Charlie Sheen will be at 1000th episode of RAW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lub

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Actor Charlie Sheen will be attending WWE’s 1,000th RAW Celebration on July 23rd and will serve as the for the three hour broadcast.

During RAW, Sheen will give his unique perspective in 140 characters or less about the action. WWE.com wrote about Sheen’s role:

“During the three-hour milestone event July 23 at 8/7 CT on USA Network, the “winningâ€￾ actor will entertain his 7.5 million Twitter followers and the WWE Universe all night long with his unique 140-character analysis of the action.â€￾

Sheen will be promoting his new show, Anger Management, which premieres this Thursday on FX.

Source: 24wrestling.com

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Pretty sure he's not actually gonna be there. WWE are trying to make the 1000th RAW as a big deal and like a PPV so WWE probably paid him to tweet/or they will tell him what to tweet since he might not be that big of a fan. And since he has so many followers him tweeting will help with social media rankings and what not, and also ratings if he's telling people that he's watching RAW.

WWE has issued the following press release on its corporate website:

STAMFORD, Conn., June 25, 2012 – WWE® (NYSE: WWE) today announced Charlie Sheen, star of the highly anticipated FX comedy series Anger Management, as the Social Media Ambassador for Monday Night Raw’s historic 1000th episode live on July 23 at 8/7C on USA Network.

Sheen will tweet during Raw, providing up-to-the-minute commentary on the night’s action to his 7.5 million Twitter followers. Sheen has more than 12 million fans combined on the social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. WWE fans and Sheen followers will be able to ask the actor questions during the broadcast via Twitter using the #SheenGetsRaw hashtag.

In Anger Management, Sheen stars as "Charlie," a non-traditional therapist specializing in anger management. He has a successful private practice, holding sessions with his group of primary patients each week, as well as performing pro bono counseling for an inmate group at a state prison. Selma Blair, Shawnee Smith, Daniela Bobadilla, Michael Arden and Noureen DeWulf co-star.

The series premiere of FX’s comedy series Anger Management starts this Thursday, June 28 with the first two episodes airing at 9:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.

Follow Charlie Sheen on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @CharlieSheen

Follow WWE on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @WWE

Last edited:

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Why can't they forget about bringing celebs for the business part? Why not just bring some old school guys to make an appearance. I rather have Scott Hall come in and make an appearance as Razor Ramon.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Why can't they forget about bringing celebs for the business part? Why not just bring some old school guys to make an appearance. I rather have Scott Hall come in and make an appearance as Razor Ramon.

It's not for RAW. That will have a lot of former stars and possibly a couple celebs but this is just for social media seeing as he has over 8 million followers. I don't see Scott Hall having 8 million followers. lol.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
As long as his tweets don't clutter up time on Raw, I'll be fine with it. However with how they are hyping it I'm sure it won't be like that.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
This lost my interest when it mentioned he wouldn't be there.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So he's the Tweeter guy? OK.

And lol @ Scott Hall, Sheen would be more reliable than him.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If they have a ticker feed for his tweets then it is going to be really annoying, we don't need to read everything he says. It is a decent idea on paper, he is a well known celebrity, it will get WWE some mainstream media attention and he does have a lot of followers. But I don't know if it will turn into more people tuning in, his millions of twitter fans will follow his twitter page rather than watch the show.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Meh, Hall seem like a nice gesture at the moment. Give Sheen 2min please

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I don't like Sheen at all. He was great on Two And a Half Men. But now he is just annoying as all fuck. I don't want to see him anywhere near wrestling.