Chris Jericho accused of sexual misconduct

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
part of the appeal to me, tbh. Chris's character for the past...while has been that he's a washed up rockstar trying to cling on to that last amount of fame and relevancy. to me, all his gimmicks are ultra corny and I never take them seriously

The dude loves over the top gimmicks for sure

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
remember when he tried to get GFY over. the wizard gimmick. so much silly stuff lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I believe there were four essential dominoes that needed to fall over in order for AEW to exist and I think the Jericho and the Omega stuff in new Japan, is one of them for sure. I’m not sure it’s one of the most important Dominoes or not because I think if you still had the other three, you still could’ve gotten AEW, but Jericho definitely needs to his due Credit.

The one thing I will definitely say is I don’t think Warner Bros. would’ve given AEW a television deal without Jericho being the first champion as that was vital. So in the sense there’s no Dynamite without Jericho in Japan. 1000%.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Tony himself said the Kenny/Jericho match was what inspired him to give actual thought to starting a company where before it was something he didn't think was feasible. That and he had a conversation with a TV guy who I forget who convinced him that wrestling was going to be a big winner in TV rights, he wouldn't have ever done it without the safety of TV money.

Then separately I think All In deserves a lot of credit for convincing the wrestling world that an alternative could actually draw and resulted in wrestlers willing to take a risk with AEW

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I believe there were four essential dominoes that needed to fall over in order for AEW to exist and I think the Jericho and the Omega stuff in new Japan, is one of them for sure. I’m not sure it’s one of the most important Dominoes or not because I think if you still had the other three, you still could’ve gotten AEW, but Jericho definitely needs to his due Credit.

The one thing I will definitely say is I don’t think Warner Bros. would’ve given AEW a television deal without Jericho being the first champion as that was vital. So in the sense there’s no Dynamite without Jericho in Japan. 1000%.

Idk if it happens or not without, but the story goes that TK watched Omega vs Jericho, saw the online buzz and reaction, and that is when he decided that a secondary promotion was actually viable and people were hungry for it.

Would he have come to that conclusion eventually without that match? maybe, who knows. I think The Elite were extremely popular as well but ya, I think Jericho was the big name they needed to sell to networks and generate buzz that this promotion was gonna be for real.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Tony himself said the Kenny/Jericho match was what inspired him to give actual thought to starting a company where before it was something he didn't think was feasible. That and he had a conversation with a TV guy who I forget who convinced him that wrestling was going to be a big winner in TV rights, he wouldn't have ever done it without the safety of TV money.

Then separately I think All In deserves a lot of credit for convincing the wrestling world that an alternative could actually draw and resulted in wrestlers willing to take a risk with AEW
All In is a good point I forgot to mention, yes. filling up a stadium with an indie card was for sure an eye opener of how much need there was for alternative wrestling

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
What if stories are really hard to map out because you can’t really be sure. Is it possible that Tony would’ve gotten on board if they could’ve made all in work even without the Jericho stuff, it’s hard to say I guess. Maybe they would’ve did it all in 2 and that might’ve finally convinced him or it’s even possible that Tony didn’t even wind up being the investor this time and maybe Mark Cuban invested and made AEW happen instead. It’s honestly interesting to think about.

Can’t imagine a AEW without Tony, but technically speaking, the all elite was just their trademark friendly way of copying their all in success, and because they were called the elite, so technically speaking, they could’ve still created a company called AEW without Tony but certainly a completely different world.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
What if stories are really hard to map out because you can’t really be sure. Is it possible that Tony would’ve gotten on board if they could’ve made all in work even without the Jericho stuff, it’s hard to say I guess. Maybe they would’ve did it all in 2 and that might’ve finally convinced him or it’s even possible that Tony didn’t even wind up being the investor this time and maybe Mark Cuban invested and made AEW happen instead. It’s honestly interesting to think about.

Can’t imagine a AEW without Tony, but technically speaking, the all elite was just their trademark friendly way of copying their all in success, and because they were called the elite, so technically speaking, they could’ve still created a company called AEW without Tony but certainly a completely different world.
yeah I think an alternative without TK may have fallen flat, depending who was at the helm. this doesn't work without his passion and his nerdyness for that type of wrestling and wrestling history.

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
2mrd4lt62sd91.jpg

also, imma say one more thing about this Jericho revisionisms nonsense from that dude. This picture. This literally lead to AEW existing. You don't have to like him, you don't have to respect him but you do have to acknowledge that he 100% was quintessential to the business being in a better place than it was a decade ago.

no jericho in njpw
no aew
period
Yea, but AEW is just a subpar DLC anyways...

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
All In is a good point I forgot to mention, yes. filling up a stadium with an indie card was for sure an eye opener of how much need there was for alternative wrestling
Oh, this is what I was mostly referring to because I honestly think all in is the most important thing when it comes to AEW. The company is essentially named after both the group who promoted that event, but also basically ripping off its name just they couldn’t legally called it all in wrestling.

It’s honestly wild that so much happened over one tweet from a dirt sheet suggesting that another company could never match the success of WCW as an alternative to the WWE and then they were able to sell 10,000 seats.

I agree, though you can not under sell the value of with Jericho doing business in Japan did as far as bringing Tony to the table and getting AEW on television and all that good stuff that’s where why we’re here today.