Changes in music tastes?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Lately, my tastes in music have really changed. I've gone from being a pretty big rock fan over the last few years to being more of a punk & adult pop listener. Weird mix, I know.

It's made me consider my journey as a music fan. I started off picking up on hip-hop and rap due to my brother listening to it, but I started to move away in my own direction towards nu-metal. Eventually (thankfully?) I started to drift towards modern and classic rock as I got towards the end of my teenage years. Over the last few years, punk has started to take it's place and thanks to the radio at work, pop music has also become more accessible to me. And by pop music I mean adult pop bands like Maroon 5, not that Bieber shit.

Anyone else's tastes in music change over the years as dramatically as mine?

Castiel

Reaction score
Weird, this has happened to me big time lately. I'm generally into heavier stuff, like with screaming and junk, or just like alternative rock type stuff, but what do I listen to more then anything right now? Rap. I liked rap when I was younger but much like you that was due to my sisters and I found my own taste in music and began to just hate rap. I remember Eminem said he was retiring but returned and I just didn't like him anymore. Then I went through that period where I only listened to Beastie Boys last year, because who could hate them? Now pretty much all I listen to is Childish Gambino and Hoodie Allen.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Changed dramatically? Not really. I mean, I started off listening to classics and oldies when I was a kid, moved on to metal and hip hop during my teens, electronica in my late teen's and early twenties, indy stuff for the rest of my twenties and now I basically just listen to everything. I can't consider that my tastes changing though, because I'm equally comfortable listening to CCR or The Monkees as I am listening to Metallica, Slayer, Cypress Hill, Daft Punk, Bloc Party or anyone else I like enough to listen to.

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com
I'm the same as Fuji really. I was exposed to a great variety of music as a little kid and still basically like the same stuff now that I always have. I go through phases where I'll primarily listen to one or two styles of music, while not listening to everything else very much.