyone's going to look back on 2014 and go "Oh yeah, That's when WWE went out of business"

Reactions: Wacokid27

@bigwwecritic

Jobber
Reaction score
cant say this really surprises me. i was never really impressed by his in-ring or mic skills. he's no Edge.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
He's really not relevant anymore. I don't see much opportunity for him there anyway. Head to TNA Christian, Christian Cage needs a return. Only time I really loved him.

MsShield

Jobber
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I like Christian, and I always thought he was a good wrestler, but he doesn't need to go to any other place to wrestle.. He need to retire.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I've always enjoyed Christian but yes it's time for him to retire, as for ADR I wonder what he's going to end up doing.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
cant say this really surprises me. i was never really impressed by his in-ring or mic skills. he's no Edge.
Christian was always the more entertaining of the two when they were a duo, and his Captain Charisma run was gold.

Christian haters can suck it. He's been bland his last couple of runs and can't stay healthy, but he is still awesome.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
The only thing Christian was better at than Edge in the beginning of their Careers was mic work.
I always found him more charismatic and a lot funnier in promos and segments. Ring work is really a matter of personal preference, but Edge's biggest move being a glorified hug was offputting for me.

Reactions: Danielson

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I always found him more charismatic and a lot funnier in promos and segments. Ring work is really a matter of personal preference, but Edge's biggest move being a glorified hug was offputting for me.
He was certainly better than Edge in promos, and segments in the beginning. Heel Edge really was amazing though. As a whole I think Edge put together a more entertaining career. Although, I never followed Christian in TNA, so my opinion takes a hit.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
He was certainly better than Edge in promos, and segments in the beginning. Heel Edge really was amazing though. As a whole I think Edge put together a more entertaining career. Although, I never followed Christian in TNA, so my opinion takes a hit.
I didn't watch/haven't seen WWE from 08/09 which I think was basically Edge's peak. So I'm probably a poor judge. Not trying to say Edge < Christian, anyhow, just saying both were very good performers. We can probably all agree they were both at their best when they were tag teaming together.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I didn't watch/haven't seen WWE from 08/09 which I think was basically Edge's peak. So I'm probably a poor judge. Not trying to say Edge < Christian, anyhow, just saying both were very good performers. We can probably all agree they were both at their best when they were tag teaming together.
Yup, both were great, but neither of them ever really carried the WWE

I believe Edge had 4 title reigns, and the 4 combined doesn't reach the amount of days Sheamus has had the title during his two. Just some perspective about them both as the top guy, because many think Edge was giving far more opportunities, which he wasn't imo. Edge to me, was the guy winning the rumble, winning mitb, cashing in, and losing in a month.