Chris Benoit would have died in 10 Months

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Sandra Toffoloni, sister-in-law of former World Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit, sat down with The2Count.com in a tell-all interview for the first time since the tragic double murder/suicide in 2007 that took the lives of Chris, his wife Nancy and their son Daniel.

While the general medical consensus is that Chris Benoit's breakdown was caused by Concussion Syndrome, Sandra isn't as convinced that brain damage was the only cause of her sister's death.

"You know, evidence showed that on the Sunday before he committed suicide, he was booking flights to get to the show he was scheduled to appear on in Beaumont, Texas. This shows that there was a moment, however brief, that he thought he could get away with it. I don’t believe in the brain damage theory. He killed 2 people and believed he could go wrestle. The concussion theory doesn’t really stick with me."

Sandra brought new, haunting information to light in this interview.

"Yes, my brother-in-law had concussions, he hit his head for a living and I understand that. But way beyond that, he had a very serious drug and steroid problem. Unfortunately, a lot of athletes still do to this day. It’s spiraling out of control. The medical examiner told us after the autopsy that Chris was on his way to death within 10 months. His heart was huge, about 3 times normal size, and it was ready to blow up at any moment."

She also spoke on the effects that Eddie Guerrero and other wrestler's deaths had on the Benoit family.

"...Chris had suffered multiple losses of friends. Eddie Guerrero’s death in 2005 shocked us all, no one was prepared for that. It was devastating for Nancy but it was devastating for Chris on a whole other level. Eddie’s passing came after a long line of huge losses and Chris was in a state of perpetual bereavement ... The final blow came in mid-June 2007, just a few days before everything happened, when Sherri Martel passed away. That devastated Nancy just as much as Eddie’s death had devastated Chris."

In an interesting note, it appears as though Chris Benoit may have actually been planning on stepping away from the WWE shortly before his death.

"After Eddie passed away, Chris and Nancy discussed the possibility of Chris leaving the WWE and starting his own wrestling school. As a matter of fact, it had become more than a possibility. A business plan had been developed and merchandise had been designed. However, the WWE was prepared to give Chris a big push and put him into another championship match so Chris began training harder and pushing his body further. Chris did a lot of self-medicating."

Please take some time and check out this lengthy, unique look into Chris Benoit's life, and the drama surrounding him and his family. The complete interview is available at The2Count.com, or by following the links provided at the top of this page. In it, Sandra talks about a range of topics including issues with Chris and Nancy's marriage, their relationship with Paul Heyman and a lot more.

Source: wrestlezone.com

If this is legit, as I am not 100% sure if WrestleZone is a credible site for wrestling news or not, than that's kind of crazy. Not all that surprising, but still kind of crazy.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I've always believed that Benoit went full-on insane, but not strictly because of head trauma, of course there were other factors such as drug use, overall stress, and depression. Most people can live with one of those, but when you get all of them together, that's when things start spiraling out of control. I haven't forgiven Benoit, but I'm not in any place too. I can still watch his classic matches easily, and I'm a fan of the guy's wrestling ability and accomplishments. I don't let what he did affect how I enjoy watching what he did before his death.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
She was very brave to talk about that stuff, this whole thing is all the more messy when you see how many people it effects.

It was an interesting read but I don't know if this stuff should be out in public.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Does this really need digging up yet again, I preferred it when we all forgot about the him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Beyond providing a specific time frame, this is hardly even news. It's been well established that Chris's body was in fatal condition at the time of the tragedy.