Chris Jericho to return to WWE soon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I don't need a dirt sheet, it came straight from the most credible source there is, Jericho himself.

[youtube]wbu13lINsgw&[/youtube]

It's basically a video asking people to vote for him on Dancing With The Stars, so if you don't want to watch the whole thing, go to around the 1 minute mark or so and he gets to his WWE return in a few seconds. He says he'll be back when the show is done. I don't know if he means immediately after it's done or a month or two or whatever, but there it is. We can expect him back this year, and frankly, this is double good because, as if we didn't need the best in the world enough before, he's really needed now to provide more star power. WWE won't trust Christian in the main event for long so maybe Jericho can return as the big face on SmackDown and have a title feud, hopefully with Barrett after ADR loses the title.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Thought it's always been pretty common knowledge that his return was more a case of 'when' and not 'if' but still, the sooner he gets back the better.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Oh, certainly. We all knew he was going to come back at SOME point, but nobody knew what kind of thing we were dealing with. He could've come back in 2012 for all we knew.

SAL

Reaction score
I didn't assume he'd be back wrestling at all. He is 40 years old, he's made his money, he has a ton of other interests. I'm sure he'd at the very least come back to make some appearances and maybe play a non-wrestling role.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Read about this earlier and good to hear. Have a feeling though he is coming back as a face even though he has a easy feud upon return with the guy who took him out with Orton. Could be interesting if there was some sort of Punk/Jericho alliance.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
One of the things that disappointed me the most at WrestleMania (which was the entire show except for Miz retaining the WWE title, Taker vs HHH, Cole beating Lawler and Austin stunning Swagger) was that Jericho didn't return to cost Orton the match and align with Punk. That would've been the perfect twist because the storyline was centered around Orton punting everyone and Jericho got punted months ago.

Then again, maybe it was a good thing it didn't happen because I have a suspicion, and it's only a theory, but I'm thinking it's possible that Jericho and Punk being partners would result in so much charisma to be in the same place at the same time that it would bound itself together into forming a mammoth black hole that would suck up the entire planet.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Feud with Punk plz. The promos would be some of the most epic stuff to ever grace the WWE. The matches would be pretty splendid too I imagine. :eek:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
lol yeah would be pretty epic and one of the best mic skill tandems in a while. Only thing I wonder is if they were to pair the two what would they do with Nexus since they had an out for them to be away from Punk but brought them back with Punk.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
:lmao @ the comment on the video. "So if nobody votes for him, will he be back sooner?" I sure hope so.